Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

2 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Image may contain: text that says 'All these people getting arrested and losing their jobs for storming the Capitol building are realizing why their grandparents wore hoods.'

Gotta say here CJ, this is not only a very clever remark, but it's also reminded me of a thought which I've had for quite some time now.

You know how you're always hearing from people on the Left who'll say something along the lines of "Conservativism dies out as history progresses"? Or, something such as "As conservatives die out, they will be replaced within the electorate by those with less conservative ideals?

And then from the Right, you'll hear THEM squawking all the time about how "America's institutions of highter learning are always attempting to indoctinate our youth into becoming liberals".

Well, HERE'S the thing.

With the point of your post up there using a reference to the K K K, in reality, we'll ALWAYS have many people and I mean MANY people, generation after generation, who'll bring up THEIR progeny to believe in such things as White Supremacy. And thus, ensuring their replacement within the gene pool...and the electorate.

(...and so my point here is that every time I hear some liberal tell me about their little prediction up there, THIS political centrist here thinks to myself how utterly pollyanna a thought it truly is, as it seem we CENTRISTS are TRULY the people who are "dying out" and not being "replaced" within the aformentioned "gene pool" and "the electorate"!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, hamradio said:

Like I said before, today's generation is dumb down. 

Uh,   the vast majority of the traitors where just like you;  your age group,  your skin color,   your gender. 

Edited (since it appears someone here might be confused).

I'm  clearly not implying Ham is part of the group that attacked the Capital (he is the only reasonable conservative at this  forum IMO),  only that based on the reporting I have seen the majority of those that attacked the Capital were white males,  over the age of 50.      I.e. they are NOT part of "today's generation".     

Even  Tucker made this point on his show,  when he said that these guys were older,  and had jobs and families,   UNLIKE the BLM protesters.   Tucker showing his racism by implying black protesters are mostly unemployed.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just watched Trump's well scripted speech.  Probably best one he ever made, but too little, too late.  Should have said it two weeks ago if not after the election.  Bet it was hard for him to not go off script and now he can't go back and use Twitter, etc. to counter what he said.

He did not actually recognize the insurrection for what it was not take any blame for it.  He did not acknowledge that Joe Biden was elected in a fair and legal manner.  But he did tell his people to not do it anymore.  Will they believe him?  Will they believe he is sincere?  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Just watched Trump's well scripted speech.  Probably best one he ever made, but too little, too late.  Should have said it two weeks ago if not after the election.  Bet it was hard for him to not go off script and now he can't go back and use Twitter, etc. to counter what he said.

He did not actually recognize the insurrection for what it was not take any blame for it.  He did not acknowledge that Joe Biden was elected in a fair and legal manner.  But he did tell his people to not do it anymore.  Will they believe him?  Will they believe he is sincere?  Time will tell.

Yep Cid, I've just now also watched it, and all I can say here is that IF Fat Boy had only used words such as that and used a tone such as that during his tenure in the White House, this country would NOT be in NEARLY the political turmoil we find ourselves in.

Nope, BUT there was another thing which he now has gotten wrong in his little speech, and that was his little shot at Twitter. And because while it appeared he's FINALLY grasped the idea that the words said by Presidents matter and have consequences, he STILL unfortunately doesn't seem to understand his being blocked from his favorite little means to express his opinion, does NOT constitute his First Amendment right to free speech being usurped or taken from him, as that right SOLELY pertains to our mutual right to not be taken away or jailed by our GOVERNMENT for expressing opinions which our government might find offensive.

(...but then, because I've always known that despite Fat Boy's lone "talent" at being "screwd" in financial dealings, he was never really all that bright to begin with nor really ever had much of a clue about our Constitution or constitutional government, this came as no surprise to me)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I don't think for a moment that Trump is sincere,  so that raises the question of why he made the statement.     Why backdown now?

One reason is to influence McConnell and other GOP Senators so they don't vote to convict him.    Another reason could be that no foreign country  is willing to grant him asylum so his only option is to fall on the sword in the hope to reduce future ramifications.    (yea, I know no one here agrees that seeking asylum is even in his playbook,  but since he as acted like a 3rd world dictator since day one,   I still say that he has seriously considered the idea).

Of course he could be doing this to save Trump businesses and to spare his family more grief.    

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh,   the vast majority of the traitors where just like you;  your age group,  your skin color,   your gender. 

Edited (since it appears someone here might be confused).

I'm  clearly not implying Ham is part of the group that attacked the Capital (he is the only reasonable conservative at this  forum IMO),  only that based on the reporting I have seen the majority of those that attacked the Capital were white males,  over the age of 50.      I.e. they are NOT part of "today's generation".     

Even  Tucker made this point on his show,  when he said that these guys were older,  and had jobs and families,   UNLIKE the BLM protesters.   Tucker showing his racism by implying black protesters are mostly unemployed.   

You mention the BLM Protestors, and you might actually agree with this - I thought the arguments I heard from the GOP today were a false equivalency.  The BLM Protestors numbered in the tens of millions and were in practically every country in the western world.  Canada, Europe and  throughout America.  People from all backgrounds and races joined in.

The right has demonized the ENTIRE movement based on some isolated incidents and even then as it turned out some of these were attributed to right wing groups joining in the 'fun.'

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

I almost agree with everything here.   But he did say the people on January 6th were not "his" people.  He disowned them completely.  He never really did tell "his" people anything.

But not to worry.  It was all just HS anyway.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You mention the BLM Protestors, and you might actually agree with this - I thought the arguments I heard from the GOP today were a false equivalency.  The BLM Protestors numbered in the tens of millions and were in practically every country in the western world.  Canada, Europe and  throughout America.  People from all backgrounds and races joined in.

The right has demonized the ENTIRE movement based on some isolated incidents and even then as it turned out some of these were attributed to right wing groups joining in the 'fun.'

Yes,  almost all members of the GOP only have a false equivalency points to make as a way to distract from the violent insurgency committed by their own.     Note that I mentioned BLM only because that is what Tucker said on his show.   

11 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't think for a moment that Trump is sincere,  so that raises the question of why he made the statement.     Why backdown now?

One reason is to influence McConnell and other GOP Senators so they don't vote to convict him.    Another reason could be that no foreign country  is willing to grant him asylum so his only option is to fall on the sword in the hope to reduce future ramifications.    (yea, I know no one here agrees that seeking asylum is even in his playbook,  but since he as acted like a 3rd world dictator since day one,   I still say that he has seriously considered the idea).

Of course he could be doing this to save Trump businesses and to spare his family more grief.    

I didn't say he was sincere, just that he made a good speech for a change.  Obviously somebody wrote it for him and his "advisors" coerced him into not deviating from it.   I don't think he can influence McConnell at this point and probably not too many other GOP senators.

I don't think asylum is on the table in Trump's mind.  As for his businesses, I see very few reputable companies doing business with him in the future.  His personal and corporate financial failures are coming to light and that alone will cause them to back away.

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

I didn't say he was sincere, just that he made a good speech for a change.  Obviously somebody wrote it for him and his "advisors" coerced him into not deviating from it.   I don't think he can influence McConnell at this point and probably not too many other GOP senators.

I don't think asylum is on the table in Trump's mind.  As for his businesses, I see very few reputable companies doing business with him in the future.  His personal and corporate financial failures are coming to light and that alone will cause them to back away.

It was a feeble bit of damage control, to try to avoid extra lawsuits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are all such lousy sacks of nobody's

1. That wasn't an insurrection - it was a phoney-coup staged by the Anti-Trump government and law enforcement agencies

2. It referred to as a psy-Op - You all claim to know about film making and movies - well, if you don't know what a psy-Op is  LOOK IT UP - While you are at it lookup SMITH  MUNDT and what Obama had to do with it, because you all seem to know nothing!

3. The FBI and CIA are some of the most corrupt establishments - if you have friends or relatives that work for them - tell them I.M. wishes you a long life of suffering and loss.

4. The MEDIA cycle this garbage that you all seem to be gorging on and posting on this website in an echo-chamber fashion that I TRULY PITY YOUR IGNORANCE

WE ALL AS AMERICANS LOSE AS A RESULT OF THIS - IF YOU ARE CELEBRATING THIS - YOU ARE EITHER MISSING A SCREW OR A LOATHSOME TRAITOR TO YOUR OWN NATION>

• Haha 1

Wow....

You took yourself a HUGE gulp of that Kool-aid, eh?  ;) 

I suppose the MOON LANDING was staged, too?  

If PSY-OP was involved at all it was likely at the behest of those right-wing senators and congressmen  in order to disrupt the electoral count proceedings, which would be a typical PSY-OP function.   And also recall...

It WASN'T the "anti-Trumpsters"  who were giving the preliminary threats to disrupt those proceedings in the first place. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Wow....

You took yourself a HUGE gulp of that Kool-aid, eh?  ;) 

I suppose the MOON LANDING was staged, too?  

If PSY-OP was involved at all it was likely at the behest of those right-wing senators and congressmen  in order to disrupt the electoral count proceedings, which would be a typical PSY-OP function.   And also recall...

It WASN'T the "anti-Trumpsters"  who were giving the preliminary threats to disrupt those proceedings in the first place. 

Sepiatone

You shouldn't rule out Psy_ops so quickly - I don't know exactly who was behind it - these days it doesn't matter

It was 99.9% a psy-op there WERE antifa there along with Trump supporters

What matters is that maybe more people should be havin conversations like the one you and I are having on here - rather than buying into media trash propaganda

Our liberties are being taken from us

12 minutes ago, Cinemartian said:

Also, All of a sudden House decides to Impeach him a second time, under a phoney pretense with 8 days to go!?

c'mon if you don't smell the **** you better get your nose and tongue examined

Are you an insurrectionist? I think we should know who you are  but maybe TCM is already doing its patriotic duty. Keep posting and don't delete you account.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Are you an insurrectionist? I think we should know who you are  but maybe TCM is already doing its patriotic duty. Keep posting and don't delete you account.

Buddy if I had the pleasure of meeting you in person you'd be proposed with a demand for satisfaction

I don't take kindly to threats  - I can see what kind of cowardly person you are

very nice  - in line with Stasi tactics

I hope you are just being funny - because I'm NOT laughing