Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stupid lines from movies.

(Alone, after realizing her mistake that the man she threw out was doing the right thing all along):

"Oh, Eddie--You're not 'yellow'...You're WHITE!  😢 "

- Broadway Melody (1929)

4 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well, in THAT case, I'd say it's sure hard to beat THIS one then...

OIP.sVUw2NhrneFZcCHULGOVRAAAAA?pid=Api&r"

"You see? You SEE?! Your stupid minds! STUPID! STUPID!"

One of the worst lines I've ever seen delivered by a pompous alien.

The "stupid minds, stupid, stupid!" sound bite was my alert sound when I was a Mac tech. I liked loading it into unsuspecting employees desktops.

(that and "I want a BIG one" from this)

Actually got in trouble when the boss heard that one^^

Ed Wood films are rife with stupid lines, no surprise there: "Pull The String" (wha?) and Tor's perfect line, "Time for Go To Bed"

• Like 4

Just to let you know that the brilliance to be found in the dialogue of Ed Wood films extends far beyond Plan 9 from Outer Space, here's a pip delivered by Bela Lugosi in GLEN OR GLENDA. Apparently the actor didn't have a clue what he was talking about when he sat before the camera to spout the lines given to him by an excited Wood.

"Bevare! Bevare of the big green dragon that sits on your doorstep. He eats little boys, puppy dog tails and big fat snails. Bevare, take care. Bevaaaare!"

951c02ca4979b9afafc15f8ced2c5cff--ed-woo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yet this is a film that strangely works for me. Just yesterday (wearing a mask, of course) I was standing outside a store window, tempted to buy an angora sweater I saw on display.

BEVAAAAARE!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In BUtterfield 8, Laurence Harvey barks into the phone:  "You've GOT to tell me where she is!  It's a matter of LIFE AND DEATH!"

Eddie Fisher to Elizabeth Taylor:  "I'm sick of opening up that door every other day and finding you boozed up, burned out and ugly."

I remember getting a laugh out of little Tommy Cruise's line here and as he's attempting to intimidate Val Kilmer in this scene from Top Gun...

(...uh-huh, yeah, sure little Tommy...you're real "dangerous" aren't ya!)  LOL

On 1/18/2021 at 8:05 AM, TikiSoo said:

and Tor's perfect line, "Time for Go To Bed"

Um, that bit of sheep-like hive-mind MST3K parroting was actually from The Unearthly (1957), as Tor Johnson didn't technically have any lines in "Bride of the Monster".

He did get work elsewhere, you know.    😉

"Ernest Goes To Camp" (1987)

Nurse St. Cloud ....

2mctwue0r4q8cmwq.jpg?skj2io4l

...played by Victoria Racimo telling part of her Native American culture.

And that was the ritual of the Blade, the Stone, and the Arrow.

p5nofguq4fcyqufo.jpg?skj2io4l

Ernest stupid reply...

Like in our culture: Paper, Rock, Scissors.

l-intro-1606767716.jpg

A lot of people liked Kevin Costner's "Long, slow, wet kisses that last three days" (or whatever it was) monologue from "Bull Durham" but I've always thought it was terrible.  Prime example of a writer writing a slab of dialogue that no one would ever actually say.  Rest of that movie's a terrific snappy screenplay, but that line, not so much.

• Like 1

Since I just watched it again the other night.

From SHAUN OF THE DEAD

Shaun: You know, I don't think I've got it in me to shoot my flatmate, my mum, and my girlfriend all in the same night.

See the source image

On 1/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, slaytonf said:

Do you know the movie? [ take off your clothes and come and tell me all about it ] approx quote

Quite sure it is SOME LIKE IT HOT, on the train. I didn't research this. I think I actually know this without looking. Now watch me be wrong.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, MrMagoo said:

From SHAUN OF THE DEAD

Shaun: You know, I don't think I've got it in me to shoot my flatmate, my mum, and my girlfriend all in the same night.

No, no,  no.  That is a *great* line.