Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Saw What You Did (1965) ........ first-rate Castle fun!! ....Joan too!

CelluloidKid

For the 1st time I finally got to see William Castle's _I Saw What You Did_ (1965)!

What a great ...fun little spooky film!! I jumped in parts... other just laughed out loud!

I'm a "Enormous" William Castle fan .... I can't wait for the William Castle DVD box set!) ....and of course we have the "Queen" of Hollywood ... Miss. Joan Crawford!

*_Best Parts_:*

1) Whn Amy Nelson (Joan Crawford giving all it's worth!) confronts Kit & Libby in which inadvertently saves Libby from being killed! (IT's over-the-top Joan!! LOL!!)

2) The spooky fog. The remote house Two girls home alone!. Then the killers shows up!

3) I love the ending .... Esp. when the camera pans up to the telephone lines with talking coming out!

Isawwhatyoudidmp.jpg

I have read that during its original theatrical release some theaters installed seat-belts so you couldn't be "shocked out of your seat".

*Libby: I saw what you did, and I know who you are.* - LOL!!!

Well for 1) it's not available for rental

2) I never was really much of a "Joan crawford" fan until the last 2-3 years after my mother passed away . So it's been "ONLY" until now that I'm going out and buying all of her films (Books ..etc!) both on DVD ..and on VHS (Since the Warner Archive Collection has released only so many Joan Crawford DVD titles....& I own them all so far, even the silent movies she made!)

I love William Castle ..and when I saw this on VHS many years ago .. I never thought to pick up it up!! Sad it's OOP!!

Thank G_D for DVR...now I have a copy on DVD for my both my William Castle "AND" Joan Crawford collection!!

*I have a VHS copy of _Johnny Guitar_ (1954) with a introduction by Martin Scorsese!!!!*

Very rare!!!

Isaw1.jpg

<< ) I love the ending .... Esp. when the camera pans up to the telephone lines with talking coming out! >>

I saw something similiar on "The Flintstones", 2 birds were nearly electrocuted while sitting on the telephone line. (if you never saw it, you wouldn't understand, lol)

What is even more funny is whats printed on the bottom of the movie poster "William Castle warns you: This is a motion picture about UXORICIDE". Why is the the very first time that people were about the learn that it *was* possible for a husband to kill his wife? Was this William Castles version of "shock and awe"?

The picture of Joan Crawford on the poster is the exact same expression she had when she discovered fine clothes on a lousey coat hanger.

Message was edited by: hamradio (thinking about the wrong Castle).

>>"Nick Castle warns you:...

Make that William Castle.

I-Saw-What-You-Did-poster.jpg

Ironically, a company called Dark Castle has announced plans for a remake. I hope the girls remember to turn off the caller ID feature.

Silver mines horror classic Dark Castle to remake 'I Saw What You Did'

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Variety

Posted: Mon., May 11, 2009

Joel Silver's Dark Castle has set "I Saw What You Did," a remake of the 1965 William Castle-directed "I Saw What You Did and I Know Who You Are!"

Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer will write and Lussier will direct.

The original Castle pic, which starred Joan Crawford, was based on the Ursula Curtis novel "Out of the Dark" and revolved around two girls who innocently pass the time making prank phone calls to unsuspecting people until they call the wrong guy.

Pic will be produced by Silver, Andrew Rona and Steve Richards. Dark Castle will finance and distribute through Warner Bros.

Lussier has a long relationship with Dark Castle prexy Rona, which goes back to his editing the first "Scream," when Rona was co-president of Dimension.

Dark Castle's first film was a remake of William Castle's 1959 pic "House on Haunted Hill."

Lussier and Farmer teamed on "My Bloody Valentine 3D," which Lussier directed and Farmer co-wrote.

Message was edited by: clore

I was lucky enough (apparently!) to snag a copy of this when it was first released on DVD and so have enjoyed it a few times over the years. ("Honey...you're too young...NOW GET OUTTA HERE!!!") I remember the older teenagers who had seen it delighted us younger kids with a scene by scene recap of the plot, so that by the time I finally watched it on TV years later, it felt like I had already seen it.

LOVE that eight-hundred pound necklace Joan wears.

Message was edited by: ArchieCarstairs

Message was edited by: ArchieCarstairs

Thanks for pointing that out, the wrong Castle, lol. I guess Joan Crawfords face and "Halloween" cause me to get my wires crossed.

About the Dark Castle remake, I've had it with remakes. I just last week gave a remake a chance and wasted 4 hours. It was the 2009 remake of "Meteor". 3 hours of this let down was centered around a pychopath and there was "little bang for the buck" in the movie.

LOL!! Love the old "Lobby Cards"!!

ISAWWHAT.jpg

The plague of remakes has even extended to Hollywood shlockmeister supreme William Castle, who proudly specialized in Grade A promotions for Grade C horror movies. Producer Joel Silver has a remake in the works of the 1965 Castle chiller I Saw What You Did and I Know Who You Are (How would like to have been the guy who had to put that on the theater marquee while balancing on a ladder?) The film starred Joan Crawford in a tale about two teenagers whose prank phone calls result in them being stalked by a murderer. The less-than-stellar grosses for the 1999 remake of Castle's B horror classic House on Haunted Hill didn't set the world on fire, but creativity in Hollywood is in short supply so even William Castle's catalog of movies is fair game.

Thanks,

Retro Cinema

*SAD!*

Message was edited by: CelluloidKid

What is strange is my mother never introduced me to _I Saw What You Did_ (1965)

& she was a huge William Castle fan too!

Funny, since the film came out the year she graduated high school too! I guess maybe it was due to the lack of availability!?

KUDDOS TCM for playing _I Saw What You Did_ (1965)!!!!

_The William Castle films my mom most admired were_:

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

The Tingler (1959)

The Night Walker (1964)

13 Ghosts (1960)

Bug (1975) (writer/producer)

Rosemary's Baby (1968, producer only)

Strait-Jacket (1964)

Homicidal (1961)

Uranium Boom (1956) (Another film I haven't seen ..never available but my mom talked about it!)

> {quote:title=redriver wrote:}{quote}

> I really liked this movie as a kid. Haven't seen it since. Even Netflix can't come up with it.

Netflix generally won't have any movies that came out on DVD but have since gone out-of-print, as this one has.

Unlike the print shown on TCM, the DVD is letterboxed. I like that version better because it is in the original aspect ratio, of course.

I taped this, but haven't watched it. The last time I saw it, I was about 16. I was babysitting my younger brothers, and watching it on "Chiller Theater" with the lights out in the family room late at night. My brothers, who were "supposedly" in bed, went outside and tapped on the outside window. I haven't screamed as loudly since.

I'm so obsessed with this film since recorded it ..I think I have now watched it 10xs...LOL!

William Castle was the best ...some great scary moments in the film ...Joan is just fun to watch ...her acting is over-the-top at times, but she gives one hell of a performance. She gives her fans on screen 100% off herself.

On the 3rd viewing ..I finally noticed that their are two (2) Crawford's in the film.. JOHN CRAWFORD & JOAN CRAWFORD!

Isawwhatyoudidmp.jpg

*John Crawford*

Crawford was born Cleve Richardson in Colfax, Washington. In films from the 1940s, Crawford appeared in bit parts for many years before playing leads in several films in the UK in the late 1950s and early 1960s. When he returned to the US,he played supporting roles in several films but was more prolific on TV in character roles, in scores of series such as The Fugitive, The Dukes of Hazzard, Mission: Impossible, Hogans Heroes, and most notably as Sheriff Ep Bridges on The Waltons.

_I Saw What You Did_ (1965) .... Trooper

John%20Crawford.jpg

The two teen girls couldn't act their way out of a wet paper bag. Plus their characters were so stupid and repulsive, I was hoping the slasher would appear at any moment and slice them up into teeny bits.

Joan Crawford's giant necklace gave the best performance in the film.