Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

9 hours ago, ElCid said:

WHO Are you guys talking about?

We were talking about the TV show Fear Thy Roommate a new ID series, sort of a spin-off of the

ID show Fear Thy Neighbor, but this time THEY'RE IN THE HOUSE!

If this was a coup it was the most amateurish, shambolic coup in a long time. I really can't call it a

coup, it was so not there. 

• Haha 1

Capitol cop, 51, 'kills himself' three days after fellow officer was killed by rioters who bashed his skull with fire extinguisher during Congress siege

Capitol cop, 51, 'dies by suicide' three days after MAGA riots left another officer dead

A US Capitol Police officer has reportedly died by suicide three days after the force was thrown into chaos when Donald Trump's supporters stormed Congress. Officer Howard Liebengood, 51, (left and center) died while off-duty on Saturday, the USCP announced in a statement. Unconfirmed social media reports claimed that Liebengood took his own life. The USCP did not disclose a cause of death. Liebengood is the second Capitol Police officer to die in the days after Trump supporters stormed the building in a bid to block the certification of Joe Biden's election victory. The other officer, Brian Sicknick (inset), died on Thursday after reportedly having been hit over the head by a fire extinguisher during the riots. Liebengood had been with the UCSP since April 2005 and was assigned to the Senate Division. 'Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and colleagues,' the agency said in its statement. 'We ask that his family, and other USCP officers' and their families' privacy be respected during this profoundly difficult time.' Liebengood was the son of former top Senate aide Howard S Liebengood, who served as a Sergeant of Arms at the Capitol from 1981 to 1983 and died of a heart attack aged 62 in 2005.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Capitol cop, 51, 'kills himself' three days after fellow officer was killed by rioters who bashed his skull with fire extinguisher during Congress siege

That makes me feel deeply sad all over again.  Justice must be served.

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Dig it!  Exactly.  I admire all kinds of people these days, like MITT ROMNEY, that I had previously thought little of. 

Mitt Romney was raised well by his parents. I was just waiting to see it come through or come back to him.

Upbringing is very important in an adult life.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Mitt Romney was raised well by his parents. I was just waiting to see it come through or come back to him.

Upbringing is very important in an adult life.

That is leading cause of White Trash Syndrome - poor upbringing by parents; rich, poor or middle-class.

As for Romney, always liked him although disagree with some of his political positions.  When he ran for president I voted for him in the Republican primary as the best the GOP was offering.  He most likely would have made a decent president.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Huh?

The post (many pages back) where you asked me what I was talking about (on Friday, I think) where I mentioned houses in Palm Springs. You had multi-quoted several posters in the same post or I would have quoted you.

12 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Capitol cop, 51, 'dies by suicide' three days after MAGA riots left another officer dead

A US Capitol Police officer has reportedly died by suicide three days after the force was thrown into chaos when Donald Trump's supporters stormed Congress. Officer Howard Liebengood, 51, (left and center) died while off-duty on Saturday, the USCP announced in a statement. Unconfirmed social media reports claimed that Liebengood took his own life. The USCP did not disclose a cause of death. Liebengood is the second Capitol Police officer to die in the days after Trump supporters stormed the building in a bid to block the certification of Joe Biden's election victory. The other officer, Brian Sicknick (inset), died on Thursday after reportedly having been hit over the head by a fire extinguisher during the riots. Liebengood had been with the UCSP since April 2005 and was assigned to the Senate Division. 'Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and colleagues,' the agency said in its statement. 'We ask that his family, and other USCP officers' and their families' privacy be respected during this profoundly difficult time.' Liebengood was the son of former top Senate aide Howard S Liebengood, who served as a Sergeant of Arms at the Capitol from 1981 to 1983 and died of a heart attack aged 62 in 2005.

This is awful. Did the WH ever fly the flag at half mast for Brian?

2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

The post (many pages back) where you asked me what I was talking about (on Friday, I think) where I mentioned houses in Palm Springs. You had multi-quoted several posters in the same post or I would have quoted you.

OK, thanks.  I think y'all were discussing some woman and I couldn't find out who.  Who were you discussing?

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

OK, thanks.  I think y'all were discussing some woman and I couldn't find out who.  Who were you discussing?

LOL. Sorry, We went off topic on  an episode on Dateline ID who was killed by a person who she let move in her house. No one anyone would know.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Trump finally issued a proclamation yesterday to fly flags at half mast.

Took him long enough!!!! :(

• Sad 1
On 1/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, Swithin said:

Well he did give them what they wanted: judges, deregulation, etc. It just came with a lot of conditions baggage! The Republican Party has always been an uneasy alliance between the Super Rich and the Deplorables. It's just that the Deplorables got the upper hand!

Btw, I see your Senator Graham was jeered at the  at the airport! 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/trump-supporters-call-lindsey-graham-traitor-456592

LOVED seeing that! :D

• Like 2

After the PGA pulled its event from a Trump course in New Jersey, the British Open will not be hosted at a Trump course in the UK for the foreseeable future, either:

The Brits almost always have an understated manner in making their point.

Turnberry last hosted an Open in 2009, five years before Trump purchased it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

My wife and all her sisters'(of course) maiden name is CRUZ, and one of them told me she's getting tired of telling those who know that,  "I'm NOT RELATED!  I'm NOT RELATED!!  :D  Which she and the others aren't.   But you know how some people think(or not).  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

Cumulus media tells their personalities to cool it with the "stolen election" talk...

The WaPo story is behind a paywall.  Here's another take from The National Review:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/talk-radio-owner-threatens-to-fire-hosts-who-dispute-election-results/

Quoted from the memo in the NR story:

We need to help induce national calm NOW,” Cumulus’s executive vice president of content Brian Philips wrote in the memo. The company “will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’”

Philips added, “If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ElCid changed the title to Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States
GeYsDRak_bigger.jpeg

A review of social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other records for 120+ people arrested or ID'd at the riot leaves no ambiguity about who was really there: GOP officials, far-right militants, white supremacists, and Q followers.
  • Thanks 3