Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie songs you like that you think deserve to be more popular.


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, skimpole said:

In the category of 1986 songs that were better than the oscar winner, from American An them: 

 

Hey! There's no mention of Winslow Arizona in this song?!!!

(...what's up with THAT???)  ;)

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Also in the category of 1986 movie songs that are better than the oscar winner, one, from Blue Velvet, that actually has an important place in the movie: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 2:39 AM, skimpole said:

Also in the category of 1986 movie songs that are better than the oscar winner, one, from Blue Velvet, that actually has an important place in the movie: 

 

She also sang the theme for Twin Peaks for David lynch as well....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carole King's "Now and Forever" was unfairly treated twice.  Madonna's contract for "A League of Their Own" entitled her to have the end title song, shoving "Now and Forever" out, and somewhat misused as the opening title where the soundtrack faded it out instead of allowing its last notes to fully resolve.  And then Madonna's dirge "This Used to Be My Playground" was Oscar nominated while the Academy overlooked the gorgeous and wistfully uplifting Carole King number.  Audio only below.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be more interesting to talk about movie songs that should be less popular.  Like that Phil Collins song from "Tarzan" that won the Oscar in one of the worst results ever.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vidor said:

It would be more interesting to talk about movie songs that should be less popular.  Like that Phil Collins song from "Tarzan" that won the Oscar in one of the worst results ever.

Start a thread on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always liked the theme from BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Obviously, it was overshadowed by "Raindrops" with **** Thomas.  I also like the song "Smiling" from MAN ON FIRE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NewYorkGuy said:

 And then Madonna's dirge "This Used to Be My Playground" was Oscar nominated

 

Actully, only the Golden Globes bit on that. The Oscars picked two songs from Aladdin ("A Whole New World", which won, and "Friend Like Me"), two from The Bodyguard (that battering ram of a power anthem "I Have Nothing" and "Run To You' ,only heard in the film for 45 seconds), and one from The Mambo Kings ("Beautiful Maria of My Soul")

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

Actully, only the Golden Globes bit on that. The Oscars picked two songs from Aladdin ("A Whole New World", which won, and "Friend Like Me"), two from The Bodyguard (that battering ram of a power anthem "I Have Nothing" and "Run To You' ,only heard in the film for 45 seconds), and one from The Mambo Kings ("Beautiful Maria of My Soul")

I haven't seen The Mambo Kings, but this is clearly the best of the four nominees I have seen, and from the best of the post-1966 Disney animated films: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Far as I know, these didn't become very popular outside of being heard in the movie.

 

And IMHO this is the better of the two.  ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Alice in Wonderland is both my favorite Disney movie and its most underrated one.  Its soundtrack is also underrated:

"Not pink, not green, not aquamarine."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The title track for SATAN's SADISTS is amazing. Sort of like a psychotic biker version of A CHANGE IS GONNA COME.

"I was born mean,

and by the time I was twelve...

I was killing...

Killing for Satan...

Yes my mother, she had problems... (you think?)."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skimpole said:

From Yellow Submarine:

 

I love this song! Whenever I play this CD (Yes, I still have a CD player in my car 😄) this song, along with NOWHERE MAN, gets repeated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...