Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to Cicely Tyson's tribute thread?

I'd hate to think it was me.

I posted a link to the website buzzfeed.com that had some pictures of her life, maybe it contained copywritten material or something?

still no reason to scrub it from the board, I mean- Hell- they left my PHIL SPECTOR "OBIT" thread up.

12 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

WHAT

THE

HELL????????

9 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I'd hate to think it was me.

I posted a link to the website buzzfeed.com that had some pictures of her life, maybe it contained copywritten material or something?

still no reason to scrub it from the board, I mean- Hell- they left my PHIL SPECTOR "OBIT" thread up.

Maybe that was the case.

And under the circumstances, very sad too.

I was still reeling from the death of Cloris Leachman and now Ms. Tyson is gone! 

I tell ya.  This year is NOT off to a good start.  

Granted, at bot Cloris' and Cicely's ages it should come as no big surprise, but that fact doesn't make it any less sad.

Sepiatone

54 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'll create a new one.

You shouldn’t have to though, this makes no sense. The last time something like this happened it was almost 10 years ago, we used to have an absolutely crummy, awful moderator who would delete threads willy-nilly because they were (in his words)“controversial,“ but there is absolutely nothing at all controversial about Cicely Tyson. I believe she was even a TCM guest programmer or am I wrong?You shouldn’t have to though, this makes no sense. The last time something like this happened it was almost 10 years ago, we used to have an absolutely crummy, awful moderator who would delete threads willy-nilly because they were controversial, but there is absolutely nothing at all controversial about Cicely Tyson. I believe she was even a TCM guest programmer or am I wrong?

Since then though the moderation staff has been terrific, there have been no problems, so it’s hard for me to imagine this was done maliciously.

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

You shouldn’t have to though, this makes no sense. The last time something like this happened it was almost 10 years ago, we used to have an absolutely crummy, awful moderator who would delete threads willy-nilly because they were (in his words)“controversial,“ but there is absolutely nothing at all controversial about Cicely Tyson. I believe she was even a TCM guest programmer or am I wrong?You shouldn’t have to though, this makes no sense. The last time something like this happened it was almost 10 years ago, we used to have an absolutely crummy, awful moderator who would delete threads willy-nilly because they were controversial, but there is absolutely nothing at all controversial about Cicely Tyson. I believe she was even a TCM guest programmer or am I wrong?

Since then though the moderation staff has been terrific, there have been no problems, so it’s hard for me to imagine this was done maliciously.

I don’t know why the old thread got deleted though.

38 minutes ago, TCMModerator1 said:

Hello everyone

We apologize for this mishap.  We're not exactly sure what happened, but the thread is back!

Thank you for your understanding :)

Thank you for bringing the thread back. :)

1 hour ago, TCMModerator1 said:

Hello everyone

We apologize for this mishap.  We're not exactly sure what happened, but the thread is back!

Thank you for your understanding :)

Hooray!

• Like 1