Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's pouty Farewell & Legacy ......

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So true.    Like some of the morons with TDS at this forum;   they will continue to talk about how bad Trump was for the rest of their lives.

Trump was indeed the worst President in US History (IMO),  but only those with stage 4 TDS,  have the need to bring up all of Trump's many follies,  over, and over, and over, and over again.   AND if one doesn't mention these over and over and over again,   these clowns assume one might be in Trump's camp.

Yeah, but in the MEANTIME here James, we STILL have approximately 24 hours as I type this here to express ALL our collective thoughts about how bad a POTUS fat boy was and WHILE the SOB is STILL in office!

And so, PLEASE don't be a freakin' wet blanket here until AFTER fat boy's GONE, dude!

(...and besides, I have a feelin' here that I'll be one of those people at this forum who might OCCASIONALLY bring up fat boy's name after he leaves the White House, but NOT because I'm a "moron" nor suffer from "TDS", but because and as I think YOU know, fat boy ISN'T "going away peacefully or quietly" and as have all previous Presidents have done in MY lifetime...and so because fat boy WILL continue to insinuate his fat butt within the Body Politic of this country, he'll be FAIR GAME within this forum's discussions ANY damn time he DOES...and you DAMN well know that he WILL, and because YOU aren't a "moron" EITHER!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What does Trump leave America with?  3 Judges that most people in America probably could care less about.  OR, a country on the brink of civil war because of his Big Lie and a half a million dead in a pandemic that he couldn't care less about?      "We have it under control."

What is Neville Chamberlain's legacy?  Some piece of legislature close to his heart or waving a piece of paper about on the tarmac after his visit with Hitler?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

What does Trump leave America with?  3 Judges that most people in America probably could care less about.

The appointment of conservative Supreme Court justices that might rule to "overturn"  Roe v Wade,    was THE majority policy reason Trump was supported by evangelicals.  If Trump didn't take an anti-abortion stance in 2016,  and select anti-abortion Pence as his V.P.   he likely would have been defeated by Clinton.      While the appointment of SC justices (as well as Federal judges),  was NOT much of an issue in 2016 (mainly due to Clinton's poor campaigning),  it was a major issue in 2020. 

Today a vast majority of women that are pro-choice care greatly about the selection of the 3 Justices Trump appointed.      I guess you forgot all of the talk from Dems related to the Biden \ Trump election that Dems should add justices to help balance the SC once Ginsburg passed.

No one said that Trump doesn't have some major negative aspects in his legacy.   AGAIN,    he will go down as the worst President in US history,  with the most negative legacy!!!!!

One's legacy is made up of many things.     

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

...One's legacy is made up of many things.     

Uh-huh, that's true. Take for instance my neighbor's Legacy which is made of many things such as an engine and bodywork and wheels and an interior at the Subaru factory in Lafayette Indiana.

AND,  the only reason I replied to this with this lame little joke was because I'm still waiting for your response to my above post. You know, the one up there about how fat boy will still be "fair game" to talk about around here after he continues to insinuate his fat butt within our country's Body Politic?!

And if no response IS to come, then I'll take it that I was successful in my attempt to get you to understand the errors in thought which you posted within it.

(...well, it's either THAT, or that you've very recently placed me on your ignore function) ;)

LOL

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

It takes a baby to know one.

Gee, what's NEXT here MM?

Somethin' like maybe "It bounces off me and sticks on you" from that keyboard of yours???

(...ya know, I wouldn't be at all surprised)

LOL

20 minutes ago, HIGHWAY said:

Ya know HIGHWAY, it's kind'a funny that you've brought this up here.

You see, during this time that fat boy has had his fat butt parked in the White house and screwin' up this country, for a while my feelings about Dubya here seemed to soften quite a bit, and probably due to doing comparisons with him and with fat boy.

However, just a few months ago and while watching an episode of PBS's American Experience series which chronicled Dubya's life and his tenure as POTUS (this series also did episodes on other recent Presidents), all those feelings I used to have about how dumb ol' Dubya here was just came FLOODING back.

(...and especially while watching the part where he started that needless little war over in Iraq)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

What does Trump leave America with?  3 Judges that most people in America probably could care less about.  OR, a country on the brink of civil war because of his Big Lie and a half a million dead in a pandemic that he couldn't care less about?      "We have it under control."

What is Neville Chamberlain's legacy?  Some piece of legislature close to his heart or waving a piece of paper about on the tarmac after his visit with Hitler?

The three justices on the Supreme Court turned the balance to a 6-3 in favor of ultra-conservatives.  If people in America "could care less about them," they are plain ignorant or stupid.  These justices and the other federal judges appointed by Trump will rule on abortion, voting rights, redistricting, environment, health care, safety, employee rights, taxes, guns, lobbying, regulations and a vast array of issues that affect Americans everyday. 

Not being an American, you apparently don't understand how the American legal system works.

You also do not understand that legacy is everything you leave behind.

12 minutes ago, ElCid said:

The three justices on the Supreme Court turned the balance to a 6-3 in favor of ultra-conservatives.  If people in America "could care less about them," they are plain ignorant or stupid.  These justices and the other federal judges appointed by Trump will rule on abortion, voting rights, redistricting, environment, health care, safety, employee rights, taxes, guns, lobbying, regulations and a vast array of issues that affect Americans everyday. 

Not being an American, you apparently don't understand how the American legal system works.

I understand all that perfectly well.  You and the other guy don't have to try to insult me again and again.  It is very boring.   Just put me on ignore, please.

I, like most of the news networks am saying that this will hardly be Trump's "legacy."

"Couldn't care less" is too strong I grant you, but putting it into perspective people are more interested in other things like surviving the pandemic.  Could most Americans even give you the names of the three Justices?  I doubt it.

AND ANYWAY.  Any ****ing Republican would have nominated those 3 Justices.  But not every Republican would encourage dough heads to storm the Capitol or ignore a pandemic.

But maybe this is something that you don't UNDERSTAND.  This is hardly worth even talking to you about.    Who the **** cares?  It seems like you are just trying to score points.

2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I understand all that perfectly well.  You and the other guy don't have to try to insult me again and again.  It is very boring.   Just put me on ignore, please.

I, like most of the news networks am saying that this will hardly be Trump's "legacy."

"Couldn't care less" is too strong I grant you, but putting it into perspective people are more interested in other things like surviving the pandemic.  Could most Americans even give you the names of the three Justices?  I doubt it.

AND ANYWAY.  Any ****ing Republican would have nominated those 3 Justices.  But not every Republican would encourage dough heads to storm the Capitol or ignore a pandemic.

But maybe this is something that you don't UNDERSTAND.  This is hardly worth even talking to you about.  

Maybe you should put us on ignore.  If someone posts something they need to realize that this is an exchange forum, not a classroom lecture from a professor.  So, you post and we reply; just as you reply to our posts.

Neither you nor the news networks nor any of us can determine what Trump's legacy will be.  However, those of us who are Americans and have lived here for all our lives understand the impact of presidential legacies.  We also understand the significance and tremendous impact of the Supreme Court and the Federal judiciary.  Incidentally those same news networks were upset and lamenting the judges and justices that trump was reporting.

A more moderate or less conservative Republican would likely not have nominated the three that Trump did.  Neither of the Bushs would have nor would Reagan have.

If there is something I don't 'UNDERSTAND," you need to be a whole lot clearer.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Good post.    The clown cries about being insulted but all he does in post after post is insult others.    

Cleary he has a poor understanding of American politics,  the legal system and Americans in general.    Hey,  our knowledge on these topics has flaws.   We can all learn something,  expect for this clown that appears to know-it-all,  but clearly doesn't. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

:unsure:

• President Donald Trump in a prerecorded farewell address touted his record on the economy and foreign policy.
  • But he glossed over the Capitol riot that consumed the final weeks of his presidency, and he did not mention his successor, Joe Biden, by name.
  • Trump also praised his administration’s efforts to combat the coronavirus pandemic, the death toll of which topped 400,000 earlier Tuesday.

..........“Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning,” he said........

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/trump-farewell-address-no-biden-mention-glosses-over-covid-deaths-capitol-riot.html

:huh:

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

:unsure:

So, I see as fat boy departs the premises, he JUST couldn't resist adding another one to his Big Lie List and one which I'm sure we'll begin to hear coming from his Faithful in short order whenever they'll begin singing his praises.

THIS one here:

"Another Administration would've taken three, four, five, maybe even up to ten years to develop a vaccine."

(...and so, as you leave here fat boy, I wish you well...and something I hope you'll soon fall into when no one is around..nope, and especially not Lassie)

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, I see as fat boy departs the premises, he JUST couldn't resist adding another one to his Big Lie List and one which I'm sure we'll begin to hear coming from his Faithful in short order whenever they'll begin singing his praises.

THIS one here:

"Another Administration would've taken three, four, five, maybe even up to ten years to develop a vaccine."

(...and so, as you leave here fat boy, I wish you well...and something I hope you'll soon fall into when no one is around..nope, and especially not Lassie)

Dogs like trump about as much as he likes them. I don't think you'd have to worry about Lassie doing anything if she heard a voice from a well yell, "Hey, I'm a stable genius. Get me outta here!"

05bruni2-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

• Like 2

EP-302099894.jpg?MaxW=600&MaxH=600

"I wish this smiling phoney would stop fondling me. As soon as he sets me down boy am I going to leave something under his desk for him."

• Like 1
On 1/19/2021 at 6:11 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Good post.    The clown cries about being insulted but all he does in post after post is insult others.    

Cleary he has a poor understanding of American politics,  the legal system and Americans in general.    Hey,  our knowledge on these topics has flaws.   We can all learn something,  expect for this clown that appears to know-it-all,  but clearly doesn't. 

No one forced you to rehash this.  It is not the difference of opinion and dialogue that I object to it is the insults like "clown" or "you cannot understand" when the things you are talking about are hardly rocket science and ANYONE could understand them.

I've often had to correct you because it is obvious that you haven't even bothered to read a post correctly.  I guess you don't like that but that is because you have a chip on your shoulder about your own comprehension abilities or lack thereof.  I'm sorry that I had to say that, but there it is.

The pair of you trade in personal insults all the time.  Especially you.