Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biden and Pelosi are lying

yesterday Biden said that the 2nd impeachment trial 'has to happen'...
sure it does because neither he or any other democrat leader has the b a ll z to stand up to that witch running the house...and besides, despite his worthless pleas for unity I think he wants the trial too. so he's a liar.
and yesterday witch pelosi proudly displayed her handywork in a portfolio just like Trump with his signatures so that tells you all you need to know.
Biden also conceded yesterday they his senate comrades will not get the votes they need to convict.
so this whole deal is a political revenge farce...especially on witch pelosi's part.
so now let there be unity.

:lol:

"I'm ready"

60101e88260000bd0facfae5.jpeg?cache=BpScmM9JLl&ops=1280_480

• Haha 1

I disagree,  a plea for unity has nothing to do with holding a criminal to account.  

But even so, lying is now a crime?

30,000 plus lies by Donald Trump and you said nothing ... nada.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I disagree,  a plea for unity has nothing to do with holding a criminal to account.  

But even so, lying is now a crime?

30,000 plus lies by Donald Trump and you said nothing ... nada.

Nip DOAN( ;) ) seem to realize that to attain unity the divisive factor must be dealt with first. 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

Getting back to the Unity question, Biden it made it clear the other day just what he meant by that.  Unity wasn't doing what the Republican Party wanted.  Unity was doing what the majority of the American people want.  That is something Trump never tried to do.

The last poll that I saw on the subject, the majority of the American people wanted Trump to be impeached and removed from office.

• Like 1

Unity is setting aside all considerations of race, age, party, income levels, gender and to begin thinking and acting in terms of working towards not what sets us apart, but in what we all have in common and improving that circumstance.   The WHOLE country will improve only if everyone benefits.  

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Unity is setting aside all considerations of race, age, party, income levels, gender and to begin thinking and acting in terms of working towards not what sets us apart, but in what we all have in common and improving that circumstance.   The WHOLE country will improve only if everyone benefits.  

Sepiatone

Well than, Nipkow is right that Biden is lying when he talks about unity since the majority of his initiatives focus on considerations of race, age, income levels and gender (as well as sexual orientation).       

Anyhow,   there is little,  if not nothing, politically that would benefit everyone.   Not even everyone in a small city.       Sorry,  but that is just silly nonsense.     

Even native American cultures, which governed on the concept of a collective social order,  understood this.

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Yes, and that is why Biden is addressing those groups that have not been treated equally in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unity is a word overused by pols. It sounds good, and they might hope that there will be unity,

but it is doubtful there will be in the present circumstances. But, on the whole, it's fairly harmless.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Yes, and that is why Biden is addressing those groups that have not been treated equally in the past.

the past is what it is and cannot be redone. conservatives accept the realities of the world while liberals wallow in an endless sea of crybabyism.

the brooklyn bridge wasn't built by crybabies.

A Sip Of History: The Hidden Wine Cellars Under The Brooklyn Bridge : The  Salt : NPR

• Confused 1
17 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the past is what it is and cannot be redone. conservatives accept the realities of the world while liberals wallow in an endless sea of crybabyism.

the brooklyn bridge wasn't built by crybabies.

My post was forward looking.  Not to stay stuck in the mud like GOP dinosaurs.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

liberals cannot redo the past and it shall remain unalterable. how long the does the left plan to obsess over that which cannot be changed?

The only people I see wanting to "redo" the past are the white grievance Republicans.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The only people I see wanting to "redo" the past are the white grievance Republicans.

you're intellectually dishonest. american liberalism has been fostering a guilt trip against white americans for decades and they simply went too far.

you can only **** on people for so long.

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well than, Nipkow is right that Biden is lying when he talks about unity since the majority of his initiatives focus on considerations of race, age, income levels and gender (as well as sexual orientation).       

Anyhow,   there is little,  if not nothing, politically that would benefit everyone.   Not even everyone in a small city.       Sorry,  but that is just silly nonsense.     

Even native American cultures, which governed on the concept of a collective social order,  understood this.

Yeah, on the surface one could(if tunnel visioned) make the argument that my sentiment appears like Utopian pie in the sky.  But basically it boils down to "unity" as being American citizens.  Which is what Biden's initiatives strives for.  None of them seek Special considerations for race, age, etc., but moving people up (or down) to a level plane.   Don't start taking me out of context.  One guy here, in a thread I forgot the title of, when I posted that "Of the people, by the people and for the people" meant everybody, came back with some swill about me  wanting to see the country overrun by what he called "illegal filth".  which I never claimed.  But I digress.   As an example---

I consider myself as an, "American of Polish descent"  NOT "Polish-American"  which means I refuse to claim being American secondly.  I am at first, an AMERICAN, as I was born in this country, raised and educated in this country,  and was employed and paid taxes in this country.  My only connection to Poland is it was where my family origins were(and only as far as I know since before then is only a guess.)  As I think ANYONE ELSE born in this country should consider themselves.   In other words, don't spit any armchair patriotism at me while calling yourself "IRISH-American, "  AFRICAN-American" or whatever your family's country of origin-American.  Now...

If I immigrated to this country from Poland and eventually became a citizen, THEN I'd consider myself "Polish-American".  

Sepiatone

7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

None of them seek Special considerations for race, age, etc., but moving people up (or down) to a level plane.   

You don't know what you're taking about.   Most of what Biden has proposed so far is directly tied to specific groups.   E.g. overturning the "Muslim" ban,   the immigration plan,  vaccine role-out (Biden mentioned people-of-color in his speech),   the executive orders related to transgender individuals,  the George Floyd bill ,  the Harriet Tubman on the $20 dollar bill,  the executive order about Asian-Americans hate crimes   etc.....

I.e. most of the orders and proposed legislation apply to special-interest groups,  and not a majority of the people in the USA.   

PS:  and I'm not saying I disagree with these orders or proposals,  just that to label them "unity" is a joke.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, on the surface one could(if tunnel visioned) make the argument that my sentiment appears like Utopian pie in the sky.  But basically it boils down to "unity" as being American citizens.  Which is what Biden's initiatives strives for.  None of them seek Special considerations for race, age, etc., but moving people up (or down) to a level plane.   Don't start taking me out of context.  One guy here, in a thread I forgot the title of, when I posted that "Of the people, by the people and for the people" meant everybody, came back with some swill about me  wanting to see the country overrun by what he called "illegal filth".  which I never claimed.  But I digress.   As an example---

I consider myself as an, "American of Polish descent"  NOT "Polish-American"  which means I refuse to claim being American secondly.  I am at first, an AMERICAN, as I was born in this country, raised and educated in this country,  and was employed and paid taxes in this country.  My only connection to Poland is it was where my family origins were(and only as far as I know since before then is only a guess.)  As I think ANYONE ELSE born in this country should consider themselves.   In other words, don't spit any armchair patriotism at me while calling yourself "IRISH-American, "  AFRICAN-American" or whatever your family's country of origin-American.  Now...

If I immigrated to this country from Poland and eventually became a citizen, THEN I'd consider myself "Polish-American".  

Sepiatone

"Grant" (2020)  a quote from Ely S. Parker a Native American on Grant's staff at the Confederate surrender to Robert E. Lee...

We are ALL Americans.

Like the way he said it, didn't matter where one or their ancestors came from.

Ely_S._Parker.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unity just might have something to do with bi-partisanship. And the call for unity by the GOP is a laugh.  The Gop, the party of NO.  Their performance during the Obama era is telling. The said NO to anything, especially things that might be good for the country. Can't give Obama any credit. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Unity just might have something to do with bi-partisanship. And the call for unity by the GOP is a laugh.  The Gop, the party of NO.  Their performance during the Obama era is telling. The said NO to anything, especially things that might be good for the country. Can't give Obama any credit. 

Of course the call for unity by the GOP is a laugh, but so is Biden saying it.    Such talk is just pandering to non-patricians.   Members of both parties (pols as well as voters) don't want unity, they want what they want,  implemented.     I don't say that as a criticism.   It would be illogical for them to think otherwise. 

If your point (as well as the other Dems here),  is that Biden and the Dems,  can't practice "unity" (e.g. put forward compromise legislation),  because the GOP would just obstructed it.    Well DUH.   As you note,  McConnell made that clear back in 2008.  

51 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course the call for unity by the GOP is a laugh ...

I claim that the GOP is more of a laughing stock than the Dems. The latter have been condemned by their own side for calling for unity even when they have the majority. Forget about Unity, they are told ; If you've got the votes, just ram it through. That, they continue, is what the GOP does.

The GOP hold party over the country to an extent that far exceeds that of the Dem.  Back in the 50s, folks were running around in fear that a Communist might infiltrate the Government. What we have now is far worse than what they feared back then. The GOP are traitors (not all of them, in spirit anyway ; they get caught up in it)) in my view, especially these last execrable four years when they glomed on to this dangerous Interloper, a man who knows nothing about governing or politics, putting us all in danger. And they enabled him throughout. There are some who want to overthrow the government for him.

///

• Like 1
11 hours ago, laffite said:

I claim that the GOP is more of a laughing stock than the Dems. The latter have been condemned by their own side for calling for unity even when they have the majority. Forget about Unity, they are told ; If you've got the votes, just ram it through. That, they continue, is what the GOP does.

The GOP hold party over the country to an extent that far exceeds that of the Dem.  Back in the 50s, folks were running around in fear that a Communist might infiltrate the Government. What we have now is far worse than what they feared back then. The GOP are traitors (not all of them, in spirit anyway ; they get caught up in it)) in my view, especially these last execrable four years when they glomed on to this dangerous Interloper, a man who knows nothing about governing or politics, putting us all in danger. And they enabled him throughout. There are some who want to overthrow the government for him.

///

I agree; the GOP was a lot more effective in how they used the power they had,  than the Dems.      

11 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree; the GOP was a lot more effective in how they used the power they had,  than the Dems.      

I would substitute "abused" for "used" in that statement.

Sepiatone

4 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I would substitute "abused" for "used" in that statement.

Sepiatone

Your post reminds me of Lakers fans that,  back in the Magic \ Bird era complained how the Boston Celtics were a dirty team and "abused" the rules.    Instead of crying in their soup,  Pat Riley told the team to fight-fire-with-fire and the Lakers won the series that year (the one where Rambis was tackled by  McHale).

The Dems are now pushing to make Washington DC the 51th state.     Have you seen the reaction from the  GOPers at this forum!    I hope you can connect the dots.

The usual reactions from the GOPers here I notice are ignoring or dismissing anything negative posted about the right(as if they've never been flawed).  And a lot of the tired, old "Liberals" this and that arguments.  And somehow thinking it's OK for a republican rep to call for the execution of people because they belong to an opposing political party. 

The GOP aren't pathological liars.  They're just pathological.

Sepiatone