Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disney’s Angels In The Outfield

I just watched the March On TCM video on their YouTube channel and saw that Disney’s Angels In The Outfield with Danny Glover.  My man Tony Danza and Christopher Lloyed is scheduled to be on this month.  Of course we’ve got the Now Playing email guide.  But just in case for some reason.  It’s part of the daytime themes and it’s on during the day or something?  Could someone please tell me when it’s on.  It’s so cool that it will actually be on here.  It’s one of my all time favorite Disney movies.  Love it.

Try midnight on Saturday, March 27. The movie also was one of the first films on the résumé of a future Oscar winner named McConaughey.

See the source image

Just to make sure you don't miss it, Angels in the Outfield is on late in the evening on Friday, March 26.  The primetime theme that evening is a tribute to Danny Glover.  Here is the lineup (Eastern Time):

8:00 PM    Places in the Heart (1984)
    10:00 PM    To Sleep with Anger (1990)
    12:00 AM    Angels in the Outfield (1994)

Now that March is underway, you can also find this info on the TCM monthly schedule (have to scroll down towards the end of the month):

https://www.tcm.com/schedule-monthly?icid=mainnav7-month-schedule

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Try midnight on Saturday, March 27. The movie also was one of the first films on the résumé of a future Oscar winner named McConaughey.

What "McConaughey"?

Oddly, as I like all the actors that appear in this stinker, I thought it seriously lacked the luster of the '51 original.   Thanks for the warning.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I thought it seriously lacked the luster of the '51 original

I recently watched the '51 version and thought it was pretty close to perfect. I loved it as a kid & think it's a great introduction to classic film for younger people. Just goes to show "newer, in color" is not always better.

• Thanks 1
On 3/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, Mario500 said:

What "McConaughey"?

3 hours ago, Mario500 said:

(still waiting for an answer to the question I had posted here earlier)

I'm assuming it's MATTHEW.

Sepiatone

18 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I'm assuming it's MATTHEW.

Sepiatone

Sure as heck looks to me like the same guy who's hawkin' Lincoln SUVs on TV now days, alright!

(...alright, alright) 

;)

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot that there was another future Oscar winner in this movie. Hint: He still holds the record as the youngest-ever recipient of the Best Actor award.

See the source image