Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elizabeth Banks, a wild bear and cocaine. What could go wrong?


SansFin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Elizabeth Banks will direct a movie about a bear which died from eating cocaine dropped from an airplane.

It is a true story. 

The movie will be released by: Universal.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/elizabeth-banks-phil-lord-chris-miller-cocaine-bear-universal-pictures-1234926798/

The bear is now named "Pablo EskoBear" and is on display at a mall in Kentucky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SansFin said:

Elizabeth Banks will direct a movie about a bear which died from eating cocaine dropped from an airplane.

It is a true story. 

The movie will be released by: Universal.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/elizabeth-banks-phil-lord-chris-miller-cocaine-bear-universal-pictures-1234926798/

The bear is now named “Pablo EskoBear" and is on display at a mall in Kentucky.

First thought the funny pun "Pablo Eskobear" was something you might have made up and added here Sans, but darn if you're not right...

Pablo01.jpg

I'll bet this'll be a fun flick. Elizabeth Banks is one funny lady.

(...she was hilarious in her reoccurring guest role as Sal the wacky friend to Cam and Mitchell on Modern Family)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dargo said:

First thought the funny pun "Pablo Eskobear" was something you might have made up and added here Sans, but darn if you're not right...

 

It is far past time that you learned that I am always right. 

What I find confusing is that it is a black bear. I thought it was white bears which enjoy Coke.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SansFin said:

It is far past time that you learned that I am always right. 

What I find confusing is that it is a black bear. I thought it was white bears which enjoy Coke.

LOL

Well then, this was just another case where you were/are right!...

qnOIoM%2BZLmfbJrPMeIjbOFpbrSw0yLXs=&risl

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote from a different article: "There was probably about a 5 minute window before he died where he was the most dangerous apex predator on any continent."

I must wonder how such a bear-centric movie will tell the story. I doubt that: ASPCA will allow them to film a real bear gorging on pure cocaine. They will have to hire an actor in a fur suit. How many high-profile actors could they attract with a: "pay is flat scale plus all the Peruvian Marching Powder you can eat" offer.

I must wonder also if there is a sufficient body of research on bears eating cocaine so that they might make those scenes realistic. The fact that the bear was able to open the fortieth container shows that it maintained an amazing level of awareness and problem solving ability. If only it could have put that stamina, will and mental agility to good use rather than overindulging on the first planeload of dope to come its way.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SansFin said:

Quote from a different article: "There was probably about a 5 minute window before he died where he was the most dangerous apex predator on any continent."

I must wonder how such a bear-centric movie will tell the story. I doubt that: ASPCA will allow them to film a real bear gorging on pure cocaine. They will have to hire an actor in a fur suit. How many high-profile actors could they attract with a: "pay is flat scale plus all the Peruvian Marching Powder you can eat" offer.

I must wonder also if there is a sufficient body of research on bears eating cocaine so that they might make those scenes realistic. The fact that the bear was able to open the fortieth container shows that it maintained an amazing level of awareness and problem solving ability. If only it could have put that stamina, will and mental agility to good use rather than overindulging on the first planeload of dope to come its way.

Wasn't the bear that almost decapitates DiCaprio in The Revenant almost all CGI generated? I'm sure they'll be doing the same in Banks' movie.

Btw, this line of talk has reminded me of one of my favorite old Far Side comics here...

c1ab54a91e35f3218905af71db15021e.jpg

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dargo said:

Wasn't the bear that almost decapitates DiCaprio in The Revenant almost all CGI generated? I'm sure they'll be doing the same in Banks' movie.

Btw, this line of talk has reminded me of one of my favorite old Far Side comics here...

c1ab54a91e35f3218905af71db15021e.jpg

Oh Dargo!  Sometimes, I think we were cut from the same cloth...I LOVE The Far Side and have a couple of books in my library to prove it.  I don't know what Charles Dickens or Stephen Crane would think of their works being parked on the shelf next to Gary Larson, but, as our most recent Disrupter in Chief once stated, "It is what it is."!😉 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...