Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Would You Like To See On TCM In 2021?

1 hour ago, filmnoirguy said:

Such as?

Just a few I'm still waiting to see...

For Me & My Gal

Anchors Aweigh

The Pirate

Words & Music

Take Me Out To the Ball Game

Brigadoon

Invitation To the Dance

I know some of these movies have been on TCM.  But I feel like it's been ages since they've been on.

Lori

More first-time showings of films from the 30s - 60s,   especially from studios outside the Turner-Library of films (Warners,  MGM,  RKO),   like Republic,  30s Paramount,  United Artist,  20th Century Fox,   Universal,   and other independent studios. 

A series on French and Italian films from the post WWII era to the late 60s,   where TCM has a knowledgeable guest host to discuss the films shown.

Deserving Fox stars as Star of the Month:  Joan Bennett,  Linda Darnell,   Brando,,,   as long as TCM leases some first-time films instead of the handful they already show from Fox.

• Like 2

Would love  to see "Angels With Dirty Faces", absolute classic you never air.  It would also be nice to see the "Henry Aldrich" movies and the "Blondie" movies, all twenty eight of them.  There are also a lot of silents available  that never get televised, hope to see more of those.  

3 hours ago, RickeyH1956 said:

Would love  to see "Angels With Dirty Faces", absolute classic you never air. 

I'm waiting to see this movie also.  I know all the Bowery Boys movies with Leo Gorcey.  I know just a small handful for the Dead End Kids, and only one for the East Side Kids.  I saw "Angels Wash Their Faces" for the first time last year.  At the very beginning, Frankie Thomas says something to someone.  The guy replied with his only one line in the movie.  I swear it was James Cagney!  But I couldn't find any info on that.

Lori

On 1/1/2021 at 1:34 AM, hutz said:

as a canadian, it was refreshing to see a few titles like Le Samourai, High Sierra, To Be or Not To Be, Holiday, etc. released from "legal rights "hell in 2020

I hope to see The Asphalt Jungle, Pierrot le Fou and Kitty Foyle given similar treatment in 2021. time will tell

I would also like to see Small Change (1976), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), The Parallax View (1974), Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989), 3 Women (1977)

A Woman Under the Influence (1974), A Touch of Class (1973), The King and I (1956) Johnny Guitar (1954), Little Big Man (1970) and many others I won't bother listing

As Canadians, we are limited as to what they can air as we missed out on the Laurel and Hardy (most of the shorts and movies with a few exceptions) and now we are missing the Almodovar films for TCM Imports. There were other examples too the past few months.

The past couple of months TCM has been airing a lot of the Hitchcock films so I'm not craving for that. I wish whether it be on TCM Underground or on their regular schedule, they can focus on HK Horror, Martial Arts or Action movies from the 70's or 80's.

1 minute ago, Lori Ann said:

I'm waiting to see this movie also.  I know all the Bowery Boys movies with Leo Gorcey.  I know just a small handful for the Dead End Kids, and only one for the East Side Kids.  I saw "Angels Wash Their Faces" for the first time last year.  At the very beginning, Frankie Thomas says something to someone.  The guy replied with his only one line in the movie.  I swear it was James Cagney!  But I couldn't find any info on that.

Lori

You should have been in Canada Lori, as TCM Canada instead of airing the Laurel and Hardy shorts and films, they aired the Bowery Boys films instead. Sorry I'm not a fan.

4 hours ago, RickeyH1956 said:

Would love  to see "Angels With Dirty Faces", absolute classic you never air.  It would also be nice to see the "Henry Aldrich" movies and the "Blondie" movies, all twenty eight of them.  There are also a lot of silents available  that never get televised, hope to see more of those.  

There are rights issues that prevent the showing of Angels With Dirty Faces.

6 hours ago, LorenzoL said:

You should have been in Canada Lori, as TCM Canada instead of airing the Laurel and Hardy shorts and films, they aired the Bowery Boys films instead. Sorry I'm not a fan.

I watched the Bowery Boys movies as reruns with my dad.  They're a good gang as the Bowery Boys.  The Dead End Kids are more like juvenile delinquents.  My dad is not a fan.  I like them ok, but not like Bowery Boys.  I have a white tiger plush toy that I named Whitey in honor of Billy Benedict's character.

Which movie did you see?  Maybe try another one.

Lori

10 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

I just thinking.  I would also love to see

George C Scott.

John Wayne and

Jack Lemon 

as SOTM too.

There goes the DVR if/when John Wayne gets to be SOTM.

Lori

16 hours ago, Lori Ann said:

I watched the Bowery Boys movies as reruns with my dad.  They're a good gang as the Bowery Boys.  The Dead End Kids are more like juvenile delinquents.  My dad is not a fan.  I like them ok, but not like Bowery Boys.  I have a white tiger plush toy that I named Whitey in honor of Billy Benedict's character.

Which movie did you see?  Maybe try another one.

Lori

The name escapes me but something to do with a Genie or Ghost that was helping one of the Bowery Boys against a gang.

Abbott and Costello as Stars of the month would be cool.  Include some of the Universal films that have not yet been shown on TCM

Would love to see TCM resurrect the following Universal films that have been out of the limelight for many years.

Curtain Call At Cactus Creek (1950)

Fireman Save My Child (1954)

Forty Pounds Of Trouble (1962)

Once Upon A Horse (1958)

Perils Of Pauline (1967)

Stranger On The Run (1967)

Up Front (1951)

Willie & Joe At The Front (1952)

Wild & Wonderful (1964)

On 1/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, Polly of the Precodes said:

In the wishful thinking department, I'd love to see TCM license more pre-1935 films from Fox, Universal, and Columbia. Although I'm not holding my breath, given that every studio with a back catalog is wading into proprietary streaming services.

Speaking of Universal and the early Paramount films it controls: After the...events...of yesterday at the U.S. Capitol, I wish Universal would license The President Vanishes (1934) to TCM. It's not a great movie, but it has some interesting parallels to contemporary politics. Would make a great double feature with Gabriel Over the White House.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LorenzoL said:

The name escapes me but something to do with a Genie or Ghost that was helping one of the Bowery Boys against a gang.

Might have been this one...

Bowery to Bagdad Poster

"Lucky Losers" is a good one.  There's a good wrestling one also, but I can't think of the name.

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to see Detective Story and

The Matt Helm franchise again.

I know they’ve shown Detective Story at the TCM Classic Film Festival and maybe on the TCM Classic Cruise too.  That movie sounds great to me and it was so cool when they showed the Matt Helm franchise when Dino was SOTM the September before last.  Dino as a secret agent.  Whoa and they were all so funny too.  I’d love to see those again and as I’m typing this.  I also just had this thought.  I’m also hoping for a DVD and Blu-Ray box set release at the TCM Shop sometime.  I’d get it.