Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I loved his puns, there were always food and restaurant related jokes on his show. I remember he once opened a cookbook and said, "I'd love to make this dish, eggs paganini."  Then someone else looked at the book and said, "That's eggs, page nine."

Another time, he was playing an Arab sheik called "El Morocco."  Someone knocked on the door of his tent. Danny came out in his robes and said, "Who dares to come to El Morocco without a reservation?"

• Haha 2

I remember when they celebrated his 100th Birthday.  They showed a few episodes of his show and he did a restaurant skit and right before the commercials.  He goes.  Something like.  Come on back.  Because I have a reservation for you at the next table and of course there aren’t any commercials on here.  Except for the advertisements after and before the movies.  I wish he was still alive.  He was so good and he’d make a great SOTM.  I really hope it happens sometime.  I love him.  Of course I’ve seen a few of his movies on here from time to time.  The last one was The Inspector General.  Which I missed and was going to watch on the Watch TCM app.  But I missed it on there too.  So I was wondering.  How often do they show his movies?

• Like 2

We don't see his movies so much now as some years ago.  Weren't most of his movies at Paramount?  Maybe that's why.  I'm sure lots of them can be seen on other venues, paid or not.

When I was a kid, my grandmother used to take my cousins and me to Radio City Music Hall. The first time she took us, as I recall, was to see the Easter show, which, in addition to the Rockettes, included the movie Merry Andrew with Danny Kaye.

merry-andrew-md-web.jpg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I found On the Riviera on one of the FX channels.  I wish they would show Wonder Man or The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (sp?) - avoid Ben Stiller version because it is a downer.

Your spelling of Mitty is spot on.

But I wish I'd had your warning about the Stiller movie before I lost those two hours I'll never get back.  Mitty is one of my favorite Kaye movies( and I can't honestly name one I don't like) and some folks 'round here know I'm enamored of......

I'm old enough to still remember as a kid seeing women still wearing hats during evenings out and how hilariously funny many of them looked.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1