• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump Insurrection: Takeover of the Capitol of the United States

tDfh3vgi_mini.jpg

Craig Silverman

@CraigSilverman
· 19h
NEW w/ @RMac18: Mark Zuckerberg intervened to reduce penalties for Alex Jones and Infowars. His decision weakened FB's policies and prevented it from acting earlier against right wing groups like the Oath Keepers that stormed the Capitol, sources say: https://buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/mark-zuckerberg-joel-kaplan-facebook-alex-jones
Show this thread
  • Sad 2

Five big takeaways on the Capitol security hearings

"

Former Capitol security officials clashed publicly on Tuesday over the events surrounding last month’s deadly assault on the Capitol complex, casting blame at the intelligence community and the Pentagon while delivering conflicting accounts of how the tragedy unfolded.

Here are five takeaways from the day’s proceedings.

Congress will need to probe contradictions

There were major discrepancies between former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund and former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving as they recounted their actions before and during the Jan. 6 attack. The two officials couldn’t even agree whether a phone call had taken place between them as rioters were breaking into the building.........

The witnesses Tuesday “may have disagreed on some details, but there is clear agreement this was a planned insurrection,” said Senate Rules Committee Chairwoman Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), who noted it involved white supremacists and extremist groups and could have been even worse...............

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/540194-five-big-takeaways-on-the-capitol-security-hearings

• Thanks 1

Remember this?

I was a bit surprised that they did not include this in Impeachment 2.0.  It really does go to Trump's plan to seize control and subvert the election results.  Maybe they can look into this with the hearings.

Seems bad
Quote Tweet

DcKXkwSB_mini.jpg

Talking Points Memo

@TPM
· 3h
Trump Pentagon Nominee Boosted Calls For Martial Law This Week https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-pentagon-nominee-boosted-calls-for-martial-law-this-week

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

As our hearing concludes, I want to make one thing clear:
“provocateurs” did not storm the Capitol.
They were not “fake Trump protestors.”
The mood on January 6th was not “festive.”

That is disinformation.

-_-

My favorite to be president of all those who were running in 2020.

Maj. Gen. William Walker, commanding general of the D.C. National Guard, says
he “alerted the Army Senior Leadership” of a “frantic” and “dire” plea for aid to the Capitol at 1:49pm on January 6.
Says he didn’t hear back until “5:08pm,

about three hours and 19 minutes later.”

<_<
  • Sad 2
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:huh:

Let's hope it does not happen, but this will the deterrent that might prevent it.

As long as Trump and his Republican enablers (99% of the party) are still out there, these groups will believe they have permission to do this sort of thing.  Not to mention encouragement to do it.

As long as the Republicans in control of the party today are in control, we may reach the state where we have to station military full-time around the capitol and White House just as in any other banana republic.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Let's hope it does not happen, but this will the deterrent that might prevent it.

As long as Trump and his Republican enablers (99% of the party) are still out there, these groups will believe they have permission to do this sort of thing.  Not to mention encouragement to do it.

As long as the Republicans in control of the party today are in control, we may reach the state where we have to station military full-time around the capitol and White House just as in any other banana republic.

I hope it does happen.    Having it happen,  having it shut-down and then the legal aftermath,  is the only thing that might get GOP pol enablers (which by your own admission is the vast majority of the GOP),  to wake-up and possibly stop supporting Trump.     Clearly what occurred on January 6th didn't.

• Thanks 1

FBI arrests Roger Stone's bodyguard and accuses the Oath Keeper of storming the Capitol just hours after providing protection to the pardoned Trump advisor

Two men wanted in the deadly riot at the Capitol have been arrested. Roberto Minuta, 36, of New Jersey is said to have served as a bodyguard to former President Donald Trump's longtime political confidant Roger Stone. He was seen on video guarding Roger Stone the morning of January 6 outside a Washington D.C. hotel (left). Prosecutors say he was coordinating with other Oath Keepers on the day itself. Minuta was seen aggressively berating and taunting U.S. Capitol police officers responsible for protecting the Capitol and the representatives inside. He is said to have deleted a Facebook account he had maintained for 13 years to conceal his involvement. Stone, who was pardoned by Trump, was in Washington the day of the assault but has denied any involvement. Minuta was also pictured walking behind Former General Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump's pardoned national security adviser in December 2020, seen bottom right. Meanwhile, Steve Sturgeon, 32, of Dillon, Montana, was also arrested and charged with shoving a metal police barricade into police officers during the insurrection on January 6.

• Thanks 2

......"The court finds that no condition or combination of conditions of release will reasonably assure defendant's appearance as required [in court]

or the safety of others and the community," Lamberth ruled.

"Defendant characterizes himself as a peaceful person who was welcomed into the Capitol building on January 6th by police officers.

The Court finds none of his many attempts to manipulate the evidence and minimize the seriousness of his actions persuasive," the judge continued.........

<_<

• Thanks 1

6 Questions Officials Still Haven’t Answered After Weeks of Hearings on the Capitol Attack

More than 15 hours of testimony failed to answer fundamental questions about the Capitol attack.

Among them: Why national security officials responded differently to BLM protesters than to Trump supporters.

https://www.propublica.org/article/6-questions-officials-still-havent-answered-after-weeks-of-hearings-on-the-capitol-attack

:huh:

• Thanks 1
On 3/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, mr6666 said:

......"The court finds that no condition or combination of conditions of release will reasonably assure defendant's appearance as required [in court]

or the safety of others and the community," Lamberth ruled.

"Defendant characterizes himself as a peaceful person who was welcomed into the Capitol building on January 6th by police officers.

The Court finds none of his many attempts to manipulate the evidence and minimize the seriousness of his actions persuasive," the judge continued.........

<_<

He might develop an urge to headbutt someone.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Mr.Sixes, but I might have to miss this particular episode of Frontline.

(...and no, not because of any scheduling conflict, but because I've noticed recently that watching programs which show these sorts of paranoid, gullible and retrograde IDIOTS, is making me talk back to my TV set AND makes me LESS proud to be an American)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, I broke down and am presently watching this Frontline episode about these crazy freakin', paranoid, gullible and retrograde IDIOTS and who are SO G-D freakin' crazy and deluded in their crazy freakin' mixed-up little minds, that they honestly believe themselves contributing to a "better America" and are "helping keep Americans free". BUT, all they REALLY are, are a bunch of freakin' disgruntled white trash LOSERS!!! But then AGAIN, I of course ALREADY knew this.

Yep, and JUST as I thought WOULD happen, I'm currently yelling at my TV set loud enough that my wife who's in the other room watching a rerun of The Big Bang Theory has just walked into the room and asked me to please tone it down.

(...see?!...THIS was why I didn't want to watch this thing, DAMN IT...too bad that Miami Heat/Phoenix Suns game I WAS watching was beginning to be a blowout, DAMN IT...being a Laker fan and not having a "dog in this fight", I would NEVER have felt the need to yell at my TV set while watching THAT!)

LOL

• Haha 2