Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Left-wing activist charged in Capitol riot

A left-wing activist who told Fox News last week that he’d followed a pro-Trump mob into the Capitol in order to "document" the siege is now the subject of a criminal complaint in connection with his alleged participation, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

John Sullivan can allegedly be heard egging on protesters in video he provided to the FBI, according to a federal criminal complaint. He has also shared the video to his YouTube and Twitter accounts under the pseudonym Jayden X.

He was charged Thursday in federal court in Washington after being arrested by the FBI. He remains in custody in Toeele County, in his home state of Utah, on a U.S. Marshals Service hold request.

James Sullivan, the man’s brother, told Fox 13 News that he gave tips about his brother to the Salt Lake City FBI. James Sullivan said he found out that his brother was at the Capitol when friends posted pictures online.

The FBI’s Salt Lake City office did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News seeking comment.

Inside the building, he told rioters that "We got to get this s--- burned," and "it’s our house m------------," according to an affidavit signed by FBI Special Agent Matthew Foulger.

He faces federal charges of civil disorder, entering a restricted building and violent entry or disorderly conduct.

I thought there might be Democrats causing trouble at the Capitol, just like they did at last summer's riots. I hope they figure out how this was all coordinated.

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

John Sullivan gave the same BS excuse Richard Barnett did, to document, give me a break.

I agree,  but isn't it ironic that for the first time in their lives these Trumpers followed the advise of a left wing activist.

Now that is funny.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

I thought there might be Democrats causing trouble at the Capitol, just like they did at last summer's riots. I hope they figure out how this was all coordinated.

It must have made your day to come across this singular dope who couldn't tell his left from his right.

(NOTE) The website of John Sullivan's "Insurgence USA" looks to me like a recently developed attempt to make the man look like a "leftist" activist.
The site says *its entire reason for being* is to honor the life of... ..."Gorge Floyd."
Yes, it really says that. I smell a rat.

(PS) As you can see in the comments to my post—and can confirm with a basic Google
—it looks like Sullivan's brother is tied to the Proud Boys.
I don't think it'll take much digging to place Sullivan's loyalties in exactly the same spot.

I fear this is all a "Stop the Steal" scam.

(PS2) Note that as soon as Sullivan was arrested, far-right agitators immediately picked up the story as a "leftist" agitator who'd been promoted by CNN on-air getting arrested.

But a basic Google search suggests Sullivan's whole schtick was a Roger Stone-inspired "dirty trick."

:unsure:

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

(NOTE) The website of John Sullivan's "Insurgence USA" looks to me like a recently developed attempt to make the man look like a "leftist" activist.
The site says *its entire reason for being* is to honor the life of... ..."Gorge Floyd."
Yes, it really says that. I smell a rat.

(PS) As you can see in the comments to my post—and can confirm with a basic Google
—it looks like Sullivan's brother is tied to the Proud Boys.
I don't think it'll take much digging to place Sullivan's loyalties in exactly the same spot.

I fear this is all a "Stop the Steal" scam.

(PS2) Note that as soon as Sullivan was arrested, far-right agitators immediately picked up the story as a "leftist" agitator who'd been promoted by CNN on-air getting arrested.

But a basic Google search suggests Sullivan's whole schtick was a Roger Stone-inspired "dirty trick."

Replying to
Interesting, in October John Sullivan's supposedly "left wing" group InsurgenceUSA
was selling MAGA crap.

So he's an anarchist and opportunist.

Not an activist. Not "lefty."

• Haha 1