Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In as much as new information is presented before and after the Movies, I find the repeated “commercials “...those selling wine and other TCM products distracting from my enjoyment of the movies.  I find myself changing channels now after the changes took place.

How many times must we see the same “commercials?”  How many times will the same video about Noir and the way hats are worn?

I do not like the changes where we do not know the exact time when the next three movies will be viewed.

Overall the bottom line is there is less time devoted to experiencing movies and more time talking about the movies.

I like seeing some of the same actors in a series of movies, if I like the actor or actress but not for days.

Native Son was on twice within 24 hours; other movies seem to be repeated in close proximity which is also annoying.

On a positive note, I suggest you develop interest facts about the music played in the movies.

Thanks for your consideration.

Michael David Myers

1 hour ago, Michael David Myers said:

In as much as new information is presented before and after the Movies, I find the repeated “commercials “...those selling wine and other TCM products distracting from my enjoyment of the movies.  I find myself changing channels now after the changes took place.

How many times must we see the same “commercials?”  How many times will the same video about Noir and the way hats are worn?

I do not like the changes where we do not know the exact time when the next three movies will be viewed.

Overall the bottom line is there is less time devoted to experiencing movies and more time talking about the movies.

I like seeing some of the same actors in a series of movies, if I like the actor or actress but not for days.

Native Son was on twice within 24 hours; other movies seem to be repeated in close proximity which is also annoying.

On a positive note, I suggest you develop interest facts about the music played in the movies.

Michael David Myers

So you change channels.   AND what do you find?   Actual commercials.   Right? 

I.e.  what other movie network shows studio-era films with only a few minutes per hour dedicated to commercials? 

That would be none.    Also since stations like to start programming on the hour \ half-hour,  they have time.

Yea I wished they showed shorts or other type of movie related programming instead of those TCM commercials,  but  again, it still is only a few minutes per hour.

18 hours ago, Michael David Myers said:

Michael David Myers

Welcome to TCM City.

I think NATIVE SON is part of the noir series. Those films air twice on the same day, at midnight, then again around 10 a.m. I think this is because some of the films are expensive for TCM to lease if they are outside the Turner Library. So if they are paying to show the film on that day, then why not show it twice and get twice as much bang for the buck!

I am sure people who enjoy the selections in the noir series like having them air twice, in case they are trying to record them on their DVR. Sometimes cable outages occur and this way the noir fan has two chances to make a recording of it. 

I do agree that the commercials are intrusive and I suspect the commercials are taking up more time than they did five years ago. Just a guess, since I don't have any empirical data on that. But if you record things on your DVR, then you can fast-forward through the ads and through the intros if you just want to go right to the next movie.

In short, I think some of what you are complaining about is not that big a deal. You just have to be a bit more tolerant or a bit smarter and find your way around those things. If you are watching live and not fast-forwarding anything, then you will just have to live with it.