Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Broadcaster Rush Limbaugh (1951-2021)

46 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Anyone who was there and who remembers what big media was like before he got started, if they are honest, will have to admit he made an impact. One of his early promo slogans was, "Folks, I am equal time." And he was right. 

It wasn't a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rush's TV studio was up the block from my CBS office on West 57th Street. I met him in the green room when he was waiting to go on the Morning News with Harry Smith. We spoke several times after 60 MINUTES did an excellent segment on him. Rush was a very nice person. He loved broadcasting and he single-handedly rescued AM radio. Every year he hosted a leukemia-thon on his program and raised many tens of millions of dollars.  Yes, he often skewered people on pedestals but he always did it with good humor. And when he erred, he always owned up to it.  I may not have agreed with his take on every issue, but I respect the enthusiasm and out-of-the box perspective he brought to the dialogue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Hibi said:

Considering what this guy did in his life, that's as classy as I can get!

One less racist

One less misogynist

One less hateful  presence in American Media.

Let the racists mourn him--they have a right to cry for their own kind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Here's Rush on air making fun of Michael J Fox's Parkinson's Disease.

XrjaOfP__bigger.jpg

Rush Limbaugh was a blight, responsible more than any other non-politician for the spread of the prion disease from movement conservatism to the Republican Party. He ranks with Father Coughlin & Joe McCarthy among the country’s most destructive demagogues.

This commentator says Rush should be remembered as infamous alongside of Senator Joseph McCarthy.

K9GgLuad_bigger.png

Trump statement: "The great Rush Limbaugh has passed away to a better place, free from physical pain and hostility"

Free from "hostility"? Wasn't that his brand?

This commentator says Rush's MO was hostility.

Qui7iaJQ_bigger.jpg

Rush Limbaugh attacked "women, minorities, and anyone else who did not embody his default listener — setting the tone for the toxic, cruel politics of the modern-day conservative movement."

Some people's memories of Rush Limbaugh may be beautiful and yet.....

What's too ugly to remember-

Some people simply choose to forget

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, slaytonf said:

The Song of Envy.  Wait, a non-conservative will die, and you can be hateful, too.

Don't worry, he will!!!

No Enemies

You have no enemies, you say?
Alas! my friend, the boast is poor;
He who has mingled in the fray
Of duty, that the brave endure,
Must have made foes! If you have none, 
Small is the work that you have done.
You’ve hit no traitor on the hip,
You’ve dashed no cup from perjured lip,
You’ve never turned the wrong to right,
You’ve been a coward in the fight.

- Charles Mackay

• Haha 1

Did Limbaugh ever quit smoking? This is what I wonder. I knew somebody who quit smoking and 13 years later got lung cancer anyways. It killed him. I don't like saying bad things about the dead, so I'll just say never get that smoking habit kids. It controls you as much as being an alcoholic does. My husband quit in 2008, at age 50, and he'd been smoking since age 13. It was quite the battle, and he says he still wants a cigarette every day of his life.

16 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

No Enemies

You have no enemies, you say?
Alas! my friend, the boast is poor;
He who has mingled in the fray
Of duty, that the brave endure,
Must have made foes! If you have none, 
Small is the work that you have done.
You’ve hit no traitor on the hip,
You’ve dashed no cup from perjured lip,
You’ve never turned the wrong to right,
You’ve been a coward in the fight.

- Charles Mackay

In Rush's case, he deserved them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

"Talent on loan from God."

I loved this guy. He would be laughing at some of these comments if he were here.

Do you love all racist, homophobic and misogynistic bigots, or is he just kind of special for you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In a  posthumously released statement Rush threw down the gauntlet to a few other right wing hacks.

In it Windbaugh bragged that he's been married four times while folks like Trump and Gingrich have

only been to the altar three times and dares them to try to tie his record. 

Woke up to this.  Going back to bed!!!

Florida to fly flags at half-mast for Rush Limbaugh on Ron DeSantis' order 

Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered state entities to honor the late right-wing talk radio host when he is buried

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My mother always told me if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything. Hopefully, she would be proud of my following comment.                                     "---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"                                  That's all I have to say.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1