Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I’ll have to look at this more closely later, looks like Doris Day is SOTM. 

Thanks Movie Collector! 

YAY!!!

• Like 1

I'm curious about TCM's "Reframed" spotlight. I'm wondering if these are films that could be perceived as "outdated" or controversial due to their content and TCM is going to provide some context in which to present these films in a different light? If so, I'd welcome these presentations.  There's nothing wrong with providing some critical thinking behind some more "loaded" films.

Noir Alley:

3/6 Killer's Kiss

3/13 The Night Holds Terror

3/21 The Third Man

3/28 Pepe Le Moko

3/2  1930s Funny Ladies theme.  A lot of great pre-code in here.  I'm especially excited about Joan Blondell and Thelma Todd.

3/3 Dennis Morgan Theme. I'm especially interested in One More Tomorrow co-starring Ann Sheridan, which I haven't seen.  I'm also interested in Pretty Baby w/ Morgan and Zachary Scott.

3/4 Adventure.  A Greer Garson movie I haven't seen.

3/8 Girl Shy Bashful, two Harold Lloyd shorts I haven't seen

3/10 The Dunwich Horror, Sandra Dee in a horror movie? 

3/10 Paris, Texas.  I've heard a lot about this movie but I've never seen it

3/24 Foxes.  I am here for scandalous teen movies.

3/24 Pre-Code Musicals

3/25 Sydney Greenstreet & Peter Lorre films. I am happy this is scheduled in primetime.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I'm curious about TCM's "Reframed" spotlight. I'm wondering if these are films that could be perceived as "outdated" or controversial due to their content and TCM is going to provide some context in which to present these films in a different light? If so, I'd welcome these presentations.  There's nothing wrong with providing some critical thinking behind some more "loaded" films.

Noir Alley:

3/6 Killer's Kiss

3/13 The Night Holds Terror

3/21 The Third Man

3/28 Pepe Le Moko

3/2  1930s Funny Ladies theme.  A lot of great pre-code in here.  I'm especially excited about Joan Blondell and Thelma Todd.

3/3 Dennis Morgan Theme. I'm especially interested in One More Tomorrow co-starring Ann Sheridan, which I haven't seen.  I'm also interested in Pretty Baby w/ Morgan and Zachary Scott.

3/4 Adventure.  A Greer Garson movie I haven't seen.

3/8 Girl Shy Bashful, two Harold Lloyd shorts I haven't seen

3/10 The Dunwich Horror, Sandra Dee in a horror movie? 

3/10 Paris, Texas.  I've heard a lot about this movie but I've never seen it

3/24 Foxes.  I am here for scandalous teen movies.

3/24 Pre-Code Musicals

3/25 Sydney Greenstreet & Peter Lorre films. I am happy this is scheduled in primetime.

The Dunwich Horror was the last film Sandra Dee made (I think) An AIP horror film.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Hibi said:

The Dunwich Horror was the last film Sandra Dee made (I think) An AIP horror film.

I’m not particularly big into horror, but I love Sandra Dee and I’m curious to see her older. 

24 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I’m not particularly big into horror, but I love Sandra Dee and I’m curious to see her older. 

I wouldnt expect much as its AIP. I think I saw part of it years ago, but dont remember anything about it.

21 hours ago, lydecker said:

Pre-Code musicals!?  Great theme and I feel like an idiot that I never thought of it.

I'm not certain they're all musicals.  Spring Is Here definitely is (and isn't very good), but I don't recall any musical numbers in Hot Heiress (interesting for Walter Pidgeon oddly cast) or She Had to Say Yes.

• Thanks 1
On 1/21/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fedya said:

I'm not certain they're all musicals.  Spring Is Here definitely is (and isn't very good), but I don't recall any musical numbers in Hot Heiress (interesting for Walter Pidgeon oddly cast) or She Had to Say Yes.

I would consider HOT HEIRESS a musical. It definitely has songs. In fact, one has the immortal line "She could love a plumber, or someone even dumber".

But SHE HAD TO SAY YES really isn't a musical.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 12:22 PM, cody1949 said:

I still haven't found a workable link to the monthly March schedule. Could someone kindly post it that doesn't flash in and out. Thanks.

I always save the entire page as a "web archive" and "export as PDF" onto my desktop for perusal later. Surely, you can figure that out after Ohio has already gone through all the trouble of translating TCMs file of links. Sheesh.

I used to export the file as text only to get rid of the hyperlinks, but it messed with the (html) format even more.

Well, it's time to dive into what's essential viewing for March....