Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Watch TCM App

David Guercio

24 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

If for some reason you can’t finish a movie on the Watch TCM App?  Could you pick up from where you left off or do you have to start from the beginning?

I have a habit of starting to watch a film from the Watch TCM menu, and realizing I have about 3 weeks to finish watching it before it disappears, I pause it to return to later or the next day. Usually, I have to start the process all over again, but I have the time marker on the screen written down so I can fast forward to were I left off. Every now and again, though, the film will start where I paused it all on it's own. 🤔

The West Point Story is off the Watch TCM App now right?  Wasn’t yesterday it’s last day?  Whatever I haven’t been able to see here on TCM itself.  I’ve been watching SOTM Doris Day’s lineup on there.  Really wonderful actress and really wonderful movies.  I really love her and I really love them a whole lot.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old question, but I just realized that on my Roku TV, I can usually save my place in a movie if I add it to the Watchlist at that point.

That is, if I've already added it to the Watchlist before I start it, and I watch for a while and have to go away and come back, it will just start from the beginning. But if I've started the movie and have to cut it off before I've finished it, and THEN I add it to my Watchlist, it will remember that place and ask if I want to "Continue" or start over.

This seems to work even if I have to stop the same movie more than once -- I take it off of the Watchlist (clicking the "-Watchlist" button) and then put it right back on (clicking again after the button has changed to "+Watchlist"). I can't swear this will work every time, but I've had good luck with it!

I just watched a movie on the TCM hub of HBO. I watched it over the span of two evenings, paused it several times to answer the phone, get a drink, etc and it kept my place every time, even the next day.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings