Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Think about it your ancestors crawled out of ocean and over millions of years of evolution learned to walk and talk read and write build fire to survive just so you people can be liberals and conservatives we should be a type 1 civilization by now it sucks that we need each other so much this **** is holding us back.

• Confused 1
19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

egg-sucking Hollywood liberals plan to edit Trump out of that movie.

Can you provide a source for your information?  Without it you just sound like you're repeating barroom and barbershop gossip.  You know....

"They say....";  "I heard....." ;  "Some guy told me.....".  

18 hours ago, Millenniumman said:

Think about it your ancestors crawled out of ocean and over millions of years of evolution learned to walk and talk read and write build fire to survive just so you people can be liberals and conservatives we should be a type 1 civilization by now it sucks that we need each other so much this **** is holding us back.

Sorry kid.  Nip's so immersed in "Judeo-Christian" moral righteousness  to ever concede the existence of any length of evolution.  ;) 

Sepiatone

After a quick search I found several places carrying this story..  And you know, Trump has such a brief scene in the movie, that it's inconsequential that he's even in it.   Much as I don't care (and never did) for "The Donald", I say leave it be.  It's just like my wife told my daughter once.....

While looking over some old photos with her, there were several where my wife was shown sitting with or standing next to her first husband, whom she really grew to hate and divorced him because he was a physical and verbally abusive a-hole who molested a nine year old cousin of hers.  My daughter asked why she didn't throw away, destroy or cut his image out of the pictures, and my wife told her....

"It's part of my history and of who I was and still am.  To do that would be like ignoring the past, and you know what's said about doing that."  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 2
21 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Who watches Home Alone 2?

A lot of people, the Box Office was $174 Million  in the USA and Worldwide $359 Million. for Home Alone 2. Home Alone 1 and 2 are shown many times during the holiday season and on quite a few stations.

4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

A lot of people, the Box Office was $174 Million  in the USA and Worldwide $359 Million. for Home Alone 2. Home Alone 1 and 2 are shown many times during the holiday season and on quite a few stations.

Okay, who watches Home Alone 3, then?   😄

And FTR, Trump could also be cut out of the 1994 Little Rascals movie with no loss except a cheap early-90's "Rich guy" joke that was basically all we knew about Trump back when he was still an obnoxious slob but relatively sane.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, EricJ said:

And FTR, Trump could also be cut out of the 1994 Little Rascals movie with no loss except a cheap early-90's "Rich guy" joke that was basically all we knew about Trump back when he was still an obnoxious slob but relatively sane.

I've never seen Home Alone 3, is trump in that too? I wasn't commenting on trump, just Home Alone 2. Trump  owned The Plaza when Home Alone 2 was filmed,  that was the joke when Kevin speaks to him.

17 hours ago, EricJ said:

I can't ever recall a time when that was possible or so.

But here's an interesting thing about that scene from WIKI----

Donald Trump, the owner of the Plaza Hotel at the time, allowed the crew to shoot scenes in the hotel lobby in exchange for a cameo in the film, in addition to the standard fee for film productions. Columbus said that Trump had "bullied" his way into the film. Columbus planned to leave his scene out, but kept it as test audiences cheered when Trump appeared.

Sepiatone

17 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I've never seen Home Alone 3, is trump in that too? I wasn't commenting on trump, just Home Alone 2. Trump  owned The Plaza when Home Alone 2 was filmed,  that was the joke when Kevin speaks to him.

... And man-thing pushed his appearance on the producers...

On 1/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, NipkowDisc said:

I think I saw it on Huffpost.

:D

Honestly, Nip if you are going to start threads, do your research.

"As President Donald Trump prepares to make his exit from the White House, fans of "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" want him to make a permanent, on-screen exit from the movie -- and its star Macaulay Culkin seems to be on board with the idea.

Culkin played Kevin McAllister, who gets separated from his family and ends up in New York. At one point, Kevin crosses paths with Trump at the Plaza Hotel. He asks Trump for directions to the hotel's lobby and Trump responds by casually pointing him in the right direction.
Some fans of the movie want to remove Trump from that scene -- and one Twitter user did just that.
The user posted his version the scene at the Plaza Hotel and this time Kevin is seen talking to a mute, invisible figure instead of Trump. The actor responded with a single word to the edited video: "Bravo."
Another Twitter user proposed creating a "petition to digitally replace trump in 'home alone 2' with 40-year-old macaulay culkin."
"Sold." Culkin wrote in response.

- CNN Entertainment

I didn't vote for Trump either time, but this is just sad. Erasing people from history is sad.  Former child stars who ceased to have relevance in 1994 and are trying to get at least part of the spotlight back are sad. 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I actually got downvoted on reddit once for saying Stalin was one of the worst people to ever live. Somebody commented on my post saying Trump was worse than Stalin??? This was before Covid too. A bit hyperbolic. Although Trump may not want to look at pictures of Herman Cain after what happened. 

Tulsa Officials React To Coronavirus Death Of Herman Cain | Public Radio  Tulsa

3 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

I actually got downvoted on reddit once for saying Stalin was one of the worst people to ever live. Somebody commented on my post saying Trump was worse than Stalin??? This was before Covid too. A bit hyperbolic. Although Trump may not want to look at pictures of Herman Cain after what happened.

Social media notwithstanding for me and purely from the standpoint of being an observer, this has been an interesting journey.

I am vindicated as I saw the potential for all of this to happen with social media back in 2008/2009 around when it started to take off.  I thought MySpace was a stupid idea at the time, and thought the subsequent "big social media" services to come were stupid ideas too.  I recommended to everyone I knew that they not store anything personal there, or better yet just don't do it - you don't know the motives of those who operate it.  At the very least they were massive data harvesting operations and these days they "unperson" people and block access to their data.  It does more harm than good anymore and just needs to go away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, you wouldn't believe( or maybe you would) the trouble FaceBook postings have caused on my wife's side of the family.  A people once so close water couldn't seep through them are now mostly connected jowl to throat.   And mostly because( and as is typical with FB and other "social media") some postings were taken way out of context.  :rolleyes:   The frustrating puzzle of it all is that none of them ever consider to stop wasting their time and just get OFF those damned sites.

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

After I became aware of the unsavory and downright offensive comments that Tor Johnson once made about Encino California, I tweeted that I wanted ALL traces of the man cut from Plan 9 From Outer Space.

(...however, this in turn caused a grassroots counter-movement to commence which I understand was spearheaded by some retired math teacher from back east, and so my efforts went nowhere)

• Haha 1
On 1/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, NipkowDisc said:

egg-sucking Hollywood liberals plan to edit Trump out of that movie.

OH YES? **** SHOULD BE EDITED OUT OF HISTORY

KEEP UP THE POLITICAL POSTINGS ...

• Haha 1

Another consideration.....

I had seen the movie when it came out, as I liked the first one, but really?

Until Nip posted this thread I forgot all about Trump's scant appearance in the flick.  

Sepiatone

I've only ever watched the first one and that was years ago.

Thought it was an okay little comedy, but definitely geared to people of more tender years.

(...and due to all the characters in it, and especially the two inept would-be burglars, being so outrageously over-the-top)

On 1/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, txfilmfan said:

Who watches Home Alone 2?

I usually see those first two movies around Christmas time... on one o' them channels.  I like both of those silly movies.  Trump bullied the producers when they wanted to shoot that scene in the hotel I guess he owned at the time. 

5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I usually see those first two movies around Christmas time... on one o' them channels.  I like both of those silly movies.  Trump bullied the producers when they wanted to shoot that scene in the hotel I guess he owned at the time. 

The banks (70 of them, led by Citibank) owned it, as he borrowed money to buy it in 1988.  Purchase price was around $400M.  Due to extensive, tacky remodeling, another $200M was added to the note, for a total of $600M.   They were going to try to do a condo conversion, to raise $750M and retire the debt, but that failed.

He finagled his way for the banks to forgive $250M of the debt by relinquishing 49% of the ownership to Citibank in a bankruptcy case in 1992.

In 1995, Trump sold the hotel for $325M, with all of that going to the banks.  Trump still had a small hand in the hotel, but only if the penthouse condos were ever developed.

Art of the Deal, indeed.  He's all smoke and mirrors.

• Thanks 1