Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

- Masks Fogging Glasses??

52 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Fold a tissue and put that underneath the top of the mask underneath your glasses.

I tried that and it worked for about ten minutes. After that it was back to walking around in a London fog.

I had a conversation a few months ago with a barber who said that he found a product called a Fogger (maybe it was a De-fogger) in which he only had to wipe his glasses two or three times a day (with a cloth, I believe) and it kept his glasses clear. He said he got it at his doctor's. I have had zero luck in finding such a product.

8 hours ago, TomJH said:

I tried that and it worked for about ten minutes. After that it was back to walking around in a London fog.

I had a conversation a few months ago with a barber who said that he found a product called a Fogger (maybe it was a De-fogger) in which he only had to wipe his glasses two or three times a day (with a cloth, I believe) and it kept his glasses clear. He said he got it at his doctor's. I have had zero luck in finding such a product.

Dish soap.   I saw this one on youtube.  Dunk the glasses in dish soap but then you have to let them dry naturally without touching the lens.

I use the tissue with the blue mask (above in Ham's post).  Underneath the glasses of course.  And I also have another black mask (like the one in Ham's top photo) over that.  Also under the glasses.  It works for me.  It is important to crimp the blue mask tight over your nose like in the photo.

• Thanks 2

I have seen the dish soap one mentioned before.  Not sure I want to have dish soap on my glasses since it is an abrasive.

As for folded tissue, not too sure that would not "break the seal" of the mask and allow virus to enter your nose.

Have had luck with placing glasses over the outside of the mask, which also gets them a little further away from your face.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I have seen the dish soap one mentioned before.  Not sure I want to have dish soap on my glasses since it is an abrasive.

As for folded tissue, not too sure that would not "break the seal" of the mask and allow virus to enter your nose.

Have had luck with placing glasses over the outside of the mask, which also gets them a little further away from your face.

The tissue strengthens the seal.  That's why the glasses don't fog up.  You have to fold it so that it is a long string.

I saw the video of these remedies demonstrated on youtube.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TomJH said:

I used to get a product like that at a local optometrist's office.  Got it because coming into a well humidified house from the cold usually fogged up the specs.   Haven't bothered with it for a while.  Lately, when I enter a store with a mask and my glasses fog I tilt my head down a bit and look OVER the lenses as I can see well enough where I'm going without needing to look through the lens.  But as I'd rather deal with foggy glasses than endure a ventilator, I'll keep quiet.

Sepiatone

25 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I used to get a product like that at a local optometrist's office.  Got it because coming into a well humidified house from the cold usually fogged up the specs.   Haven't bothered with it for a while.  Lately, when I enter a store with a mask and my glasses fog I tilt my head down a bit and look OVER the lenses as I can see well enough where I'm going without needing to look through the lens.  But as I'd rather deal with foggy glasses than endure a ventilator, I'll keep quiet.

Sepiatone

Those of us down south have the opposite problem.  Lenses fog up going from A/C spaces (which include all indoors and vehicles) to the hot humid outdoors.

My glasses aren't large enough to extend down to my mask.  Some days are less foggy than others.  Fortunately, I only go to the grocery store, so I don't have to wear one for very long stretches at a time.

• Like 1

My glasses prescription changed slightly recently, and I got the specs that resist fog. They work most (but not all) of the time. They come with special cloths, which you use (it says) once a day, but I find you need to use it more frequently.  Optifog is the company that makes the coating.