Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Millionaire Canadians flew by private plane to a remote province to get vaccines meant for elderly

Millionaire Canadians flew by private plane to a remote province to get vaccines meant for elderly

A wealthy Canadian couple was fined after officials said they flew to Canada's remote north to access vaccines meant for vulnerable indigenous people who live there.

Rodney and Ekaterina Baker were accused of leaving Vancouver and travelling more than 1,000 miles to Beaver Creek, Yukon, for a coronavirus shot, per the Yukon News. At least part of the trip was allegedly by private plane.

Rodney Baker was head of the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation. According to Yukon News, his total annual compensation in 2019 was $10.6 million.

The company announced his resignation on January 25, four days after he and his wife were fined. He was first appointed president in 2010, after previously working as a senior advisor.

A spokesperson for the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation told Yukon News that "As a matter of policy, Great Canadian does not comment on personnel matters," and said that the company is following coronavirus directives and advice."

The outlet said that the two were fined on January 21, after officials realized that they had breaching travel rules by failing to isolate during a stop-over at Whitehorse, Yukon, before reaching the vaccine center at Beaver Creek.

John Streicker, Yukon's Community Services Minister, said the couple lied to officials at the clinic where the vaccine was being administered, per the Yukon News. He said they pretended to be workers at a local motel.

Beaver Creek is an isolated community of around 100 people, including members of the White River First Nation.

For a country that pretends to be PC, they sure behave privileged and entitled.

37 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

For a country that pretends to be PC, they sure behave privileged and entitled.

Two people do not a country make.  They got caught (by the PC Canadian government!) and have been shamed and have paid a price.  And good luck getting that second dose!

It is no surprise that you do not report any of the hundreds of cases of people jumping the que in your own neck-of-the-woods.  You really are at war with the rest of the world.  I'm thankful that our encounters are limited to this virtual forum.

• Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Two people do not a country make.  They got caught (by the PC Canadian government!) and have been shamed and have paid a price.  And good luck getting that second dose!

It is no surprise that you do not report any of the hundreds of cases of people jumping the que in your own neck-of-the-woods.  You really are at war with the rest of the world.  I'm thankful that our encounters are limited to this virtual forum.

His wars extend to half of the population (or more) of his own nation. A hater is a hater.

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Bogie, it seems like MovieMadness has a thing against Canada. I don't really know why, but I've noticed he always seizes any excuse to bash us  (Canadians, that is.)  You'd think he'd be able to find a more threatening adversary than his neighbour country to the north.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

Bogie, it seems like MovieMadness has a thing against Canada. I don't really know why, but I've noticed he always seizes any excuse to bash us  (Canadians, that is.)  You'd think he'd be able to find a more threatening adversary than his neighbour country to the north.

It's retaliation because several of us saw Trump for what he was and spoke up about it.   But he hates more than half of his own country, so there you are.

• Like 1

If

On 1/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, misswonderly3 said:

If Mr Madness doesn't like Canada, that means that Canada is really cool. Whenever he opines, just know the opposite is true. That's just the way it is with these weirdos.

• Thanks 2