Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, seein' as how so far we have a Chrysler and a GM product here (both very cool cars, btw), I suppose I should now post a pic from another of the Big Three, and which would be just one of the many cars from many of the automobile manufacturers from around the world which I could rightly call my "dream cars". And so without further ado...

ca0816-259723_1@2x.jpg

• Like 1

Since the old early '60's TV show VALENTINE'S DAY turned me into a fan of actor ANTHONY FRANCIOSA, it too made me a lifetime drooler over this car!  ;) 

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Plymouth_Duster-.jpg

The purple paint peeled after 24 months or so and they were terribly unreliable.  Pretty though.  Personally I preferred the Dodge Challenger - I owned a 71.

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Edsel - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL

;)

Okay then, James. Answer the following question about your dream car here, then:

What was the old joke back in the day about what the front of the Edsel looked like?

(...and extra points if you tell me and without lookin' it up on the net, the last model year of this short-lived FoMoCo brand)

56 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

;)

Okay then, James. Answer the following question about your dream car here, then:

What was the old joke back in the day about what the front of the Edsel looked like?

(...and extra points if you tell me and without lookin' it up on the net, the last model year of this short-lived FoMoCo brand)

Didn't Seinfeld have a running gag related to what that Edsel grill reminds me of?

10 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Didn't Seinfeld have a running gag related to what that Edsel grill reminds me of?

How would Seinfeld know what the  Edsel grill reminds YOU of?    You guys talk to each other a lot?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

;)

More than one, but you are probably referring to the one about human anatomy.

Last year for the Edsel was 1959, but it was actually 1960 models they made just to satisfy dealer commitments.  Back then new cars came out about Sept. of year preceding the year for the model year.

Edsel was not actually a failure, it just came out at the wrong time.  It was a lower middle price car and ran head on into the 1958 recession.   Sales were actually fairly good, but not what Ford had expected.  Then the grill and manufacturing defects didn't help.  It was placed between Ford and Mercury.

Actually here guys, the old joke about the front of the Edsel I was refering to earlier was, "It looked like an Oldsmobile sucking a lemon".

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

aa030d715c36d719023018400654e6c8.jpg

There were a lot of these around when I was a kid.

In the early '90s and the second time I visited Munich, my wife and I happened upon an Isetta rally taking place in the parking lot of the BMW museum there.

(...there were scores of these cute little suckers there that day)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SansFin said:

bqsicMA.jpg

Ah, the "Volks Panzer"!

(...always good for invading, ahem, I mean visiting nearby countries)  ;)

• Like 1

I should perhaps say that my current vehicle is: 1966 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Four-Door Hardtop. It is nineteen feet long and weighs: 4,250 pounds. It is a loaner while front end of my automobile is being rebuilt. I was told this would require up to three weeks. I was told that in November.  Is it any wonder that I dream of driving itsy-bitsy things?

31 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I should perhaps say that my current vehicle is: 1966 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Four-Door Hardtop. It is nineteen feet long and weighs: 4,250 pounds. It is a loaner while front end of my automobile is being rebuilt. I was told this would require up to three weeks. I was told that in November.  Is it any wonder that I dream of driving itsy-bitsy things?

Yeah, those mid-'60s "Yank Tanks" don't come too much bigger, longer and heavier than that alright, Sans.

And speaking of which...

While I've always preferred driving smaller and sporter and better handling cars myself (you might remember I've owned for many years now a Porsche 550 Spyder replica similar to the one James Dean met his maker in), I gotta say even though the following is also a big, long and heavy cruiser, it has always had a place on my list of Dream Cars...

ha0417-279585_3@2x.jpg?1491489100000

(...yep, nothin' has ever said "Jet Age styling" louder than THESE babies alright...the 1961-63 Ford Thunderbirds)

• Like 1