Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wait, I thought Phil Spector was already dead.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Austin Power's male relatives

:lol:

140924-phil-specter-combo-1225p_19bf72a0

the one on the left austin affectionately refers to as 'Gramps'. the one in the middle he calls 'Goldie'.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Polly of the Precodes said:

Those are all wigs. Which means that at one time for another, he CHOSE to look like that.

I remember reading an article at the time that mentioned he was doing this as a way to try to bolster his insanity defense.

In which case, I gotta say...
 

(Personally, I would’ve loved to have seen Phil as Tina Turner circa her WHAT’S LOVE? period)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I was surprised, with everything going on in the world right now  (1/19/21) this is actually the lead story on slate.com:

https://slate.com/culture/2021/01/phil-spector-dead-murderer-producer-wall-of-sound.html

That's an interesting article. Phil Spector's music was everywhere during my youth.  Similar to the situation with Bill Cosby, who knew someone who brought us so much entertainment and joy could be harboring such demons.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

That's an interesting article. Phil Spector's music was everywhere during my youth.  Similar to the situation with Bill Cosby, who knew someone who brought us so much entertainment and joy could be harboring such demons.  

note: this is one of the most beautiful songs i have ever heard

also note: i chose this video because the THUMBNAIL PHOTO FOR IT SPEAKS 1,000 WORDS, however the accompanying images in the video are of RONNIE and the RONETTES performing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

 

(Personally, I would’ve loved to have seen Phil as Tina Turner circa her WHAT’S LOVE? period)

Nah.  He was in NO WAY muscular enough!

Sepiatone

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

note: this is one of the most beautiful songs i have ever heard

also note: i chose this video because the THUMBNAIL PHOTO FOR IT SPEAKS 1,000 WORDS, however the accompanying images in the video are of RONNIE and the RONETTES performing.

Well, SOME of those 1,000 words here Lorna are saying to me that this thumbnail photo makes the creepy little dude in his younger days, looked a lot like Pat Sajak.

(...doncha think?)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, SOME of those 1,000 words here Lorna are saying to me that this thumbnail photo makes the creepy little dude in his younger days, looked a lot like Pat Sajak.

(...doncha think?)

Yeah, I can see it!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Polly of the Precodes said:

Those are all wigs. Which means that at one time for another, he CHOSE to look like that.

I believe SPECTOR was thrown through a windshield in the mid 70s, his scalp was nearly torn off.  After that, he got much crazier.  And wore crazy wigs to hide scars.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I really hate to admit this, but if you don't look too closely at the middle pic it looks a bit like

Anthony Kiedis.  Oh the horror.

Methinks I also detect a touch of ROBERT BLAKE  in YOUNG PHIL SPECTOR, or maybe I’m just free associating.

also, Sadly I am on my phone and cannot post a picture but he sort of also kind of resembles UNCLE FESTER in ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES after Joan Cusack makes him get that Elton John hair transplant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I REALLY WISH I could post that picture, because the resemblance is uncanny now that I see it.

Here ya go, Lorna. Christopher Lloyd as Uncle Fester post his Cy Sperling encounter in that movie...

740full-addams-family-values-screenshot.

(...yeah, I'd say there IS some resemblence here too, alright!)

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Here ya go, Lorna. Christopher Lloyd as Uncle Fester post his Cy Sperling encounter...

740full-addams-family-values-screenshot.

(...yeah, I'd say there IS some resemblence here, alright!)

 

YES!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

That is the exact image I wanted to post!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Methinks I also detect a touch of ROBERT BLAKE  in YOUNG PHIL SPECTOR, or maybe I’m just free associating.

also, Sadly I am on my phone and cannot post a picture but he sort of also kind of resembles UNCLE FESTER in ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES after Joan Cusack makes him get that Elton John hair transplant.

Maybe a bit. Perhaps what Spector really needed was Blake's lawyer. In that photo young Phil

looks like your typical nerdy kid who's trying to look cool and not having much success at it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Maybe a bit. Perhaps what Spector really needed was Blake's lawyer. In that photo young Phil

looks like your typical nerdy kid who's trying to look cool and not having much success at it. 

Yeah maybe, but even the worst of lawyers would know that the ol' "I left my gun inside that Italian restaurant" alibi is only a one-time-use sort'a thing.

(...and unfortunately for Phil, little Bobby used it first!)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And speaking of little Bobby Blake here...

After he was acquitted, I'd occasionally encountered him traipsing around a little roadhouse venue along Mulholland Hwy which catered to us motorcyclists and known as the Rock Store. Jay Leno shows up there on the weekends too quite a bit, and along with more than few other Hollywood actors who'd occasionally show up there on their bikes. 

Little Bobby looked as withered and worn out by life as anyone you'd ever see...well okay, maybe not quite as badly as Spector looked during and after HIS little encounter with The Law, but pretty darn close anyway.

Well anyway, my friend, a doctor in SoCal with a beautiful collection of 25 classic motorcyles, has always liked the movie Electra Glide in Blue and he has the following poster from the film hanging up in his garage...

electra-glide-in-blue_2.jpg

Phil, my friend NOT the little twerp who killed Lana Clarkson, once walked up to Blake and asked him if he'd mind autographing the poster if he brought it to the Rock Store, and Blake said he WOULD...for 50 bucks.

(...and thus confirming in my mind the thought that life can sure end up being tough, show on one's face and can sure take their toll in many regards when they make some questionable life decisions along the way)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah maybe, but even the worst of lawyers would know that the ol' "I left my gun inside that Italian restaurant" alibi is only a one-time-use sort'a thing.

(...and unfortunately for Phil, little Bobby used it first!)

The early bird......The ol' "I left my gun inside that Italian restaurant" beats "there's a dead body in my house"

every time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...