Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Paramount film you'd like to see on TCM

My choice would be "Une heure pres de toi." It is the simultaneously shot French version of "One Hour With You."

I am not sure any prints exist, though.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, cody1949 said:

And 2 Paramount silent classics:

BEGGARS OF LIFE

UNDERWORLD

Not quite the same, but Beggars of Life is on Blu-ray from Kino, and Underworld from Criterion. Both are magnificent films.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I know.  I have them both, Not everybody can afford to be a collector and it would be nice for them to see these rare titles on TCM.

While I am here posting, let me mention another marvelous  little Paramount film that no one has mentioned yet. If you love dog stories, then  THE BISCUIT EATER is for you.

• Like 1
On 3/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, TopBilled said:

Yeah, BEAU JAMES is a forgotten film. I don't think it's ever aired on TCM.

No it has not.  Neither has another lost Bob Hope film, THAT CERTAIN FEELING. I recorded them at SP over thirty years ago and still have the VHS tapes! I played them recently for the first time in at least 20 years and they looked pretty good.  BEAU JAMES had the Bob Dorian wrap-arounds!

• Like 4
8 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

No it has not.  Neither has another lost Bob Hope film, THAT CERTAIN FEELING. I recorded them at SP over thirty years ago and still have the VHS tapes! I played them recently for the first time in at least 20 years and they looked pretty good.  BEAU JAMES had the Bob Dorian wrap-arounds!

I also copied them from the AMC channel, but on 6 hr. mode. They look pretty good, though.

• Like 2