Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Would You Like To See On TCM In 2021?


Recommended Posts


What would you like to see on TCM in 2021?

I think I would like to see Danny Kaye.  Pretty please with sugar on top.

Bob Hope.

Leslie Nielsen.

jimmy Durante.

Shirley Booth.

Jim Backus and

Abbott And Costello all as SOTM.

Another Alfred Hitchcock event.

Mel Brooks.

Tim Allen.

The Muppets.

Jimmy Fallon.

Stephen Colbert.

James Corden and

Rick Moranis all as Guest Programmers.  I bet TopBilled would like that too.

Essentials Jr and Lenoared Malton with another event.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad would go overboard with the DVR if Abbott & Costello were the Star of the Month.  He loves them!  I'd like to see more Gene Kelly, Leslie Caron, & Red Skelton.  My dad & I have been waiting to see "Gold" with Roger Moore.  And my dad wants to see "Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves" with Jon Hall.

Lori

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im Substantially Going New School with a hefty portion of this list but

(No Particular Order)

(*First. ..For the Shows)

Sense8

Dark

White Lines

Maniac

Good Behaviour

Jim West and Artemus Gordon

Mel Blanc Imbued Looney Tunes

...

*Now. ..For the Films..... ..

--

_

Just A Breath Away. (Hold Your Breath

Captain Fantastic.

Blade Runner (2049).

Snowpiercer.

Okja.

American Honey.

You Were Never Really Here.

The Master.

The Immigrant.

Enemy.

Arrival.

The Fifth Element.

Dreamland.

Aint Them Bodies Saints.

Lowerys Petes Dragon.

Tomorrowland.

Let the Sunshine In.

The Shape of Water.

Peanut Butter Falcon.

A Hologram For the King.

Cloud Atlas.

Under the Silver Lake.

Brimstone.

Blue Is the Warmest Color.

The Whistlers.

My Hindu Friend.

The Congress.

A Very Long Engagement.

How I Live Now.

The Survivalist.

(Both) Largo Winches.

Dead Man Down.

White God.

Young Goethe In Love.

Eye On Juliet.

A Ghost Story.

The Other Lamb.

Cosmopolis.

Nowhere In Africa.

Princess Cyd.

The Necesary Dth of Charlie Contrymn.

Zoom. (Alison Pil)

A Lonely Place To Die.

Automata.

Black Out. (Arne Toonen)

RocknRolla.

2 Guns.

The Gentle(Wo)men.

Sucker Punch. (HEAP Ohh People.. ...Hate this one..... .. ...this One.. ...Tends to think its rather Progressive,. Fourth-Wall Obliterating... . ..and Brilliant..

Two Lovers and A Bear.

The Honeymoon Machine.

Run For the Sun.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Our Man Flint.

Klute.

Captain Kronos; Vampire Hunter.

Lilies of the Field.

Keys of the Kingdom.

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm.

The Tribe.

The Good the Bad the Weird.

Sherlock Jr.

Speedy.

The General.

Arizona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

   ..SOME of These.....

.

I (Think i) KNOW..... ..ARE.. On TCM's Queue...

.. .Nonetheless...

.

Those that ARE (Intermittently) Shown on Classic films and mentioned above ..

 

 

To Show Those Aforementioned.. +More Often .. ...Would Be 👍👍👍👍👍

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I Can NEAR.. .GUARANTEE.. ...Ill be Back.. .Adding to this Thread..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As many of these as possible:

Blade Runner (1982, Scott)

Mulholland Drive (2001. Lynch)

Shoah (1985, Lanzmann)

The Shining (1980, Kubrick) 

Satantango (1994, Tarr)

The Mother and the W*or* (1973, Eustache)

 E.T.  the Extra-Terrestrial (1982, Spielberg)

L'Age D'Or (1930, Bunuel)

Don't Look Now (1973, Roeg)

The Passenger (1975, Antonioni)

Come and See (1985, Klimov)

The Gospel According to Saint Matthew (1964, Pasolini)

 Histoire(s) du Cinema (1998, Godard)

Spring in a Small Town (1948, Fei)

L'Argent (1983, Bresson)

Mouchette (1967, Bresson)

Dekalog (1989, Kieslowski)

Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975, Pasolini)

The Travelling Players (1975, Angelopoulos)

A City of Sadness (1989, Hou)

Celine and Julie Go Boating (1974, Rivette)

Breaking the Waves (1996, Von Trier)

Fargo (1995, Coen)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974, Hooper)

Black God, White Devil (1964, Rocha)

Wavelength (1967, Snow)

The Thin Red Line (1998, Malick)

Cache (2005, Haneke)

The Big Lebowski (1998, Coen)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981, Spielberg)

Schindler's List (1993, Spielberg)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004, Gondry)

The Colour of Pomegranates (1968, Parajanov)

The Tree of Life (2011, Malick)

Memories of Underdevelopment (1968, Gutierrez Alea)

El Verdugo/The Executioner (1963, Garcia Berlanga)

Magnolia (1999, Anderson)

Tropical Malady (2004, Weerasethakul)

Floating Clouds (1955, Naruse)

The Thin Blue Line (1988, Morris)

Love Streams (1984, Cassavetes)

Distant Voices, Still Lives (1988, Davies)

The Empire Strikes Back (1980, Kershner)

Kings of the Road (1976, Wenders)

Terra em Transe (1967, Rocha)

The Thing (1982, Carpenter)

Underground (1995, Kusturica)

The Matrix (1999, Wachowski)

The Puppetmaster (1993, Hou)

All About My Mother (1999, Almodovar)

The Time to Live and the Time to Die (1985, Hou)

City of God (2002, Meirelles)

Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980, Fassbinder)

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937, Hand)

Dawn of the Dead (1978, Romero)

In the Realm of the Senses (1976, Oshima)

Eyes Wide Shut (1999, Kubrick)

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976, Cassavetes)

Listen to Britain (1942, Jennings)

El (1952, Bunuel)

The Tenant (1976, Polanski)

Through the Olive Trees (1994, Kiarostami)

The Crime of Monsieur Lange (1936, Renoir)

 October (1927, Eisenstein)

Dogville (2003, von Trier)

Quince Tree of the Sun (1992, Erice)

Lost Highway (1997, Lynch)

Happy Together (1997, Wong)

Werckmeister Harmonies (2000, Tarr)

Landscape in the Mist (1988, Angelopoulos)

 Yellow Earth (1984, Chen)

The Celebration (1998, Vinterberg)

In a Year with 13 Moons (1978, Fassbinder)

Tie Xi Qu:  West of the Tracks (2003, Wang)

Barren Lives (1963, dos Santos)

A nos amours (1983, Pialat)

1900 (1976, Bertolucci)

Last Tango in Paris (1972, Bertolucci)

If.. (1968, Anderson)

Wall-E (2008, Stanton)

Brokeback Mountain (2005, Lee)

Opening Night (1977, Cassavetes)

Land Without Bread (1932, Bunuel)

Army of Shadows (1969, Melville)

Platform (2000, Jia)

Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979, Jones)

The Cloud-Capped Star (1960, Ghatak)

Raise the Red Lantern (1991, Zhang)

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000 Lee)

Punch-Drunk Love (2002, Anderson)

The Turin Horse (2011, Tarr)

A Moment of Innocence (1996, Makhmalbaf)

The White Ribbon (2009, Haneke)

The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (2005, Puiu)

Dead Ringers (1988, Cronenberg)

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010, Weerasethakul)

Fight Club (1999, Fincher)

Talk to Her (2002, Almodovar)

The Sound of Music (1965, Wise)

The Hour of the Furnaces (1968, Getino, Solanges)

Chelsea Girls (1966, Warhol)

The Gleaners and I (2000, Varda)

 Lost in Translation (2003, Coppola)

Flowers of Shanghai (1998, Hou)

Fantasia (1940, Various Directors)

Pinocchio (1940, Sharpsteen & Luske)

Oldboy (2003, Park)

Toy Story (1995, Lasseter)

Dead Man (1995, Jarmusch)

Boogie Nights (1997, Anderson)

A Separation (2011, Farhadi)

The Wind Will Carry Us  (1999, Kiarostami)

Muriel (1963, Resnais)

The Damned (1969, Visconti)

Short Cuts (1993, Altman)

The Devil Probably (1977, Bresson)

Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors (1964, Parajanov)

The Road Warrior (1981, Miller)

Safe (1995, Haynes)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see TCM honor Robert Duvall and honor Al Pacino. Maybe each could join Ben for an evening of their films.

I also would love to see a tribute to Lee Remick.

For directors, I think it would be great to have Francis Ford Coppola as a guest and celebrate his career or let him program films that were influential to him or personal favorites.

Some films I would be happy to see on TCM:

Moontide (1942)

The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973)

Texasville (1990)

Hatter's Castle (1942)

Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)

Kiss the Blood Off My Hands (1948)

The Unforgiven (1960)

The Suspect (1944)

Too Late Blues (1961)

The Conformist (1970)

The Garden of the Finzi-Continis (1970)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Im Substantially Going New School with a hefty portion of this list but

(No Particular Order)

(*First. ..For the Shows)

Sense8

Dark

White Lines

Maniac

Good Behaviour

Jim West and Artemus Gordon

Mel Blanc Imbued Looney Tunes

...

*Now. ..For the Films..... ..

--

_

Just A Breath Away. (Hold Your Breath

Captain Fantastic.

Blade Runner (2049).

Snowpiercer.

Okja.

American Honey.

You Were Never Really Here.

The Master.

The Immigrant.

Enemy.

Arrival.

The Fifth Element.

Dreamland.

Aint Them Bodies Saints.

Lowerys Petes Dragon.

Tomorrowland.

Let the Sunshine In.

The Shape of Water.

Peanut Butter Falcon.

A Hologram For the King.

Cloud Atlas.

Under the Silver Lake.

Brimstone.

Blue Is the Warmest Color.

The Whistlers.

My Hindu Friend.

The Congress.

A Very Long Engagement.

How I Live Now.

The Survivalist.

(Both) Largo Winches.

Dead Man Down.

White God.

Young Goethe In Love.

Eye On Juliet.

A Ghost Story.

The Other Lamb.

Cosmopolis.

Nowhere In Africa.

Princess Cyd.

The Necesary Dth of Charlie Contrymn.

Zoom. (Alison Pil)

A Lonely Place To Die.

Automata.

Black Out. (Arne Toonen)

RocknRolla.

2 Guns.

The Gentle(Wo)men.

Sucker Punch. (HEAP Ohh People.. ...Hate this one..... .. ...this One.. ...Tends to think its rather Progressive,. Fourth-Wall Obliterating... . ..and Brilliant..

Two Lovers and A Bear.

The Honeymoon Machine.

Run For the Sun.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Our Man Flint.

Klute.

Captain Kronos; Vampire Hunter.

Lilies of the Field.

Keys of the Kingdom.

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm.

The Tribe.

The Good the Bad the Weird.

Sherlock Jr.

Speedy.

The General.

Arizona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

   ..SOME of These.....

.

I (Think i) KNOW..... ..ARE.. On TCM's Queue...

.. .Nonetheless...

.

Those that ARE (Intermittently) Shown on Classic films and mentioned above ..

 

 

To Show Those Aforementioned.. +More Often .. ...Would Be 👍👍👍👍👍

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I Can NEAR.. .GUARANTEE.. ...Ill be Back.. .Adding to this Thread..

 

"The Honeymoon Machine" has been on TCM, and it's very good.

Lori

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lori Ann said:

"The Honeymoon Machine" has been on TCM, and it's very good.

Lori

👍👍👍Yup.👍

 

     That IS one of those i wished they played more ..

lol

. ... ..

While unorthodox in choice . ..And Preference...

 

 

..its Actually Probably my Favourite S. McQueen film of his .. .

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

👍👍👍Yup.👍

 

     That IS one of those i wished they played more ..

lol

. ... ..

While unorthodox in choice . ..And Preference...

 

 

..its Actually Probably my Favourite S. McQueen film of his .. .

Mine is "The Great Escape".  "Bullitt" might be second.  I love "The Towering Inferno" also.  Too bad I feel like no one airs that.  I have the DVD though.  Maybe TCM can show that.  What a treat it'd be!!

Lori

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lori Ann said:

Mine is "The Great Escape".  "Bullitt" might be second.  I love "The Towering Inferno" also.  Too bad I feel like no one airs that.  I have the DVD though.  Maybe TCM can show that.  What a treat it'd be!!

Lori

Bullitt is Probably my 2ndt..

 

 

..and i dunno...

.

Call me a softie but id Like it aWHOLE Lot +Better If 98% of the Heroes in the Great Escape didnt meet the end of their road ..

😬😐🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites

as a canadian, it was refreshing to see a few titles like Le Samourai, High Sierra, To Be or Not To Be, Holiday, etc. released from "legal rights "hell in 2020

I hope to see The Asphalt Jungle, Pierrot le Fou and Kitty Foyle given similar treatment in 2021. time will tell

I would also like to see Small Change (1976), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), The Parallax View (1974), Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989), 3 Women (1977)

A Woman Under the Influence (1974), A Touch of Class (1973), The King and I (1956) Johnny Guitar (1954), Little Big Man (1970) and many others I won't bother listing

Link to post
Share on other sites

TCM already has on its schedule several silent films (LA MUETTE DE PORTICI, ROSITA) that aren't their usual warhorses; I hope to see this continue in 2021.

In the wishful thinking department, I'd love to see TCM license more pre-1935 films from Fox, Universal, and Columbia. Although I'm not holding my breath, given that every studio with a back catalog is wading into proprietary streaming services.

And my dream of dreams: In 2020 TCM-US untangled whatever rights issues were preventing them from showing THE SILVER CORD. Any chance of TCM following this in the new year by releasing LETTY LYNTON from its rights purgatory?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Bullitt is Probably my 2ndt..

 

 

..and i dunno...

.

Call me a softie but id Like it aWHOLE Lot +Better If 98% of the Heroes in the Great Escape didnt meet the end of their road ..

😬😐🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Yes, especially the 50 that are butchered.  It's very sad.  I really dislike that scene!

Lori

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see TCM schedule "South Pacific" at least once per calendar year.  Presently TCM Programmers schedule "South Pacific" once every fifteen to twenty years.  It was last scheduled on TCM in February 2019, before that early 2000s.  

I would also like to see "Oklahoma" from 1955, "Moulin Rouge!" from 2001,  "Mamma Mia" from 2008,  "Chicago" from 2002,  "Dreamgirls" from 2006,  "Across the Universe" from 2007, and "La La Land" from 2016 scheduled on TCM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, Polly of the Precodes said:

TCM already has on its schedule several silent films (LA MUETTE DE PORTICI, ROSITA) that aren't their usual warhorses; I hope to see this continue in 2021.

In the wishful thinking department, I'd love to see TCM license more pre-1935 films from Fox, Universal, and Columbia. Although I'm not holding my breath, given that every studio with a back catalog is wading into proprietary streaming services.

And my dream of dreams: In 2020 TCM-US untangled whatever rights issues were preventing them from showing THE SILVER CORD. Any chance of TCM following this in the new year by releasing LETTY LYNTON from its rights purgatory?

How about also showing some more Paramount films from the 1930's especially those of Clara Bow and Nancy Carroll. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, midnight08 said:

How about also showing some more Paramount films from the 1930's especially those of Clara Bow and Nancy Carroll. 

Those Paramount films are for the most part controlled by Universal; but from your keyboard to the TCM programmers' ears!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Gene Kelly as a SOTM or a 24 hour feature for Summer Under the Stars.  But show some of his movies that aren't shown as much as others.

Lori

Link to post
Share on other sites

Darker Than Amber with Rod Taylor and William Smith. A few of Eddie Constantine's Lemmy Caution films.  A wide-screen of Hammer's The Lost Continent. Quality prints of I, The Jury and My Gun Is Quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lori Ann said:

I'd like to see Gene Kelly as a SOTM or a 24 hour feature for Summer Under the Stars.  But show some of his movies that aren't shown as much as others.

Lori

Such as?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lori Ann said:

I'd like to see Gene Kelly as a SOTM or a 24 hour feature for Summer Under the Stars.  But show some of his movies that aren't shown as much as others.

Some years ago, the theme one night was Gene Kelly: Non-Singing, Non-Dancing. As I recall, the showed Black Hand, Inherit the Wind, 40 Carats and maybe one other film.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...