Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biden and Pelosi are lying

12 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

The usual reactions from the GOPers here I notice are ignoring or dismissing anything negative posted about the right(as if they've never been flawed).  And a lot of the tired, old "Liberals" this and that arguments.  And somehow thinking it's OK for a republican rep to call for the execution of people because they belong to an opposing political party. 

The GOP aren't pathological liars.  They're just pathological.

Sepiatone

Wow,  you really can't connect the dots.   Your post here has nothing to do with the topic.    The example I provided was Dems pushing to make DC a state.  I.e. another NON unity political push by Dems.   The reaction I was talking about was related to that: something the Dems were doing to increase their power,  and the reaction of GOPers that this was abuse of the political system.  

Many of the political moves the Dems are making or planning to make (e.g. getting rid of the filibuster),  are examples of Rambis smacking McHale in the mouth.   That isn't unity but it is what the Dems need to do to counter what the GOP has been doing since Clinton was impeached. 

I've heard that "make D.C. a state"  attributed to both dems and the GOP since the mid '70's.  Along with Puerto Rico.  So until it happens I won't give the "accusation" much credence.  

Right now it's Biden pushing a pandemic relief bill.  Let's see who makes it more difficult to get passed before we deign to pronounce who's lying about "unity".   And just who suffers the most if it's not passed and then too, determine who twixt the two factions oppose unity.  

21 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Many of the political moves the Dems are making or planning to make (e.g. getting rid of the filibuster),  are examples of Rambis smacking McHale in the mouth.   That isn't unity but it is what the Dems need to do to counter what the GOP has been doing since Clinton was impeached. 

That seems to me a misguided perpetuation of the  political immaturity that's been stifling the nation's progress and consideration for the entirety of the populous from then to now.  And both  the dems and republicans are guilty of it.  It's bad enough that politicians play the "Democrats serve the democrat voters only/Republicans serve the republican voters only" game, but when the VOTERS get into playing it too it's just pathetic.   ie:

When Trump was in office his job wasn't to only satisfy the needs and wants of his "base", anymore than it's Biden's job now to not only serve the needs and wants of HIS "base".   And that goes too for all elected as representatives.  Senate or congress.  I know you realize this, but your little basketball allegory would lead one to believe you don't think it should be so.

Sepiatone  (Who doesn't give a sh!t about basketball and any references to it.) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

determine who twixt the two factions oppose unity.  

So what is most important to you is which of the two parties have more jerks.    Wow,  why didn't you just ask that from the start!  Clearly it is the GOP.

But that doesn't change anything I mentioned here;   Biden isn't pushing for any "unity" politics.     Biden has very valid reasons for not doing so since the GOP would just obstruct.  

Again,,  Bidens words about "unity" are nice and all,  but they are empty.    If Biden really believed in "unity" politics he wouldn't issue so many executive orders but instead work with Congress to get bipartisan legislation passed.   BUT that would be folly since the GOP wouldn't assist in passing any bipartisan legislation. .     Biden is doing what he has to do.    I support him on that,  but please don't call it unity politics.     

18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So what is most important to you is which of the two parties have more jerks.   

I'm getting weary of people assuming they know what I mean and follow up with an "explanation" that's nowhere near what I meant when I stated it.   And I'm sure in the issue of the relief bill it will be the right who obstruct and pull from any "unity", just as I'm sure if some other bill, brought forth from the right, will find the same blithe dismissal and pull away from "unity" from the left as both sides have wallowed in the muck of adversarial politics so long they've lost sight of what they've really been elected to do. 

So, which executive orders did Biden sign that leads you to think they weren't aimed towards unity?  Anything that would better serve my neighbor who's a leftist more than the other neighbor who's a right winger?  Or vice-versa? 

Sepiatone

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I'm getting weary of people assuming they know what I mean and follow up with an "explanation" that's nowhere near what I meant when I stated it.   And I'm sure in the issue of the relief bill it will be the right who obstruct and pull from any "unity", just as I'm sure if some other bill, brought forth from the right, will find the same blithe dismissal and pull away from "unity" from the left as both sides have wallowed in the muck of adversarial politics so long they've lost sight of what they've really been elected to do. 

So, which executive orders did Biden sign that leads you to think they weren't aimed towards unity?  Anything that would better serve my neighbor who's a leftist more than the other neighbor who's a right winger?  Or vice-versa? 

Sepiatone

Do your own homework!  (ha ha).    Here is a link to CNN with a list of the executive orders.     

Also when any pol talks about "unity" they don't mean that legislation or an executive order benefits everyone but instead political "unity":  i.e.  there is bipartisan support for the change.      That was clearly how I was using the term "unity".     Anyhow,   there are many orders that target special interest"  E.g.  this one - Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.  

(I fully support this order,   but like I said,   it doesn't fall under "unity" since most GOPers will not benefit,  since they are losing the right to discriminate).

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/politics/biden-executive-orders/index.html

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

E.g.  this one - Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.  

(I fully support this order,   but like I said,   it doesn't fall under "unity" since most GOPers will not benefit,  since they are losing the right to discriminate).

:D  Amen!

Anyway.....  Thanks for the link.  But it still doesn't answer my query as to which executive orders that Biden signed that YOU thought weren't aimed at unity.  ;)   But I think we've beaten this poor dead hose sufficiently.

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

:D  Amen!

Anyway.....  Thanks for the link.  But it still doesn't answer my query as to which executive orders that Biden signed that YOU thought weren't aimed at unity.  ;)   But I think we've beaten this poor dead hose sufficiently.

Sepiatone

Like I said do your one homework:  i.e. it should be obvious there are a lot of orders targeted towards special interest.    Even CNN is catching on.    Another one of their lead stories is where they wonder how Biden will meet his "unity" promise based on the changes the majority of Dems want:      Silly, silly,  silly,  CNN - all the unity talk  was just emotional  pandering (since emotionally most of us desire "unity").     Such talk wasn't meant to be practical from a policy POV.     

Plus too, one might consider Biden's plea for unity had nothing to do with politics and politicians. Certainly you realize this country isn't only divided on matters of political issues.  ;) 

Sepiatone