Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

Some of those who attended the January 6 insurrection said they were there only to protest and did not know it would turn violent and deadly, It will be interesting to see what happens on January 20. If there were indeed a fair number of January 6 demonstrators who were there purely to demonstrate, they (and others similarly minded) may not want to risk attending another such event, knowing that it could surely be dangerous.

After the Charlottesville demonstration, the far right called another demonstration, which was sparsely attended, due to lack of attendance on the part of the less fanatical. In any case, I may be too optimistic in hoping that will be the case.

Here's a clearer video of what happened to Babbitt.  It's so ironic that had the three U.S. Capitol Police officers not moved away from the door, she would be alive today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

"Around this time, the departing officers were met by colleagues wearing helmets and armed with rifles, who had arrived from a stairwell behind Babbitt and the rioters, according to other video posted to social media. These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.

With help from someone who hoisted her up, Babbitt began to step through a portion of the door where the glass had been broken out. An officer on the other side, who was wearing a suit and a surgical mask, immediately shot Babbitt in the neck. She fell to the floor."

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Here's a clearer video of what happened to Babbitt.  It's so ironic that had the three U.S. Capitol Police officers not moved away from the door, she would be alive today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

"Around this time, the departing officers were met by colleagues wearing helmets and armed with rifles, who had arrived from a stairwell behind Babbitt and the rioters, according to other video posted to social media. These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.

With help from someone who hoisted her up, Babbitt began to step through a portion of the door where the glass had been broken out. An officer on the other side, who was wearing a suit and a surgical mask, immediately shot Babbitt in the neck. She fell to the floor."

Wasn't she trying to enter as part of the insurgency?     That is my understanding.   She was a Trumper and clearly stated:

Ashli Babbitt had been preparing for this day, the day when world events would turn her way. When a discouraged friend on Twitter asked last week, “When do we start winning?” Ms. Babbitt had an answer: “Jan 6, 2021.”

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Wasn't she trying to enter as part of the insurgency?     That is my understanding.   She was a Trumper and clearly stated:

Ashli Babbitt had been preparing for this day, the day when world events would turn her way. When a discouraged friend on Twitter asked last week, “When do we start winning?” Ms. Babbitt had an answer: “Jan 6, 2021.”

I thought they had been winning since 2016?  Weren't they going to get so tired of winning?

• Haha 1

It's obvious that from the video  Babbitt was a Trumper and fanatic.  It was unfortunate that she didn't realize that the officers were there to protect everyone (including her) from getting hurt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, noah80 said:

It's obvious that from the video  Babbitt was a Trumper and fanatic.  It was unfortunate that she didn't realize that the officers were there to protect everyone (including her) from getting hurt.

I still don't see anything unfortunate;   those that play with fire get burned.    Babbitt was an adult.   She was fully aware her traitorous actions could cause her harm.

5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

8 more days but right now he is still the man.

You mean "man-CHILD" here, don't ya Nip?

But then again, you have never been known to be very exact with your vocabulary around here, have you.

(...and something of which you did always have in common with said man-child)

• Haha 1

Trump supporter, 53, who was arrested at Capitol riot is found dead at his home after his wife called 911 to say 'there's blood everywhere' and cops remove two rifles at his home

Trump fan found dead days after he was arrested at US Capitol riots

Christopher Stanton Georgia (not pictured), 53, was found dead at his home in Alpharetta, Georgia, on Saturday. His cause of death is unconfirmed with the matter 'under investigation' police said. Officers also removed two rifles from Georgia's home, the department said. According to documents from the Superior Court of DC, Georgia had been charged with attempting to 'enter certain property, that is, the United States Capitol Grounds, against the will of the United States Capitol Police.' 

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, noah80 said:

The Federal officers were there to protect the members of Congress.

And that's exactly what they did.

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I still don't see anything unfortunate;   those that play with fire get burned.    Babbitt was an adult.   She was fully aware her traitorous actions could cause her harm.

I've been reading about what her family and friends are saying about her now. Stuff like they knew she was fervent in her beliefs but they're shocked because she went that far excetera.

What's unfortunate is that her family and friends didn't talk with her at more length about her fanatical beliefs and Lunatic Fringe Behavior.

I'm reading more and more about these trump supporters whose family and friends are amazed that they made such Grievous errors in judgment.

Many will have many years to think about their ludicrous following of trump into this Insurrectional Abyss.

The only thing any impeachment will achieve is to prevent Trump from running again.

Pence will not invoke the 25th admendment!

The Senate will next convene for Legislative Business at Noon Tuesday, January 19 after standing in adjournment at 12:41 a.m. Wednesday, January 6.

Explainer: Can lawmakers use impeachment to bar Trump from holding office again?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-explainer/explainer-trump-is-heading-for-second-impeachment-heres-what-to-expect-idUSKBN29H1A8

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

The only thing any impeachment will achieve is to prevent Trump from running again.

Pence will not invoke the 25th admendment!

The Senate will next convene for Legislative Business at Noon Tuesday, January 19 after standing in adjournment at 12:41 a.m. Wednesday, January 6.

Explainer: Can lawmakers use impeachment to bar Trump from holding office again?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-explainer/explainer-trump-is-heading-for-second-impeachment-heres-what-to-expect-idUSKBN29H1A8

They'll be more to it than that.

But anything we can do to show Americans and to show the world that we will not tolerate Insurrection in our national government is necessary and

it's crucial to our continuation as a Democratic Republic.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, noah80 said:

When the U.S. Capitol Police officers stepped away from the door,  they most likely weren't expecting any sane person would try to climb through the broken window (obviously trump supporter Ashli Babbitt was not thinking clearly).  I don't know if the officers knew there was a gun on the other side of the door.

Just now, noah80 said:

When the U.S. Capitol Police officers stepped away from the door,  they most likely weren't expecting any sane person would try to climb through the broken window (obviously trump supporter Ashli Babbitt was not thinking clearly).  I don't know if the officers knew there was a gun on the other side of the door.)

And you're right.

Some trump supporters who were part of a violent mob storming our nation's capital were not thinking clearly or in their right mind.

Somebody with that State of Mind was certainly dangerous and the Federal Officer on the other side knew exactly what he had to do and he did it to protect our Federal Representatives.

I watched the video of this trump mob beating a federal police officer to death.

They've already had his funeral.

We're very fortunate that more people were not killed by this out-of-control mob.

Another female trump supporter, who never entered the Capitol building, was trampled to death by the mob.

The United States is not going to tolerate mob rule.

And the Federal Capitol Officers who did their job on January 6th are to be commended that none of our lawmakers were hurt, kidnapped, or assassinated.

Seeing a noose hanging outside from our nation's capital is enough to make any American sick and to realize the people in this mob were dangerous and out of control.

• Like 2

One man is responsible for this mayhem and it isn't Joe Biden.

zDtzDd9f_bigger.jpg

Just walked into the Capitol to find literally hundreds of troops napping and lining up in the Congressional Visitor Center— as streets around here are largely blocked. Many are cuddling their firearms, fatigues over their heads to block light, and riot gear in neat piles.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

While I understand your thinking, it is unfortunate when anyone dies when they should not have.  But, as you say, she and the others should have known what could happen.  Personally, I believe more people should have been shot.

11 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

I hope the FBI, et. al. are investigating them for criminal activities.  I hope the House brings impeachment charges against them after Jan. 20 or expelled.  NO censure or other wishy-washy action.  Get them out of government!  Assume all three are in the House?

11 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

She should have been denied entrance until she was cleared of having any weapons.  This rule needs to be enforced.  I cannot enter ANY Federal or state of local government office in super conservative/Deep Red South Carolina without going through a metal detector or satisfying a guard that I do not have a weapon on me.  This includes the pen knife I generally carry with a 1.5" blade.

10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I've been reading about what [Babbitt's] family and friends are saying about her now. Stuff like they knew she was fervent in her beliefs but they're shocked because she went that far etcetera.

What's unfortunate is that her family and friends didn't talk with her at more length about her fanatical beliefs and Lunatic Fringe Behavior.

I'm reading more and more about these trump supporters whose family and friends are amazed that they made such Grievous errors in judgment.

Many will have many years to think about their ludicrous following of trump into this Insurrectional Abyss.

They KNEW and don't think they didn't.  They may not have thought she would actually try to break into the House Chambers, but they knew what she was like.  They knew she was going to Washington to riot and push it as far as she could.  They either sympathized with her or accepted her and her beliefs.  It is just like the family members who say Joe was such a good boy and never did anything bad when he gets killed or charged with a major felony.  They KNEW!

I seriously doubt anyone could have talked her down from her "fanaticism."  Trump has Released the Beast and these people now feel empowered to do whatever they can.  And it won't stop soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1