Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's pouty Farewell & Legacy ......

-couldn't find Tom's ? previous thread  :(

Trump explodes  as he prepares to leave office-

"........For now, Trump is undecided on whether he will pen a letter to Biden to leave in the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office. Some of his advisers have encouraged him to think about continuing the tradition. Early in his presidency, Trump liked to show off to visitors the letter he received from President Barack Obama, which included the now-prescient line: "Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them."

Initially, Trump had planned to depart the White House a day early. But he now plans to leave on the morning of January 20. His departure aboard Marine One from the White House South Lawn will likely be visible and audible to the Bidens, who will spend the night before the inauguration at Blair House, across Pennsylvania Avenue from the executive mansion. Its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady.

Final plans for Trump's departure were still being laid a week ahead of time, but Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters, according to a person with whom he has discussed the matter. Whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews or his final destination -- Palm Beach International Airport -- wasn't clear. Trump is expected to be ensconced in his Mar-a-Lago club or his nearby golf course by noon on Inauguration Day, when his term officially ends.

Having the outgoing president 1,000 miles away from the incoming one provides some logistical challenges. For instance, handoff of the nuclear football -- a 45-pound briefcase that accompanies the president everywhere he goes in case of nuclear attack -- won't be as simple as it would be if the two men were in each other's vicinity.

A person familiar with the matter said the White House Military Office will ensure there are multiple nuclear footballs -- one to accompany Trump to Florida and one that will be ready in Washington for when Biden officially becomes president........

&  Legal and financial troubles..........

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1
  • mr6666 changed the title to Trump's pouty Farewell & Legacy ......

Enduring 2nd impeachment, Trump stands largely silent, alone

WASHINGTON (AP) — His place in the history books rewritten, President Donald Trump endured his second impeachment largely alone and silent.

For more than four years, Trump has dominated the national discourse like no one before him. Yet when his legacy was set in stone on Wednesday, he was stunningly left on the sidelines.

........Trump now stands with no equal, the only president to be charged twice with a high crime or misdemeanor, a new coda for a term defined by a deepening of the nation’s divides, his failures during the worst pandemic in a century and his refusal to accept defeat at the ballot box.

Trump kept out of sight in a nearly empty White House as impeachment proceedings played out at the heavily fortified U.S. Capitol. There, the damage from last week’s riots provided a visible reminder of the insurrection that the president was accused of inciting.

Abandoned by some in his own party, Trump could do nothing but watch history unfold on television. The suspension of his Twitter account deprived Trump of his most potent means to keep Republicans in line, giving a sense that Trump had been defanged............

His paramount concern, beyond his legacy, was what a second impeachment could do to his immediate political and financial future.

The loss of his Twitter account and fundraising lists could complicate Trump’s efforts to remain a GOP kingmaker and potentially run again in 2024. Moreover, Trump seethed at the blows being dealt to his business, including the withdrawal of a PGA tournament from one of his golf courses and the decision by New York City to cease dealings with his company.

There’s the possibility that if the Senate were to convict him, he also could be barred from seeking election again, dashing any hopes of another presidential campaign.......

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-2nd-impeachment-d8cb519119f286ba307bd99d3cfdd90f

-_-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Enduring 2nd impeachment, Trump stands largely silent, alone

WASHINGTON (AP) — His place in the history books rewritten, President Donald Trump endured his second impeachment largely alone and silent.

For more than four years, Trump has dominated the national discourse like no one before him. Yet when his legacy was set in stone on Wednesday, he was stunningly left on the sidelines.

........Trump now stands with no equal, the only president to be charged twice with a high crime or misdemeanor, a new coda for a term defined by a deepening of the nation’s divides, his failures during the worst pandemic in a century and his refusal to accept defeat at the ballot box.

Trump kept out of sight in a nearly empty White House as impeachment proceedings played out at the heavily fortified U.S. Capitol. There, the damage from last week’s riots provided a visible reminder of the insurrection that the president was accused of inciting.

Abandoned by some in his own party, Trump could do nothing but watch history unfold on television. The suspension of his Twitter account deprived Trump of his most potent means to keep Republicans in line, giving a sense that Trump had been defanged............

His paramount concern, beyond his legacy, was what a second impeachment could do to his immediate political and financial future.

The loss of his Twitter account and fundraising lists could complicate Trump’s efforts to remain a GOP kingmaker and potentially run again in 2024. Moreover, Trump seethed at the blows being dealt to his business, including the withdrawal of a PGA tournament from one of his golf courses and the decision by New York City to cease dealings with his company.

There’s the possibility that if the Senate were to convict him, he also could be barred from seeking election again, dashing any hopes of another presidential campaign.......

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-2nd-impeachment-d8cb519119f286ba307bd99d3cfdd90f

-_-

The capitalist corporations are really disconnecting from trump like he's got leprosy after his impeachment for January 6th.

It started with his longtime generous loner bank Deutsche Bank-- round and round it goes where it stops nobody knows.

If he's convicted in the Senate, he won't even get a pension.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The most long lasting part of Trump's legacy will be all the Federal judge appointments McConnell and him were able to push-through,  as well as those 3 Supreme Court justices.   Of course Trump might not have the same POV,  since no Federal judge or SC Justice was willing to take up his completely bogus the-election-was-stolen challenges.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/14/2021 at 7:56 PM, mr6666 said:

-couldn't find Tom's ? previous thread  :(

Trump explodes  as he prepares to leave office-

"........For now, Trump is undecided on whether he will pen a letter to Biden to leave in the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office. Some of his advisers have encouraged him to think about continuing the tradition. Early in his presidency, Trump liked to show off to visitors the letter he received from President Barack Obama, which included the now-prescient line: "Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them."

Initially, Trump had planned to depart the White House a day early. But he now plans to leave on the morning of January 20. His departure aboard Marine One from the White House South Lawn will likely be visible and audible to the Bidens, who will spend the night before the inauguration at Blair House, across Pennsylvania Avenue from the executive mansion. Its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady.

Final plans for Trump's departure were still being laid a week ahead of time, but Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters, according to a person with whom he has discussed the matter. Whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews or his final destination -- Palm Beach International Airport -- wasn't clear. Trump is expected to be ensconced in his Mar-a-Lago club or his nearby golf course by noon on Inauguration Day, when his term officially ends.

Having the outgoing president 1,000 miles away from the incoming one provides some logistical challenges. For instance, handoff of the nuclear football -- a 45-pound briefcase that accompanies the president everywhere he goes in case of nuclear attack -- won't be as simple as it would be if the two men were in each other's vicinity.

A person familiar with the matter said the White House Military Office will ensure there are multiple nuclear footballs -- one to accompany Trump to Florida and one that will be ready in Washington for when Biden officially becomes president........

&  Legal and financial troubles..........

giphy.gif

Very Ap Pro Po, Pic,.

Indeed.. he should get a sticker or a sucker for his comprehensive mastery of "the pout" ..and "the Tantrum(p)" ...

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The most long lasting part of Trump's legacy will be all the Federal judge appointments McConnell and him were able to push-through,  as well as those 3 Supreme Court justices.   Of course Trump might not have the same POV,  since no Federal judge or SC Justice was willing to take up his completely bogus the-election-was-stolen challenges.

You seem to think "legacy" means positive achievements.  Certainly he will point to that and that is probably what you mean.

I would say two impeachments will be Trump's "legacy" and the rise of right wing white supremacists in America.

But CNN just played portions of his inauguration speech on it's Reality check by John Avalon and virtually none of the things he promised came to pass.  In most cases the reverse happened.  Infrastructure, Bringing people together,  the debt, unemployment.  Then there is this ...

01/19/2021 08:57:28
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 396,746

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Experts estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided. (For further reading, click here).

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You seem to think "legacy" means positive achievements.  Certainly he will point to that and that is probably what you mean.

Please try to just deal with the issue at hand instead of making assumptions about what others mean.

Legacy doesn't only mean positive achievements.  DUH!!!!    I didn't even imply that.    AGAIN:  This is what I posted: The most long lasting part of Trump's legacy will be all the Federal judge appointments McConnell and him were able to push-through,  as well as those 3 Supreme Court justices.   

See the words:   LONG LASTING PART,,,,,       The reason I believe this is because Biden can "reverse" many of Trump's policies (e.g. environmental regulation can be changed or ones the Trump admin didn't enforce can be enforced,  immigration rules modified,,,,etc....),  and a Dem lead Congress can pass some legislation to undo some of what Trump did.

The Fed judges and justices:   Basically they have to die for them to be removed from power.    

PS:  I focused on the above because I care about what is going on in the USA in the next few years and decade,  more than how Trump will look decades from now in History books.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Please try to just deal with the issue at hand instead of making assumptions about what others mean.

Legacy doesn't only mean positive achievements.  DUH!!!!    I didn't even imply that.    AGAIN:  This is what I posted: The most long lasting part of Trump's legacy will be all the Federal judge appointments McConnell and him were able to push-through,  as well as those 3 Supreme Court justices.   

See the words:   LONG LASTING PART,,,,,       The reason I believe this is because Biden can "reverse" many of Trump's policies (e.g. environmental regulation can be changed or ones the Trump admin didn't enforce can be enforced,  immigration rules modified,,,,etc....),  and a Dem lead Congress can pass some legislation to undo some of what Trump did.

The Fed judges and justices:   Basically they have to die for them to be removed from power.    

PS:  I focused on the above because I care about what is going on in the USA in the next few years and decade,  more than how Trump will look decades from now in History books.

I respectfully disagree with you still.  To me "legacy" means what they will associate you with eons from now.  And that won't be judges that he happened to get lucky to appoint.  It will be all of the things that I posted about.

So, you have said what you would like to say and now I have had my say.  I hope that meets your approval, your majesty.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

Posters will keep his legacy alive after January 20 is by keeping old threads alive.  Arnold Schwarzenegger is dead wrong to think Trump will be forgotten like an old tweet, not here anyway.

Will there be a Where's Donald Trump thread? 

The reason this idea failed 7 ways to Sunday because people left and right keeps looking BACK!

148786446.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Posters will keep his legacy alive after January 20 is by keeping old threads alive.  Arnold Schwarzenegger is dead wrong to think Trump will be forgotten like an old tweet, not here anyway.

So true.    Like some of the morons with TDS at this forum;   they will continue to talk about how bad Trump was for the rest of their lives.

Trump was indeed the worst President in US History (IMO),  but only those with stage 4 TDS,  have the need to bring up all of Trump's many follies,  over, and over, and over, and over again.   AND if one doesn't mention these over and over and over again,   these clowns assume one might be in Trump's camp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

These are definitively the greatest legacy Trump leaves behind.  These judges are mostly in their 30's or 40's so they will be on the benches for 40 years, if not more.  They will be able to turn back most, if not all, the executive orders Biden issues or laws Congress passes, if they choose to.

Add to this all the regulations that he repealed or gutted.  All the lands he opened up for commercial activity.  While Congress may manage to get a law passed to change all this, it will take years if successful at all.  Then they face challenges in a Republican court system.  Same for Biden's executive orders.

Then you have the massive tax cuts.  Biden has proposed increases, but will they get through Congress.  Some Dems in the House and Senate may be warry of voting for tax increases.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I would say two impeachments will be Trump's "legacy" and the rise of right wing white supremacists in America.

But CNN just played portions of his inauguration speech on it's Reality check by John Avalon and virtually none of the things he promised came to pass.  In most cases the reverse happened.  Infrastructure, Bringing people together,  the debt, unemployment.  Then there is this ...

01/19/2021 08:57:28
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 396,746

See below.

53 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I respectfully disagree with [jamesguitar] still.  To me "legacy" means what they will associate you with eons from now.  And that won't be judges that he happened to get lucky to appoint.  It will be all of the things that I posted about.

So, you have said what you would like to say and now I have had my say.  I hope that meets your approval, your majesty.  :lol:

Legacy in this sense means what you leave behind when you walk out the door.  As James and I noted above, these are part of Trump's legacy.  Incidentally, the CNN video is nearly useless.  The three people just rehash the same negative things we already know about.

And Yes, Trump will have a total legacy of primarily failures, corruption, divisiveness and evil.

As for as accomplishing what an inauguration speech promises, that is always pie in the sky.  Biden's may well be the same.

I hope we are able to come together as a nation, conquer Covid, restore the economy and improve both America and the world.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Probably not.  The two(?) pro-Trump threads will continue on, but possibly with title changes.

There are others who will continue to post anything that pops up on social media, the news or elsewhere about Trump - and there will be reporting and commentary.

Will Trump's Biggest Whoppers thread disappear?  I doubt it.

As for Trump disappearing; not going to happen.  Look at his activities since he got out of college.  He will not keep quiet.  Eventually he will bring suit against Twitter and they will give in and let him open his account again.