Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

HE'S BACK!...AND WITH ALL THE GUTS IN THE WORLD!

:)

With All the slimy guts of a slug, and as much spine!!!

• Haha 1

Golden Trump statue turning heads at CPAC was made in … Mexico | Donald  Trump | The Guardian

I'm confused by this golden Trump statue at CPAC. Aren't lots of these CPAC folks evangelicals? I remember being taught as a child that very bad things happened to people  in the Bible who made and worshipped golden images.

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Golden Trump statue turning heads at CPAC was made in … Mexico | Donald  Trump | The Guardian

I'm confused by this golden Trump statue at CPAC. Aren't lots of these CPAC folks evangelicals? I remember being taught as a child that very bad things happened to people  in the Bible who made and worshipped golden images.

Don't Catholics do the same thing - worshiping  statues of Mary?

2000.jpeg

Just now, hamradio said:

2000.jpeg

I'm not Catholic, so I couldn't comment.  Other than watching Mother Angelica on EWTN back in the day, I really have no insight into Catholic practices. 

27 minutes ago, hamradio said:

2000.jpeg

You comparing a statue of Mary, the Mother of God to a statue of the golden calf or the golden Donald Trump as if there is no difference?  Why not cut right to the chase and say what is the difference between that Trump statue and Jesus on the cross?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

You comparing a statue of Mary, the Mother of God to a statue of the golden calf or the golden Donald Trump as if there is no difference?  Why not cut right to the chase and say what is the difference between that Trump statue and Jesus on the cross?

Referring to graven images there is no difference.   Protestants only use the Latin cross without Christ on it. It's only symbolism of the faith. 

1494-65523-cross-gettyimages-612253604-m

The only question remaining is why the awful looking statue of Trump is holding a magic wand? :blink:

symbolism of a faith is what physical idolatry is all about. it originated in paganism and is completely at odds with "thou shalt not make unto yourselves any graven image."...

and unlike alotta other christians I can explain God's rationale behind the commandment...but it would be lengthy.

46 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

symbolism of a faith is what physical idolatry is all about. it originated in paganism and is completely at odds with "thou shalt not make unto yourselves any graven image."...

and unlike alotta other christians I can explain God's rationale behind the commandment...but it would be lengthy.

So is a golden Trump statue a "graven image" or not?  Speaking to one of his proud-to-be cult members, you should be able to answer that.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

So is a golden Trump statue a "graven image" or not?  Speaking to one of his proud-to-be cult members, you should be able to answer that.

a graven image is strictly a physical object used for religious worship....

is an academy award oscar statuette or a Golden Globe a graven image?

Has a Woman Ever Won an Oscar for Best Director?

Actors With The Most Oscar Nominations - Simplemost

Close Woman Pink Holding Oscar Award Isolated Black â Stock Editorial Photo  © AndrewLozovyi #238456748

13 hours ago, hamradio said:

2000.jpeg

The Mother of Jesus Christ is something many devout Catholics and others find asworthy of worship.  The worshipping of the FATTED GOLDEN COW Donald Trump statue is right out of the biblical admonishment against false idols.  NO comparison, and even you cannot attempt to rationalize it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

a graven image is strictly a physical object used for religious worship....

is an academy award oscar statuette or a Golden Globe a graven image?

Has a Woman Ever Won an Oscar for Best Director?

Actors With The Most Oscar Nominations - Simplemost

Close Woman Pink Holding Oscar Award Isolated Black â Stock Editorial Photo  © AndrewLozovyi #238456748

You and your kind have chosen to worship the AntiChrist Donald Trump.  You can no longer call yourselves Christian if you hold Trump on par with Jesus Christ.  You can no longer be bible thumpers if you care not about the Bible warning of worshipping false idols and of the Anti Christ.  you have abdicated all semblance of Christian values when you spat on Christ’s teachings and followed Trump’s un-Christian policies of cruelty and hatred towards the most downtrodden and needy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
12 hours ago, hamradio said:

Referring to graven images there is no difference.   Protestants only use the Latin cross without Christ on it. It's only symbolism of the faith. 

The only question remaining is why the awful looking statue of Trump is holding a magic wand? :blink:

And yet you and you kind worship at the image of Donald Trump, or at least rationalize those that do this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First off, the images of Mary and others are usually marble or other  materials that AREN'T gold.  And of people refuted to have been real, according to their holy scripture.  While I'm not a biblical scholar, I have sat through hours of confirmation classes(as an Episcopalian) and do not recall any mention of Donald Trump or some guy named Oscar.  I assume those are golden symbols of something or someone worshiped by some other  mindless cults.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

Mary Trump is wrong here.  White Supremacy has been a cornerstone of the Republican Party since Goldwater, with Nixon, Reagan and Trump (among many, many others) capitalizing on it. 

18 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

I have seen pictures of the Trump statue and it is by far the ugliest object yet to be associated with Trump.  It insults the US flag by using it as a pair of shorts.  The gold is too bright and cheap looking.  It is also misshapen with a fat head and grotesque little boy body.

Further proof that the majority of Republicans, least ways CPAC members, and Trump have no taste whatsoever.  White Trash reigns supreme.

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Mary Trump is wrong here.  White Supremacy has been a cornerstone of the Republican Party since Goldwater, with Nixon, Reagan and Trump (among many, many others) capitalizing on it. 

I saw an interview with Mary Trump yesterday and in that one her point was that Trump has made it "okay" to be deplorable.  That's why they love him.  He is championing their right to be the ugly souls that they are.  He is arguably doing it more openly and more successfully than any major Republican leader in recent memory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, hamradio said:

2000.jpeg

You don't know much about Catholicism, obviously. Saints aren't worshiped.

• Confused 1
19 hours ago, hamradio said:

There sure is a difference!

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

Hope not, ONLY God suppose to be worshiped, that much I know! 

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

Saints aren't worshiped?   Uh,  you have been to Italy.     They are clearly worshiped by my Catholic Italian in-laws.     

In Puglia,    Padre Pio is right up there with JC and Mary:   his pictures are everywhere.   E.g.  9 out of ten shops in the region will have his picture.

In fact I have 2 in my own home  (yea,  my wife asked me to do this to appease her mother).

Padre Pio profile.jpg