Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor pages no longer list upcoming films??

So TCM finally updated their website... thing is, so far it is LESS informative!

I used to search for my favorite actors and upcoming scheduled films would appear, which was GREAT!  If that didn't work, say if the actor was lower down the credit-totem-pole, I could browse the upcoming schedules, sorting by SHORTS, etc (which was extremely useful as well).

Am I correct in saying we can no longer search for upcoming films from our favorite actors?

:-(

JD

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, JD401 said:

So TCM finally updated their website... thing is, so far it is LESS informative!

I used to search for my favorite actors and upcoming scheduled films would appear, which was GREAT!  If that didn't work, say if the actor was lower down the credit-totem-pole, I could browse the upcoming schedules, sorting by SHORTS, etc (which was extremely useful as well).

Am I correct in saying we can no longer search for upcoming films from our favorite actors?

😞

JD

I'm here to feel your pain.

My primary reason for using the TCM website is to search for upcoming films by an actor of interest - been doing it for a decade or so.
This function can be done a bit in the search from my TV service, but it only goes out a week or two in advance, too tedious to
bother.

The old  TCM website  searched months in advance and returned great results.   Sure, the schedule might change sometimes,  but that's no biggy.

It is hard to imagine why such an obviously useful function was snuffed out.

Another greatly interesting bit of information would be the last date of TCM showing on a movie's description page.
They tell you EVERYTHING about the movie, from the weather on the first day of filming to the astrological sign
of the cinematographer.   But no clue as to whether it is a film likely to be shown on TCM.