Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

the hateful anti-trump rhetoric coming from those people is simply astounding. okay, they never liked him or his policies but to lower yourself to such pettiness is just ugly.

I will simply be crushed when months from now they have to work up the courage to begin acting like journalists again (if they ever really did) and have to report negatively about Biden.

:)

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

the hateful anti-trump rhetoric coming from those people is simply astounding. okay, they never liked him or his policies but to lower yourself to such pettiness is just ugly.

I will simply be crushed when months from now they have to work up the courage to begin acting like journalists again (if they ever really did) and have to report negatively about Biden.

:)

 

If you don't like CNN why do you waste your time watching it all the time?

Why don't you watch Fox or some other cable news channel that will View things the way you do, instead of giving the facts and telling the truth?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Actually Nip, they only lowered their pettiness to just a hair or three above the level TRUMP'S pettiness is.

Sepiatone

So true.      In addition CNN decided to get into a contest of who could be more over-the-top with Fox.    

It is understandable since Trump clearly baited CNN over and over again,  but after a while I expected CNN to stop taking the bait.  Instead they just swallowed larger chunks.

Hopefully with Trump out of office,  CNN can get back to practicing journalism most of the time (especially in Prime time).

E.g. will they have a panel most nights discussing every move Biden makes?   I hope not.

 

 

  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

If you don't like CNN why do you waste your time watching it all the time?

Why don't you watch Fox or some other cable news channel that will View things the way you do, instead of giving the facts and telling the truth?

Ya know Princess, I have to say I'm not fond of your "suggestion" here and because and as I'm sure you know, it's been THIS very practice by the public in recent years which has been the cause of so much of the polarization and the hardening of opinions in this country.

And sure, I realized your point here was to imply the thought that Fox News doesn't report the "facts" and "truth" to the degree of which  perhaps CNN does or might.

(...BUT because as I'm sure we also all know, with the Nipster here not exactly being as they say "the sharpest knife in the drawer", he just MIGHT take your little suggestion here to heart and actually begin DOING it, and so then ANY chance that he might have had to listen to an alternative POV which might upset him and as he mentioned earlier BUT which at the SAME time could perhaps expand his world view, would never come about, and THUS the poor deluded guy will just become yet another example of our country's apparent march toward this aforementioned polarization)  

LOL

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I doubt he even glances at CNN. Just wanted to vent.

Yeah maybe, but THEN the question would be by what means did our "duller knife" here get the idea that CNN constantly "hates" and "lies" about his fat boy savior IF he's never watched that channel?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah maybe, but THEN the question would be by what means did our "duller knife" here get the idea that CNN constantly "hates" and "lies" about his fat boy savior IF he's never watched that channel?

His leader....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hibi said:

I doubt he even glances at CNN. Just wanted to vent.

the only cable news outlet I ever have on is CNN. I find Fox's bias insulting because conservative common sense does not need to be helped in any way so I never watch it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the only cable news outlet I ever have on is CNN. I find Fox's bias insulting because conservative common sense does not need to be helped in any way so I never watch it.

Interesting.

So, in other words here Nip, you're on the constant search to see what "the enemy of the people" (and as of course how your old fearless leader fat boy Donny, aka your "American Savior", would put it) is saying about things, RIGHT???

(...well, in THAT case, I suppose I'll have to give you a little credit here for NOT being as "dull a knife" as I first thought, huh!)  ;)

LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So true.      In addition CNN decided to get into a contest of who could be more over-the-top with Fox.    

It is understandable since Trump clearly baited CNN over and over again,  but after a while I expected CNN to stop taking the bait.  Instead they just swallowed larger chunks.

Hopefully with Trump out of office,  CNN can get back to practicing journalism most of the time (especially in Prime time).

E.g. will they have a panel most nights discussing every move Biden makes?   I hope not.

Try Newsy, it seems to be tamer than the rest and potentially more neutral.

 

  

Amen, brother.  I am totally fed up with the panels on news programs.  On the other hand, I will now be able to devote more time to watching TCM!

The daytime news programs are not great, but not near as bad as the nighttime ones as far as ranting and raving and talking endlessly about the same thing.  Now get back to actual national and world news.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the only cable news outlet I ever have on is CNN. I find Fox's bias insulting because conservative common sense does not need to be helped in any way so I never watch it.

Conservative common sense is an interesting oxymoron, and it's alliterative too  !!!. Conservatism is too ideologically extreme and therefore is often not conducive to common sense. Is bigotry good enough for ya?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Check out Newsmax. It's where distinguished nutjobs go to get their full wingnut on. 

Ya know Vautrin, I've tried watching that channel myself!

(...BUT,  I found that the dumb blonde chicks reporting their version of the "news" on THAT channel aren't NEARLY as hot lookin' as those who are on Fox News)

LOL

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Ya know Vautrin, I've tried watching that channel myself!

(...BUT,  I found that the dumb blonde chicks reporting their version of the "news" on THAT channel aren't NEARLY as hot lookin' as those who on Fox News)

LOL

7 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Check out Newsmax. It's where distinguished nutjobs go to get their full wingnut on. 

"CNN - The most trusted name in news."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ElCid said:

"CNN - The most trusted name in news."

And REMEMBER here folks, you CAN'T spell "trusted" without that letter 'u'!

(...and which in THIS case would not be superfluous)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Ya know Vautrin, I've tried watching that channel myself!

(...BUT,  I found that the dumb blonde chicks reporting their version of the "news" on THAT channel aren't NEARLY as hot lookin' as those who are on Fox News)

LOL

I don't watch Fox News so I don't know how hot some of their women hosts are. The ones on Newsmax are okay.

I guess Fox was there first. Bannon used to have one of the nuttiest shows on Newsmax, War Room:Pandemic.

It went off the air a few months ago and hasn't been on since. It made the other Newsmax programs look almost

sane. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're going to have a press conference in a couple of hours. Do you think President Biden will suggest that people inject themselves with bleach?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No network is completely trustworthy, though I think CNN is among the best. Of course the evening

shows like Cuomo and Lemon are opinion based, but at least the opinions are based on facts and not

nutty conspiracy theories. I do admit that the bromance between Christ Cuomo and D. Lemon can get

a bit icky at times. I won't be watching them tonight, going to catch the Miss Marple marathon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, this whole thing reminds me of something which I've come to believe has greatly contributed to this whole cultural phenomenon of "Polarization" we in this country are experiencing of late.

Tell me here folks. WHAT ever became of the concept of people having "a healthy sense of suspicion" in regards to any and all bits of information which they might receive, and from any and all sources from which they receive it?

Doesn't it seem that more and more people in recent years are inclined to take the information they receive from their perferred source and think of it as "gospel"?

(...something to ponder anyway)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Swithin said:

They're going to have a press conference in a couple of hours. Do you think President Biden will suggest that people inject themselves with bleach?

 

Now Swithin. Don't you know that fat boy's words there are taken out of context?

Remember here, fat boy PREFACED that comment and many OTHER comments he made while his fat butt was parked in the White House with the words, "I've heard".

And so, by his use of those two words, any and all comments following those two words would by default remove any and all responsibility he'd have for either the truthfulness or lack thereof which those following words would convey to the public.

And so in closing, I must say that I'm surprised that such a learned man as yourself would stoop to such tactics as this in order to make a point.

(...AND that evidently YOU must be a regular viewer of CNN, TOO!)  ;)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Now Swithin. Don't you know that fat boy's words there are taken out of context?

Remember here, fat boy PREFACED that comment and many OTHER comments he made while his fat butt was parked in the White House with the words, "I've heard".

And so, by his use of those two words, any and all comments following those two words would by default remove any and all responsibility he'd have for either the truthfulness or lack thereof which those following words would convey to the public.

And so in closing, I must say that I'm surprised that such a learned man as yourself would stoop to such tactics as this in order to make a point.

(...AND that evidently YOU must be a regular viewer of CNN, TOO!)  ;)

 

Dargo old man, if you thought he prefaced the remark with I've heard," I'm afraid that was an incorrect rumour. Here, in all candour, is the exact quote:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Dargo old man, if you thought he prefaced the remark with I've heard," I'm afraid that was an incorrect rumour. Here, in all candour, is the exact quote:

 

Yep, after subjecting myself to this painfully inarticulate man-child's presence here (and hopefully for one of the last few times in my life), I have to admit he never said those two words, Swithin. Yep, have to admit you're right here, alright.

(...question here though...could you NOT have instead just found the transcript of this and so I wouldn't have had to LOOK AT and LISTEN TO the sorry SOB here???!!!) 

;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...