Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Little House On The Prairie reboot

Be a challenge to recast Nellie Oleson.

nellie.jpg

Alison Amgrim done that character so well she actually had eggs thrown at her during a parade!!

Producers at the time should had took the opportunity and done a spinoff "Little B___h on the Prairie".  ;)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I was under the impression the series had been rebooted previously to be multicultural.

Little Mosque on the Prairie (2007–2012) was a Canadian television series. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923293/?ref_=hm_rvi_tt_i_2

Was Saddam Hussein fond of that one too?  You can't make this up!!!

(So "Little Reservation on the Prairie" was out of the question? ;))

• Like 1

allison arngrim is really quite a trooper for she endured two unpleasant things, being hated for playing a make believe character who was nasty and unpleasant and having a wig glued to her head while doing it. torwards the end I am glad she was allowed to show some humanness to her character and coming to understand that despite all her bad behavior Laura Ingalls was her friend and did not judge her too harshly. nellie oleson is a portrait of reformation and redemption.

nellie.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

allison arngrim is really quite a trooper for she endured two unpleasant things, being hated for playing a make believe character who was nasty and unpleasant and having a wig glued to her head while doing it. torwards the end I am glad she was allowed to show some humanness to her character and coming to understand that despite all her bad behavior Laura Ingalls was her friend and did not judge her too harshly. nellie oleson is a portrait of reformation and redemption.

nellie.jpg

True, it was nice to see Nellie finally grow up. And even though she was missed on the show I think Nellie did the right thing with her and her new family moving as far away from her mother as possible . 

Harriet spoiled Nellie rotten and enabled a lot of Nellie's bad behavior when she was growing up. Of course Harriet was equally as adapt in spoiling and enabling Nancy, who in a lot of ways was even nastier than Nellie ever was.

Shoot missed a chance of seeing Nellie what was coming to her in the "music box" episode when at the end Mr Oleson had enough and finally grab the razor strap.  Had to leave what came afterwards to the imagination (like in "The Children's Hour").

Took long enough!

mqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

"Little House" had a series blunder, a scene which could not happened.  Nellie's brother secretly RECORDING on an Edison phonograph Nellie and Laura talking in her bedroom .  Producers got confused with the ability what modern electronic  equipment can do.  

No way their voice can be recorded at that distance, one had to place their mouth up to the horn and literally scream into it to get enough acoustical energy to make the needle cut into the tinfoil.  Thomas Edison even demonstrated it with his "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

5e44cc5b26a872cae37de852d380fecc.jpg

Tinfoil_phonograph,_1878,_invented_by_Th

His 2nd generation wax cylinders made it a little easier on the voice box  to record.

Great.  I’ll definitely be watching.  Can’t wait.  I’ll be really looking forward to it a whole lot if they do a reboot.  I love the original with Michael Landon.  He was a really wonderful and amazing actor too.  I wish he was still alive.  I wonder if Melissa Gilbert will be back and if Micheal Landon’s son Micheal Landon Jr will be part of the cast and Hey.  Like I said.  When I went to the Johnny Cash Museum in Nashville and learned that he was also in the movies and on TV.  He guest starred in an episode.  Anyone remember that episode and didn’t Red Buttons also guest star in an episode too or did he just guest star on Fantasy Island and Victor French.  Micheal’s co-star on Highway To Heaven later and real life friend did the show later right?  I wish he was still alive too.  It would have been great to meet them both and Micheal Landon was on Johnny Carson too.  But was Victor French ever on?