Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lady G and Lyin' Cancun Cruz

Ted Cruz savages Seth Rogen saying he is 'living rent free' in the Hollywood star's head after the actor reignited their feud by calling the senator 'a fascist' and 'whose words have resulted in death'

Ted Cruz says he 'lives rent free' in Seth Rogen's head after the actor attacked him on Stephen Colbert's late-night show on Thursday. Cruz and Rogen have been locked in a bitter war of words since January, when the Knocked Up star, 39, labeled the Texas senator, 50, a 'white supremacist fascist' on Twitter.  The pair then became embroiled in a social media spat, but it appears Rogen is unwilling to end the war of words, launching a fresh tirade against Cruz while speaking with Colbert. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Not that the most public of Cruz'  many humiliations is not warranted, but when I saw this on TV  late last night I bet myself one hundred dollars that Bogie would comment  or post about this in this forum. And now I have to figure out how to pay myself that money.  Thanks for being as predictable as a sunrise Bogie. 

Addendum - I mean ****??? He thinks a recruitment video that looks like an ad for some video game is what the US armed forces should be patterning their recruitment ads after? I just don't know what he was thinking when he posted that. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

Not that the most public of Cruz'  many humiliations is not warranted, but when I saw this on TV  late last night I bet myself one hundred dollars that Bogie would comment  or post about this in this forum. And now I have to figure out how to pay myself that money.  Thanks for being as predictable as a sunrise Bogie. 

Addendum - I mean ****??? He thinks a recruitment video that looks like an ad for some video game is what the US armed forces should be patterning their recruitment ads after? I just don't know what he was thinking when he posted that. 

He doesn't think period. Big space in that head........

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Wish Canada would take him back...

Yeah, what's the deal there?  Ted Cruz was born in Calgary but he was still able to run for President?  Wikipedia said his father worked for an oil firm.  Maybe it was the CIA making it a U.S. government job as when he worked alongside Oswald in New Orleans handing out fair play for Cuba leaflets?  :lol:

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Yeah, what's the deal there?  Ted Cruz was born in Calgary but he was still able to run for President?  Wikipedia said his father worked for an oil firm.  Maybe it was the CIA making it a U.S. government job as when he worked alongside Oswald in New Orleans handing out fair play for Cuba leaflets?  :lol:

Ok, not until today did I realize Cruz was born in Canada. I thought he had just spent his childhood there and been born in the USA. Too bad if he can't legally run for president, because that stunt with making fun of the armed forces has my veteran husband saying he would never vote for him for anything.  And he voted for Trump twice. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Ok, not until today did I realize Cruz was born in Canada. I thought he had just spent his childhood there and been born in the USA. Too bad if he can't legally run for president, because that stunt with making fun of the armed forces has my veteran husband saying he would never vote for him for anything.  And he voted for Trump twice. 

But he can legally run for President and did so in 2016.  Usually that sort of things requires you to be born on a U.S. military base overseas but I didn't see anything about that on wikipedia.

Anyway, Canada does not want him back.  I think he gave up his dual citizenship.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

!Ok, not until today did I realize Cruz was born in Canada. I thought he had just spent his childhood there and been born in the USA. Too bad if he can't legally run for president, because that stunt with making fun of the armed forces has my veteran husband saying he would never vote for him for anything.  And he voted for Trump twice. 

Cruz  can run for US President,  just like John McCain could.     This was all vetted back in 2015 \ 2016.     The only one that didn't accept this was Trump back in 2015 \ 16. 

Of course now Cruz is Trump's slave,  hoping Trump will not run in 2024 and push his supporters to back Cruz.         

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

But he can legally run for President and did so in 2016.  Usually that sort of things requires you to be born on a U.S. military base overseas but I didn't see anything about that on wikipedia.

Anyway, Canada does not want him back.  I think he gave up his dual citizenship.

Frankly, I don't know what would allow him to run if he was not born on a military base.  John McCain was born overseas, but I believe it was on a military base while his father was in the military. And, in keeping with a good neighbor policy, I don't  think we should force Cruz on Canada. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Frankly, I don't know what would allow him to run if he was not born on a military base.  John McCain was born overseas, but I believe it was on a military base while his father was in the military. And, in keeping with a good neighbor policy, I don't  think we should force Cruz on Canada. 

AFAIK, none of this has been directly challenged and gone to the Supreme Court, but I believe most Constitutional scholars have opined that if your parents are US citizens, you are considered a natural born citizen, no matter where you were born.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause#Foreign_soil_and_territories

• Like 2
2 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

AFAIK, none of this has been directly challenged and gone to the Supreme Court, but I believe most Constitutional scholars have opined that if your parents are US citizens, you are considered a natural born citizen, no matter where you were born.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause#Foreign_soil_and_territories

I believe you just have ti have one parent that is a  US citizen.  Too bad he can’t just fly off to another island somewhere and disappear from our politics.

2 hours ago, Arturo said:

I believe you just have ti have one parent that is a  US citizen.  Too bad he can’t just fly off to another island somewhere and disappear from our politics.

You know, that's what I always thought too, but then everyone was making a big deal about whether Obama was born in Hawaii or Kenya, and Obama's mother was an American citizen.  So if what you say is true, I don't know what the dust up over that issue was about. 

25 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

You know, that's what I always thought too, but then everyone was making a big deal about whether Obama was born in Hawaii or Kenya, and Obama's mother was an American citizen.  So if what you say is true, I don't know what the dust up over that issue was about. 

It wasn't "everyone".    Far from it.     It was only a minority of US citizens;   mostly just the racist members of the GOP.

• Thanks 2

Of course, Ted is the victim here.  His actions had nothing to do with it.

'A pitiful example of corrupt corporate media': Furious Ted Cruz attacks Brian Williams after the MSNBC anchor labeled him 'Kremlin Cruz' for 'peddling Russian propaganda' 

Ted Cruz, right, and MSNBC anchor Brian Williams, left, got into an epic war of words over a controversial post Cruz made comparing US and Russian military. Cruz shared a video clip contrasting a 'woke' US Army recruitment video with a Russian one as evidence of a what he called an 'emasculated military'. The clip quickly went viral and drew criticism from progressives and veterans. Others agreed his comments highlight fears America's armed forces are being softened by 'woke' principles. Williams called the Texas Senator 'Kremlin Cruz', and said he was 'peddling Russian propaganda'. Cruz hit back labeling Williams a 'pitiful example of corrupt corporate media'.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

hv1AMpO0_normal.jpg

“I pledge allegiance to the flag…unless times get tough, then I’m off to Cancun!”

Bogie, are you saying that it is incompatible to pledge allegiance to the flag AND go to Cancun?  Like he's captain of the ship and obligated to go down with the ship? When staying in Texas during Texas' big freeze would not have accomplished anything?  He isn't the governor - not that the governor of Texas has any power either, but that is another story. 

Whatever province of Canada you live in - I really don't care who you send to Canada's parliament, so I'm not sure why you care so much about this guy since he is just one senator out of one hundred.

BTW I have two sisters who still live in Texas, my home state, and they don't know why people care about this story so much. They don't care that he went to Cancun either, but thought it bad form that he felt he had to lie about it. But they said they would still pick Cruz over Beto because he is such an empty suit. Don't move to Cancun. If Ted knew he was taking up so much space in your head rent free he'd move down there. 

4 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Bogie, are you saying that it is incompatible to pledge allegiance to the flag AND go to Cancun?  Like he's captain of the ship and obligated to go down with the ship? When staying in Texas during Texas' big freeze would not have accomplished anything?  He isn't the governor - not that the governor of Texas has any power either, but that is another story. 

Whatever province of Canada you live in - I really don't care who you send to Canada's parliament, so I'm not sure why you care so much about this guy since he is just one senator out of one hundred.

BTW I have two sisters who still live in Texas, my home state, and they don't know why people care about this story so much. They don't care that he went to Cancun either, but thought it bad form that he felt he had to lie about it. But they said they would still pick Cruz over Beto because he is such an empty suit. Don't move to Cancun. If Ted knew he was taking up so much space in your head rent free he'd move down there. 

It's all about optics, and it's additive.   Cruz keeps bumbling around trying to gain points with Trump supporters to further his political ambition, rather than see to legislation that might help his constituents.  

All politicians constantly worry about public image, so their motivations should always be questioned, but O'Rourke was on the ground helping people in El Paso during the storm, as were other politicians (some not even from Texas).   

I will admit Cruz helped with distribution of water, but that was only after he took the PR hit and he was essentially forced to return home to do damage control.

https://people.com/politics/what-politicians-in-texas-are-doing-for-winter-storm-relief/

And though I live in Texas, I have several friends in the UK and Australia and I know people around the globe care about US politics.  This country has an outsized influence on most other countries on the planet (economically, militarily and culturally), and that influence is not equally reciprocal.  For example, the US maintains military bases in over 70 foreign countries.   Our politician's actions can and do have an effect on people's lives elsewhere.

There's an old saying that goes something like "When America sneezes, the world catches cold."  This originally was applied to Paris and Europe in the 1800s, but was updated after US dominance arose in the early 20th century and even more so in the wake of WWII.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you trust this man with your life?

Ted Cruz calls for the CDC to 'follow the science' and scrap airline mask mandate before July 4 as Joe Biden plans a 1,000 person Independence Day celebration

44794653-0-image-a-17_1624928374332.jpg

Texas Senator Ted Cruz and other GOP lawmakers are calling on the CDC to allow fully vaccinated passengers to ride mass transit, including on airplanes, without a mask.

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The video above is pretty rich.  Ted Cruz criticizes State Democrats for getting on a plane and 'fleeing' Texas when there is work to be done.

• Haha 1