Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has TCM ever shown Bridge On The River Kwai?  The returning champion was talking about it on Jeopardy last night.  It sounds like an edge of your seat type of movie and great.  So if it’s never been on here?  I’ll request it.

13 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Has TCM ever shown Bridge On The River Kwai?  The returning champion was talking about it on Jeopardy last night.  It sounds like an edge of your seat type of movie and great.  So if it’s never been on here?  I’ll request it.

11 hours ago, slaytonf said:

It is one of the great classic movies, made by David Lean, Director of movies like Lawrence of Arabia (1962), and Brief Encounter (1946).  TCM shows it often.

Jeopardy! guest host Ken Jennings did in fact respond to the contestant's comment about his being very impressed with TBOTRK by telling the contestant that Lean's Lawrence of Arabia is his own favorite classic movie, and then advised him to seek that one out. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Gosh, I remember how popular that theme was when I was a kid! (I was 6 when it came out)

Sepiatone

Yeah, I remember this too, Sepia.

(...did you also try whistling along to the tune whenever it came on the radio back then?...I did)

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, slaytonf said:

It is one of the great classic movies, made by David Lean, Director of movies like Lawrence of Arabia (1962), and Brief Encounter (1946).  TCM shows it often.

Another David Lean movie I love is 1984's A Passage to India.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Gosh, I remember how popular that theme was when I was a kid! (I was 6 when it came out)

Sepiatone

I thought it was the theme for the old AB's Department Store (was 7 at the time)

TV ad jingle...

AB's, the place to be.  AB's the place to see.  AB's, oh AB's, .AB's...

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Comet, it tastes like gas-o-line,

Comet, it makes your teeth turn green.

Comet, it tastes like vomit,

So get Comet, and vomit,

Today. . . .

But it is good against the corona virus, right?  A way to inject it into the body?  We're looking into that, right?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

But it is good against the corona virus, right?  A way to inject it into the body?  We're looking into that, right?

But you can't party with it like AJAX!  ;) 

Sepiatone