Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

Trump is the RINO- Republican in Name Only in that he never has supported the Republican Party, but rather used it for his own ends.  They thought they could use him, but he turned the tables on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Trump is the RINO- Republican in Name Only in that he never has supported the Republican Party, but rather used it for his own ends.  They thought they could use him, but he turned the tables on them.

Good because the entire GOP establishment had descended into Rino-ism.

we showed um!

:)

5ff86a2524000038688ae01f.jpeg?cache=QML5IvN5pe&ops=1280_480

In another POV, today the Detroit Free Press carried an article written by the African-American Wayne county executive WARREN EVANS  (and former county sheriff) that the riotous protesters yesterday enjoyed the protection of "white privilege"  and cited the difference in police presence in manpower during BLM protests in Washington, and the woefully lacking of adequate manpower preparedness  in Wednesday's Melee. The police manpower numbers were FAR higher when confronting the WAY fewer BLM participants in comparison to the tepid  show of "strength"  displayed the other day.  And the death of one of those officers from injuries sustained in the fracas makes the person or persons responsible for the lack of proper preparedness  outright murderers.   I do hope you "Trumpettes" are proud of yourselves.   Those mindless minions did more damage to this country than any "liberal" that frightens you so much could ever have.

Sepiatone

10 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, I guess the six GOP state legislators who were also in the Capitol mob were really secret members

of Antifa. 

Hey, off topic, but did you know there's a new series on Dateline called Fear Thy Roommate?  LOL  It started last night! Same scenarios as the Neighbor series.

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

And to think he might have made it if it hadn't been  for those $2,000 payments.

But all bad things must eventually come to an end.

Man, those triple chins!!!! :D

57 minutes ago, ElCid said:

He knew Hawley or should have.  So saying he is sorry now is useless pandering to try and save his reputation.

Trumpism as we have know it for the past four years is waning, but it is not gone.  It will be replaced with something almost as bad, but not called Trumpism.  Trump and his adherents have infected the Republican Party and there is no vaccine for it.

Betsy DeVos got what she wanted.  Trump pardoned the four murderers who worked for her brothers private company in Iraq.  She can leave now, but her policies over the past four years are some of the worst aspects of Trumpism.

Very interesting. I didn't know this. She probably lobbied for them.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Not at all.  Trump is still supporting them.  

He called on those that entered the Capital building to be arrested and prosecuted.  They were his supporters.  That is throwing them under the bus if you take him seriously.  And he told them to go to the Capital and show strength and fight.

Of course, this was just another one of those 'hostage videos' that Trump does when he has gone way too far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From today's Guardian:

"Donald Trump’s belated “concession” to a peaceful and orderly transition of power after the storming of the US Capitol has provoked anger and conspiracy theories among some of his most ardent followers. On social media channels and chatrooms like Parler and 4chan, where far-right Trumpists have gravitated as other social media sites have increasingly shut out the president, there were complaints of betrayal. Trump claimed on Thursday that he was “outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem” of the Capitol siege that he had incited, and said those who “broke the law will pay” – comments that perhaps reflected concern over mounting legal and political hazard rather than a newfound sense of contrition and integrity. Nevertheless they prompted an outpouring of anger, grief and denial from his hardline acolytes. “A punch in the gut,” said one. “A stab in the back,” another railed. From a third: “I feel like puking.” A widely shared screengrab summed up the sentiment: “He says it’s going to be wild and when it gets wild he calls it a heinous attack and middle-fingers to his supporters he told to be there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/trump-incites-anger-among-acolytes-let-down-by-lack-of-support

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Swithin said:

From today's Guardian:

"Donald Trump’s belated “concession” to a peaceful and orderly transition of power after the storming of the US Capitol has provoked anger and conspiracy theories among some of his most ardent followers. On social media channels and chatrooms like Parler and 4chan, where far-right Trumpists have gravitated as other social media sites have increasingly shut out the president, there were complaints of betrayal. Trump claimed on Thursday that he was “outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem” of the Capitol siege that he had incited, and said those who “broke the law will pay” – comments that perhaps reflected concern over mounting legal and political hazard rather than a newfound sense of contrition and integrity. Nevertheless they prompted an outpouring of anger, grief and denial from his hardline acolytes. “A punch in the gut,” said one. “A stab in the back,” another railed. From a third: “I feel like puking.” A widely shared screengrab summed up the sentiment: “He says it’s going to be wild and when it gets wild he calls it a heinous attack and middle-fingers to his supporters he told to be there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/trump-incites-anger-among-acolytes-let-down-by-lack-of-support

Screen_Shot_2019_07_30_at_5.42.12_PM.0.p

Or ..... maybe the 'hostage video' was made with a Trump robot that they keep for just such occasions when the President is called upon to make a speech that goes against his nature.

• Haha 1

Maryland governor describes how it took 90 minutes to get federal authority to allow the Maryland National Guard into DC to help repel the assault on the Capitol. Ditto with the Virginia guard.

• Thanks 2

Not sure why a woman who has access to a private plane to get her from Denton TX to Washington DC would have such a gripe with the government, the election or her life.  Most Americans would say she's pretty fortunate and would have little reason to be so upset, but here she is.

This shows there was no intent to simply protest on her part.  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/01/08/frisco-real-estate-broker-jenna-ryan-participated-in-us-capitol-mob-after-flying-to-washington-in-private-jet/

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Good because the entire GOP establishment had descended into Rino-ism.

we showed um!

:)

5ff86a2524000038688ae01f.jpeg?cache=QML5IvN5pe&ops=1280_480

Trump showed them....how to go over the cliff with his deranged “leadership”.  REAL lemmings don’t behave that way; Trump’s deplorable brain dead MAGA crowd do!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

Maryland governor describes how it took 90 minutes to get federal authority to allow the Maryland National Guard into DC to help repel the assault on the Capitol. Ditto with the Virginia guard.

If one plays with fire, one will get burned.

32 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Not sure why a woman who has access to a private plane to get her from Denton TX to Washington DC would have such a gripe with the government, the election or her life.  Most Americans would say she's pretty fortunate and would have little reason to be so upset, but here she is.

This shows there was no intent to simply protest on her part.  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/01/08/frisco-real-estate-broker-jenna-ryan-participated-in-us-capitol-mob-after-flying-to-washington-in-private-jet/

Well she has enough money for a good attorney.    Still I hope she gets at least 30 days in the hole. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, hamradio said:

I were referring to other protest i.e. BLM where they interfered to put it mildly.  Biden said LEFT and RIGHT regarding extremist,

I only said Anitfa for an example regarding anarchist groups in other past protest.

Well the latest talking point among wingnuts is that Antifa infiltrated the protest because Trump supporters

are sweet things who would never smash windows or destroy property. Maybe when this idea doesn't pan

out they will say that they were actually BLM protesters in whiteface. Antifa is a loosely organized anti-fascist

group who sometimes engage in a bit of minor mayhem bless their hearts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Hibi said:

Hey, off topic, but did you know there's a new series on Dateline called Fear Thy Roommate?  LOL  It started last night! Same scenarios as the Neighbor series.

I did happen to catch it. It's even more scarier because roommates are a lot closer than neighbors. I looked up the

real crime on the net. The woman was 66 years old and the killer 50 years old at the time of the murder. I felt sorry

for her having to work part-time at a drug store and trying to pay her mortgage. And it's unusual for a 50 year old

to have just graduated from law school, though I suppose it happens. The newspaper articles didn't mention anything

about him studying for the bar. And I don't think the one rat tail fo hair down the middle of the forehead is going to

catch on. There was also a repeat of FYN right after that I don't remember seeing before, so I watched that too. At the

end some big bubba got it with a shotgun. 

Mitch has the triple chin so when he goes to schools he can demonstrate the 3 branches of gov't. 

22 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Mitch has the triple chin so when he goes to schools he can demonstrate the 3 branches of gov't. 

Schools?  He needs to hold civics classes for the Senate so that poor ol' football coach Tuberville can come up to speed...

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, ElCid said:

Well he did give them what they wanted: judges, deregulation, etc. It just came with a lot of conditions baggage! The Republican Party has always been an uneasy alliance between the Super Rich and the Deplorables. It's just that the Deplorables got the upper hand!

Btw, I see your Senator Graham was jeered at the  at the airport! 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/trump-supporters-call-lindsey-graham-traitor-456592

• Thanks 2
  • ElCid changed the title to Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States