Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Tin Star 1957

This was good. Very good I didn't expect much and was pleasantly surprised.   The only weakness was the gullibility of Anthony Perkins character as the interim town sheriff.  Fonda was very good here.  Kip, a youngster in the film who is happy to find a daddy figure in Fonda's character, is very good.  Lee Van Cleef plays a baddie in this one.  He is not the main baddie though.  The film was predictable but was done very well.  Anthony Mann did a fantastic job with this one.  I rank this 8 out of 10.

Image result for the tin star

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a good one. Perkins' performance, at times, is a little too on the high end of things. His character is too sure of himself for being new at the job. I think part of that is to contrast Fonda's weary and well worn (tired?) life as a former sheriff showing it is not all it may seem. Fonda's relationship with Betsy Palmer is a highlight too. Taking her at face value and not letting her past get in the way of enjoying her company. (Palmer too easily expects his leaving.) John McIntire is another highlight. 

I don't know if the Stewart/Mann relationship was gone by now but I think Fonda is the better choice regardless.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, movieman1957 said:

This is a good one. Perkins' performance, at times, is a little too on the high end of things. His character is too sure of himself for being new at the job.

That's the confidence of youth. 

4 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

That's the confidence of youth. 

Yea,  but the same year he made this film and the basis of the story is lack of confidence;

Fearstrikesout.jpg