Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

QAnon Shaman is supported by his mom in court as he's denied release after pushing conspiracy that Mike Pence 'is a child-trafficking traitor' and leaving a note for the VP saying 'it's only a matter of time, justice is coming' 

QAnon Shaman planned to 'capture and assassinate elected officials', say Federal

Arizona Magistrate Judge Deborah Fine denied Jacob Chansley's release in a pretrial detention hearing Friday afternoon saying: 'I do believe he was an active participant in a violent insurrection that attempted to overthrow the US government on January 6 2021.' Fine said Chansley (seen in a court sketch, left) is 'a serious flight risk', 'poses a risk to obstructing justice and is 'a danger to the community'. A filing submitted by Justice Department lawyers Thursday says Jacob Chansley admitted he was the man occupying Pence's seat decked in horns and fur (inset) and told them he was 'glad' he sat in Pence's chair on the Senate dais 'because Vice President Pence is a child-trafficking traitor'. The claims are part of the debunked QAnon conspiracy theory which claims Satan-worshiping pedophiles are plotting against Trump and are running a global child sex trafficking ring. Prosecutors say Chansley also admitted he left a note warning Pence 'it's only a matter of time - justice is coming' - but claimed the note was not threatening. Prosecutors say he planned to return to Washington DC for Joe Biden's inauguration and carry out a similar act to the January 6 insurrection. Chansley's mother, Martha, 56, (pictured right) has previously claimed he was not eating while in detention because he is not being given organic food.

• Haha 1
V3knesxJ_bigger.jpg

Cruz/Hawley etc objections added a crucial time element to the Capitol riot When no senator objected to any Electoral College votes in 2017, the Joint Session presided over by Biden finished certifying Trump's win at *1:41 pm* The mob broke in to the Capitol at ~2:10 pm
  • Thanks 1

Loews was scheduled to host a fundraiser for Hawley in Orlando at Universal Orlando Resort, but the hotel has now informed the organizers they are not welcome in light of Jan 6...

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Couldn't bring up that linked image as when I tried I was informed I was "not allowed".

Sepiatone

One of those protected image sites.  I used a different photo.

braveheart-mel-gibson-20th-century-fox-1

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Loews was scheduled to host a fundraiser for Hawley in Orlando at Universal Orlando Resort, but the hotel has now informed the organizers they are not welcome in light of Jan 6...

Hold on to your money January 6th trump supporters--

Loews Hotel has canceled this shindig after getting Communications from angry Americans saying they were getting ready to cancel their hotel reservations.

This cancel culture is nothing new.

Martin Luther King started it with the Montgomery Bus boycotts when they canceled the city bus companies because black people weren't allowed to sit in the front of the bus.

In a capitalistic country, if you don't like something you don't have to pay for it and that cancels your participation in it.

Supply and demand is still tops in this country.

• Like 2

Trump’s Far-Right Extremist Army Has Finally Turned On Him, Now Calling For His Execution

riot-01-1024x535.jpg

Trump's Far-Right Extremist Army Has Finally Turned On Him, Now Calling For His Execution (thegailygrind.com)

After reviewing thousands of messages across online havens for MAGA extremists, including Gab, CloutHub, MeWe, Telegram and far-right message boards such as 8kun, Huffpost found that “a growing minority of the president’s once-devout backers are now denouncing him and rejecting his recent pleas for peace. Some have called for his arrest or execution, labelling him a ‘traitor’ and a ‘coward.’ Alarmingly, many of those who are irate about Biden’s supposed electoral theft are still plotting to forcibly prevent him from taking office – with or without Trump’s help.”

“We don’t follow you,” another Telegram user wrote, addressing Trump, after the president put out his video urging calm and order. “Be quiet and get out of our way.”

“It has become apparent that now – after his mass radicalization campaign of voter-fraud disinformation and conspiracy-mongering – even Trump can’t stop the dangerous delusion he’s instilled across the country, or the next wave of violence it may soon bring,” HuffPost reports.

Among the recent messages excoriating Trump in dedicated pro-Trump networks: “tbh I hope they hang Trump at this point”; “He deserves what’s coming to him”; “he is literally done he will die in jail”; “Seriously hoping they’ll lock him up or lynch [him]”; “Guy is the biggest cuck ever at this point”; “Can’t wait til the left locks up his **** ****. Rot in prison.” Several people have proclaimed that at this point, Trump can only redeem himself by declaring martial law to maintain power by force.

It also seems that even the pro-Trump Proud Boys are losing faith in Trump: A Telegram channel run by the group reposted a message with Trump’s video along with the text “The Betrayal of Trumpist base by Trump himself continues.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, does this latest little turn-of-events remind anyone else here of the penultimate scene in The Lion King, and where the evil and devious Scar's final fate is being fatally confronted by his former loyal gang of hyenas?...

original-29045-1402134161-29.jpg

(...and with perhaps the ONLY difference here being that I don't think Scar's mane was a comb-over)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is partly off topic, but I was just watching the news. The Mayor of Trenton, NJ was interviewed about preparations to protect the capitol (Trenton is the capital of New Jersey). He seemed very good and well prepared.  Ruth Donnelly's uncle (Frederick W. Donnelly) was the longtime (20 years) Mayor of Trenton, once upon a time (1911-1931). I wonder how he would have taken care of the situation? Would he have enlisted the help of his niece, who played a few tough lady roles?  Ruth was married to the President of the AC Spark Plug company, now part of ACDelco. Would that have played into the situation?

RUTH-D.jpg

I had to cringe when I saw the South Viet Nam flag in this photo.  Hopefully, people won't get the wrong idea when they see it in cultural events, including Lunar New Year. The Vietnamese American community sure as hell is not going to accept the Vietnamese communist flag.

flag3.jpg

Lunar New Year

flag4.jpg

PIVOT CONDEMNS THE DESECRATION OF SOUTH VIETNAM’S FLAG IN THE INSURRECTION AT THE U.S. CAPITOL
January 9, 2021

On January 6th, as part of the insurrection that attacked the heart of American democracy, we saw the disturbing sight of the yellow flags with three red stripes of the Vietnamese Heritage flag carried by those attacking the Capitol. This flag has long been a symbol of the Vietnamese American community in the US; yet on that terrible day, it was flying alongside flags that symbolize hate and intolerance.

To Vietnamese Americans, this flag unifies us in our common heritage and history. It reminds us of dear friends and family who sacrificed and gave their lives for a cause they believed in. We honor it as it reminds us of who we are and where we came from.

By honoring it, we honor all those early refugees, our parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts who arrived empty-handed in a new land and whose hard work built the foundations for the thriving Vietnamese American community today. 

Those who carry this flag in front of the Capitol not only do not speak for us, they betray our most fundamental values. We condemn those who peddle widely discredited lies and who stop at nothing in furthering their political cause. They have desecrated our flag for their misguided, hateful, dangerous and failed insurrection.

PIVOT stands with those in our community who believe in democracy and fight for a more just society via our voices and our votes, and who work daily to make us a better country while always remembering where we came from. As we continue to work for a better America, one that stands for justice on health, immigration, racial, economic and environmental issues, we hold dear the flag that serves as a unifying symbol for our community. We continue to honor it by working to realize the hopes that those early refugees had for their future generations. 

https://www.pivotnetwork.org/news/pivot-condemns-the-desecration-of-south-vietnams-flag-in-the-insurrection-at-the-us-capitol

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, noah80 said:

I had to cringe when I saw the South Viet Nam flag in this photo.  Hopefully, people won't get the wrong idea when they see it in cultural events, including Lunar New Year. The Vietnamese American community sure as hell is not going to accept the communist flag.

flag3.jpg

Lunar New Year

flag4.jpg

PIVOT CONDEMNS THE DESECRATION OF SOUTH VIETNAM’S FLAG IN THE INSURRECTION AT THE U.S. CAPITOL
January 9, 2021

On January 6th, as part of the insurrection that attacked the heart of American democracy, we saw the disturbing sight of the yellow flags with three red stripes of the Vietnamese Heritage flag carried by those attacking the Capitol. This flag has long been a symbol of the Vietnamese American community in the US; yet on that terrible day, it was flying alongside flags that symbolize hate and intolerance.

To Vietnamese Americans, this flag unifies us in our common heritage and history. It reminds us of dear friends and family who sacrificed and gave their lives for a cause they believed in. We honor it as it reminds us of who we are and where we came from.

By honoring it, we honor all those early refugees, our parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts who arrived empty-handed in a new land and whose hard work built the foundations for the thriving Vietnamese American community today. 

Those who carry this flag in front of the Capitol not only do not speak for us, they betray our most fundamental values. We condemn those who peddle widely discredited lies and who stop at nothing in furthering their political cause. They have desecrated our flag for their misguided, hateful, dangerous and failed insurrection.

PIVOT stands with those in our community who believe in democracy and fight for a more just society via our voices and our votes, and who work daily to make us a better country while always remembering where we came from. As we continue to work for a better America, one that stands for justice on health, immigration, racial, economic and environmental issues, we hold dear the flag that serves as a unifying symbol for our community. We continue to honor it by working to realize the hopes that those early refugees had for their future generations. 

https://www.pivotnetwork.org/news/pivot-condemns-the-desecration-of-south-vietnams-flag-in-the-insurrection-at-the-us-capitol

That flag has been used to symbolize hate and intolerance.     I jam with a few sons of Vietnamese refugees and have eaten at that strip mall featured in the photo.    Their parents are very conservative,  voting GOP all the time.  Most are Trumpers.      They are anti-gay.    In fact their annual parade had to be postponed because the city wouldn't grant a permit unless they allowed gays to participate (something they didn't allow all previous years).       Fly a rainbow flag and it will be destroyed. 

Now I'm not saying the majority of these Vietnamese Trumpers  supported the insurgency (but I'm very sure a majority believed the election was stolen).

• Thanks 2
36 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Uh, there's no longer a South Vietnam!

Like there's no longer a Soviet Union.

44483291001_5594187638001_5594186021001-

Well... then I guess these people are just so stupid.  They have been using the wrong flag all along!

flag4.jpg

Why the defunct South Vietnam flag was flown at the Capitol riot

The flag has become a symbol for different things: anti-communism, U.S. imperialism, democracy and recollection of the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/why-defunct-south-vietnam-flag-was-flown-capitol-riot-n1254306

• Thanks 2
12 hours ago, noah80 said:

Well... then I guess these people are just so stupid.  They have been using the wrong flag all along!

flag4.jpg

The flag has become a symbol for different things: anti-communism, U.S. imperialism, democracy and recollection of the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/why-defunct-south-vietnam-flag-was-flown-capitol-riot-n1254306

Originally they were under French imperialism.

220px-Flag_of_Colonial_Annam.svg.png

French Indochina 

377px-Flag_Map_of_French_Indochina_(1887

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That flag has been used to symbolize hate and intolerance.     I jam with a few sons of Vietnamese refugees and have eaten at that strip mall featured in the photo.    Their parents are very conservative,  voting GOP all the time.  Most are Trumpers.      They are anti-gay.    In fact their annual parade had to be postponed because the city wouldn't grant a permit unless they allowed gays to participate (something they didn't allow all previous years).       Fly a rainbow flag and it will be destroyed. 

Now I'm not saying the majority of these Vietnamese Trumpers  supported the insurgency (but I'm very sure a majority believed the election was stolen).

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know about the rainbow flag ban.  

POLITICAL DIVIDE IN THE VIETNAMESE COMMUNITY

Less visible at Wednesday’s rally was the generational divide that runs through the Vietnamese community when it comes to politics: among Asian Americans ages 18-34, respondents preferred Biden 66 to 20. Most of the attendees were middle-aged or older.

Gina Nguyen, a freshman at the University of Southern California who grew up in D’Iberville and did not attend Wednesday’s rally, plans to vote for Biden. Her mother and father support Trump. Nguyen dislikes what she sees as Trump’s lack of professionalism and his stances on abortion and separation of church and state. Her mother feels that Trump will stand up to China. Talking politics is difficult.

“It gets nowhere,” she said. “I’ve stopped trying. I don’t like when my mom brings it up.”

Nguyen said her mother’s English isn’t fluent, and Nguyen’s Vietnamese isn’t perfect, either. Finding shared language to talk about complicated political issues is nearly impossible.

“A lot of things get lost in translation,” she said. “Whenever we try to talk to them about our views, we’re kind of at a crossway. We don’t know how to help them understand without saying it in English. And they don’t understand.”

Thinh Vu said that his daughter has some more liberal tendencies; he feels that American public schools have “brainwashed” children raised in the United States.

https://www.sunherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article246288675.html

9 hours ago, noah80 said:

flag4.jpg

Thanks for posting this.  When I saw the flags, I thought it might be connected to Vietnam veterans.  Glad you clarified it.

I remember using the facility at Tan Son Nhut Airbase when I was passing through while in Vietnam during the war.  Someone had written on the stall door:  "The Vietnamese flag is just like the people; what ain't red is yellow."

"The Vietnamese flag is just like the people; what ain't red is yellow."  is interesting. One can cringe.  The statement says something about U.S. imperialism and racism.

And here I WAS thinkin' the reason for the flying of that flag there might have been to honor the gallant service to the Vietnamese people that Donald Trump made when he was a young man and while they were fighting their civil war???

(...oh...wait...that's right..."bone spurs", huh...never mind)

• Haha 2

·
8h

JUST IN: Sen. McConnell on Capitol insurrection:

"The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like."

========================================================

Once again, McConnell is a part of the Gang of 8.
He gets intelligence briefings, and knows way more than what we know on the investigation into 1/6.

What he says publicly is meaningful in terms of seriousness re Trump.