Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

‘Pink hat lady’ arrested after Capitol riot defends herself as a cheese purveyor

‘Pink hat lady’ arrested after Capitol riot defends herself as a cheese purveyor

The FBI has arrested a woman seen on video participating in the Capitol riots last month while apparently directing the insurrectionists with a bullhorn and donning a pink hat, after the mother of eight defended her involvement in the deadly mob in a new interview.

Rachel Marie Powell was arrested by authorities on Thursday in Pennsylvania and charged with obstruction, violent entry/disorderly conduct, depredation of government property and entering a restricted building with a dangerous weapon. She could face decades in prison if convicted on all counts, reports said.

The New Yorker’s Ronan Farrow interviewed Ms Powell before she was charged on Thursday for a report which detailed how she seemingly became influenced by conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones of Infowars ahead of the 2020 elections.

"I was not part of a plot — organized, whatever,” she said. “I have no military background. ... I’m a mom with eight kids. That’s it. I work. And I garden. And raise chickens. And sell cheese at a farmers’ market."

Democrats can now sleep at night knowing the dangerous lady who sells cheese has been arrested. Meanwhile all those who rioted in many cities across the country got away with it.

• Haha 1

So at what point, MM, did you decide that it was okay if the democratic vote of Americans was violently overturned by insurrectionists? Does the fact that five people, including a police officer, would still be alive today if the insurrection had not taken place not bother you at all?

Somehow I have the feeling that the rioters being Trump supporters plays a role in your decision making that what they did was not so bad.