Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing star's birthday binges all day!

I have been a life long fan of Cary Grant and his movies and happen to share his birthday.  When I was young, I used to look forward to Jan. 18, because it was my birthday, and I knew I could watch Cary Grant movies on TCM all day.  Now, I have a husband and three grown daughters that all understand, that if  Philadelphia Story is playing on TCM on January 18, we will schedule brunch around it. Sadly, Cary Grant movies have not been played his birthday onTCM for the past two years .. at least.   WHY?

Note that TMC has been doing less birthday tributes.   The reason is simple;  there are too many fine actors.   

If TCM was to do a birthday tribute for each of them,  the vast majority of their programming would be birthday tributes.

Of course TCM could show just one-film on an actor's birthday (instead of 3 - 4 etc..),  but then fans would ask why one of their favorite actors didn't get a "fair" tribute. 

I love Cary Grant,   and TCM does show a lot of his films during the year.