Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I am practically giddy with happiness that we have SURVIVED. It is time for celebrations all around the country and all around the world. Unfortunately, COVID-19 which XXXX so egregiously underestimated prevents that. But the energy is there. It is in the air.  There should be a world-wide ZOOM meeting (or meetings). Even if everyone just sat there and said nothing. Just to contemplate how lucky we are on this day

🌤️

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I'm for inviting the covid virus itself so it doan feel left out.

:lol:

Invite Covid to share a tuna sandwich with you.  Then you can have one more similarity to your mancrush Donald Trump,  you too can be infected with it.  But you will never get the care he got!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of celebrating, should be humbled by this outbreak in with all the advances of modern medicine it shows how vulnerable man is from disease.  We are lucky this wasn't a high mortality virus and now that it takes about 9 months to produce a vaccine, what about future pandemics that may not let us off as easy.  Think the the Black Death is a thing of the Middle Ages - think again.

Compared to the predicted mutated Avian flu, covid-19 was a cake walk.

(and what about some we don't know about)

 

About this being a social test....we failed. 

200630-coronavirus-arizona-se-520p_09072

455518

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can celebrate both, especially since it appears that Biden will be more effective in combating disease than the Disgraced-Ex-President-Reject.

Speaking of the Ex-President-Reject, how nice to know that the only thing he did today that was worth knowing was to ignominiously  get out of Dodge. After that, nothing. How refreshing is that! We shall surely hear about him during the Senate Trial (if we have one) and we shall surely be informed if he is convicted and jailed. But we don't be hearing all the blather. Let's hope he never gets his Twitter account back, since he is also the Insurrectionist-Select for the Berserker Nation crowd. As for a future in politics, the ReTrumplicans are not likely to take him back. He can do damage as a third-party candidate but he will at least never again win the Presidency. Ever, and for that we can be truly grateful.

🌤️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, laffite said:

We can celebrate both, especially since it appears that Biden will be more effective in combating disease than the Disgraced-Ex-President-Reject.

Speaking of the Ex-President-Reject, how nice to know that the only thing he did today that was worth knowing was to ignominiously  get out of Dodge. After that, nothing. How refreshing is that! We shall surely hear about him during the Senate Trial (if we have one) and we shall surely be informed if he is convicted and jailed. But we don't be hearing all the blather. Let's hope he never gets his Twitter account back, since he is also the Insurrectionist-Select for the Berserker Nation crowd. As for a future in politics, the ReTrumplicans are not likely to take him back. He can do damage as a third-party candidate but he will at least never again win the Presidency. Ever, and for that we can be truly grateful.

🌤️

Never say never.  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  He was never supposed to win the GOP nomination, but he did.  He was never supposed to win the presidency, but he did.  He came very close to winning reelection.  He will be a factor in the Republican Party, if he chooses to be.  Hopefully not a major one, but who knows.  He got the deplorables to the polls during the primaries when the other candidates could not get their people there.  Remember Jeb Bush?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad for a return to decency, normality, and dignity in the office, regardless of policy positions.  We now have a president who treats the office and the country with respect, rather than as a 4 year long reality TV show.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Instead of celebrating, should be humbled by this outbreak in with all the advances of modern medicine it shows how vulnerable man is from disease.  We are lucky this wasn't a high mortality virus

 

:o  WHAT! With over 400,000 dead in the U.S. and 2 million+ deaths worldwide,  you don't think it a "high mortality" virus?  Plus considering it's FAR from being done with!  And you also add "wasn't" as if you're talking about something long gone and in the past!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

:o  WHAT! With over 400,000 dead in the U.S. and 2 million+ deaths worldwide,  you don't think it a "high mortality" virus?  Plus considering it's FAR from being done with!  And you also add "wasn't" as if you're talking about something long gone and in the past!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

When I mean high mortality try 40 - 60% of Earth's population.

At PRESENT it's hard to transmit H5N1 person to person but it's an antigen away for not being so.  You thought we had an over burdened healthcare system before!

 

Doctor who discovered Ebola warns of new deadly diseases

https://abc7.com/ebola-doctor-viruses-deadly/8988985/

 

Oh that air travel scenario again!

December 23, 2020

 

Of course we can continue to...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb0FHCmHUrtbMl3cf6Rzt

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Never say never.  The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  He was never supposed to win the GOP nomination, but he did.  He was never supposed to win the presidency, but he did.  He came very close to winning reelection.  He will be a factor in the Republican Party, if he chooses to be.  Hopefully not a major one, but who knows.  He got the deplorables to the polls during the primaries when the other candidates could not get their people there.  Remember Jeb Bush?

I always say never and have never been wrong. Always.

Highly unlikely, then.

Better?

:)

//

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

“I never thought I would be moved to tears watching a Democratic president get sworn in, but I was.

It just felt so good to hear someone who understands and loves this country and constitution,

and is an honorable person, take the oath. I’m praying for healing.”

Scott Dudley, senior pastor at Bellevue Presbyterian Church, Bellevue, WA

[source: NYT 22Jan2012]

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Liz Cheney and some of these other R who voted to impeach and who are now be threatened with violence by their own party would JUST CHANGE PARTIES.

Oh, what an occasion to celebrate.

And has pasty-faced Mitchie Mitchereeno turned the Senate over the Democrats yet. I wish the Secret Service or local police, anybody, would handcuff him and take to jail.

Wow, what a celebration that would be !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, laffite said:

I wish Liz Cheney and some of these other R who voted to impeach and who are now be threatened with violence by their own party would JUST CHANGE PARTIES.

Oh, what an occasion to celebrate.

And has pasty-faced Mitchie Mitchereeno turned the Senate over the Democrats yet. I wish the Secret Service or local police, anybody, would handcuff him and take to jail.

Wow, what a celebration that would be !!!

Uh,  if Liz Cheney was to change parties and remain in Wyoming, she would have to change professions. 

Even if she did, what would there be to celebrate?     The GOP would still win the seat in that very-red WY district.   

While I praise Cheney for doing the right thing,   most likely her political career is dust.   She might be able to move to a purple state and get elected,  but the odds are low even for that.  Her policy stances are very conservative (which might save her in the 2022 GOP primary,,, but only if Trumpism takes a major hit in that state).

As you said in the other post;  the current GOP has no principles,   and therefor GOP pols like Cheney can't survive.        

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh, ...

Is she is dust, what's the harm of changing parities? She will hold her seat for at least two years and can vote to sway the balance of the Senate. And maybe she can induce, by example, for other R to do the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, laffite said:

Is she is dust, what's the harm of changing parities? She will hold her seat for at least two years and can vote to sway the balance of the Senate. And maybe she can induce, by example, for other R to do the same.

Cheney is very conservative and the Dem Party has few, if any, conservatives and none as conservative as she is.  Not sure what you mean by "vote to sway the balance of the Senate."  She is in the House.  As a career politician daughter of a career politician and at least second generation Republican, I don't see her being attracted to the Democratic Party at all.

She just recognized that Trump had gone too far and that he had indeed violated his oath of office and incited an insurrection with the intent of having a coup and keeping himself in office.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Is she is dust, what's the harm of changing parities? She will hold her seat for at least two years and can vote to sway the balance of the Senate. And maybe she can induce, by example, for other R to do the same.

Uh,  Cheney isn't a Senator.   She is a member of the House.     Anyhow,  she wouldn't want to change parties because she doesn't support the vast majority of the Dem agenda.  Again,  she is a conservative.     She just happens to be one with the guts to see Trump for what he is,   say that publicly and vote accordingly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...