Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cuomo denies former aide's sexual harassment allegations

Cuomo denies former aide's sexual harassment allegations

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is denying allegations from a former aide who accused him of sexual harassment, including an unwanted kiss, in a Medium post on Wednesday.

Lindsey Boylan alleged that in 2018, the Democratic governor kissed her on the lips following a one-on-one briefing in his New York City office.

"As I got up to leave and walk toward an open door, he stepped in front of me and kissed me on the lips," Boylan wrote, describing the encounter. "I was in shock, but I kept walking." Boylan first accused the governor of sexual harassment in a Twitter thread in December.

"As we said before, Ms. Boylan's claims of inappropriate behavior are quite simply false," Caitlin Girouard, the governor's press secretary, said in a statement on Wednesday.

In that same statement, the office also issued a denial from four current and former staffers about a specific interaction on a flight wherein Boylan says the governor suggested they play strip poker. The four staffers, who flew with Cuomo and Boylan, said that this never happened.

Cuomo also firmly denied the allegations in a press conference in December when Boylan first made them.

It's the same song and dance, with the same ending. Maybe he'll run for president someday.

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

he's saying he may have innocently snuggled up to some babes but they just didn't get his intent was merely to be playful.

:lol:

priceless coming from a Twumpie.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

the poor guy must be desperate.

Charlotte Bennett said she decided to make her allegations public in part because she wanted to counter the way Mr. Cuomo “wields his power.”

But not as desperate as you, right?    You've never been married and  are still a virgin, right?

• Haha 2

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused by third woman of unwanted sexual advances

A third woman has accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of unwanted advances -- the latest bombshell as calls for Cuomo to resign grow louder amid the dueling scandals over allegations of improper behavior towards women and his handling of nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic.

According to The New York Times, 33-year-old Anna Ruch has claimed that Cuomo asked to kiss her at a wedding in 2019. In an interview Monday, she specified that Cuomo put his hand on her bare lower back.

Ruch said she pulled away and was "so confused and shocked and embarrassed" by the incident. I turned my head away and didn’t have words in that moment," she reportedly said.

A spokesperson for Cuomo reportedly referred the Times to a more general statement in which Cuomo apologized for things that "have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation."

Over the past week, two of Cuomo's former aides have accused him of sexual harassment -- something he has denied.

Cuomo has done the impossible, making the mayor of NYC look good by comparison.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused by third woman of unwanted sexual advances

A third woman has accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of unwanted advances -- the latest bombshell as calls for Cuomo to resign grow louder amid the dueling scandals over allegations of improper behavior towards women and his handling of nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic.

According to The New York Times, 33-year-old Anna Ruch has claimed that Cuomo asked to kiss her at a wedding in 2019. In an interview Monday, she specified that Cuomo put his hand on her bare lower back.

Ruch said she pulled away and was "so confused and shocked and embarrassed" by the incident. I turned my head away and didn’t have words in that moment," she reportedly said.

A spokesperson for Cuomo reportedly referred the Times to a more general statement in which Cuomo apologized for things that "have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation."

Over the past week, two of Cuomo's former aides have accused him of sexual harassment -- something he has denied.

Cuomo has done the impossible, making the mayor of NYC look good by comparison.

But Cuomo  still looks a thousand times better and more competent that the accused serial sexual acoster Donald Trump!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Arturo said:

But Cuomo  still looks a thousand times better and more competent that the accused serial sexual acoster Donald Trump!

That is a lame comparison.     Cuomo should be judged by the Dems \ left based on the facts.  

• Haha 1

From the little I've read de Blasio and Cuomo have been on the outs for a long time, so de Blasio

is likely enjoying Cuomo's predicament. Chris Cuomo said last night on his show that he will not

be covering his brother's problems, though CNN will, and D Lemon covered it last night right

after Cuomo's show. 

why doesn't andrew cuomo just say the women are lying without all the word games?

most will conclude there must be something to the allegations or else why the vagueness.

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That is a lame comparison.     Cuomo should be judged by the Dems \ left based on the facts.  

Yea, but look at what happened to Al Franken,  this stuff gets ridiculous sometimes. Like you mentioned before he said she said gets pretty murky.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Yea, but look at what happened to Al Franken,  this stuff gets ridiculous sometimes. Like you mentioned before he said she said gets pretty murky.

Yes,  Al Franken was condemned by his own Dem colleagues based on NON facts.        My point has always been that if the only so called evidence is she-said there is no case.     My post wasn't related to Trump but the comments I'm reading at the Woody Allen and the new so called documentary thread at this forum,  as well as editorials  by progressives in the Los Angeles Times:  (where if you don't believe Woody is guilty based only on his daughters latest version of event,,,,,  well your  either an enabler or maybe,,,  well you have something to hide yourself,  type of highly flawed reasoning).

I'm waiting for these same progressives to right something similar about Cummo and for the Times to print it;   yea,  I'm not holding my breath on that one,  ha ha.

saw charlotte bennett on a cnn interview and found her a very sweet soft-spoken young woman and I believe her.

on further examination she is very pretty.

:)

Charlotte Bennett Details Andrew Cuomo Harassment Allegations | PEOPLE.com

Accuser says Gov. Cuomo asked her to find him a 'girlfriend'

Cuomo's problem here is that he is a tyrant and very much disliked by pols in his own party. He will not have their protection now. His dad was very much beloved by the people of New York. 

I hope this ends his presidential or senatorial aspirations.  Don't know that much about him, but I really don't like the way he talked or presented himself during all the daily COVIC-19 briefings he gave.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, Arturo said:

Oh, come on Arturo, you can do better than that! My cat would be a more competent leader than Trump. Plus he's fixed, so no accosting for him! 

• Haha 1

Andrew Cuomo just lacks that common humble touch that dad Mario Cuomo had. He's got a reputation as a bully, and so now the bullied have their tormenter cornered, so he should expect no help from them.  If anything, they'll just pile on.