Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good morning all. I've been reading the postings here for quite some time. What a friendly informative group this is. I used to read and post at IMDB until things got to gruesome over there.

I've been watching the classics since I was a kid, sitting with my family (esp my father) watching The Late Show and The Million Dollar movie on tv. He would always name the actor as soon they appeared. One of my early memories is recognizing Bette Davis when we saw Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in the theater.

Anyway, glad to be here.

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, sylviagm said:

Good morning all. I've been reading the postings here for quite some time. What a friendly informative group this is. I used to read and post at IMDB until things got to gruesome over there.

I've been watching the classics since I was a kid, sitting with my family (esp my father) watching The Late Show and The Million Dollar movie on tv. He would always name the actor as soon they appeared. One of my early memories is recognizing Bette Davis when we saw Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in the theater.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Kinda Sorta in the EXACT Same Boat ⛴🛥🚤

(Though) i .. ...Immerse in film, new and old...

.. of Approximately Equal Proportions ..

... . ..

*not wearing that as a band on my arm neccesarily either in saying that..

..just eclectic,. Wide Ranging Tastes.. .This One...

2 hours ago, sylviagm said:

Good morning all. I've been reading the postings here for quite some time. What a friendly informative group this is.

:D  You must not have ever gone to the "OFF TOPIC CHIT-CHAT" page!  ;) 

But glad to have ya here.  The more the merrier!  :)

Sepiatone

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, sylviagm said:

Anyway, glad to be here.

I just joined a couple weeks ago. Now I'm not the newest Newbie and you have to get everybody's coffee.  I like mine with "Lotsa cream, lotsa sugar". 😁

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, sylviagm said:

Anyway, glad to be here.

Welcome to the board...and we're GLAD to have you!

760504a53b078b68a723369c5bb155d0.gif

People reading posts here appreciate your use of full sentences for better comprehension & engagement.

Nothing is more frustrating than a newbie posting fragmented sentences with symbols assuming readers can understand their intention. It's what separates a newbie from a noobie.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, guys and gals but this is the first time I've had a chance to do anything fun online in days.  What a welcome! Thank you so much. I was right. This group is phenomenal!

Don't forget to take the TCMLand tour, free for Newbies.  Included are stops by the Robert Osbourne Memorial Coliseum, where movies are daily sacrificed to ravaging critics, the Martin Scorsese Triumphal Arch (note how film reels--now obsolete--are ingeniously integrated into the structure of the architrave), and the TCM Wine Club vineyards, where Backlot volunteers lovingly tend the future movie-related vintages.

• Like 1