Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

+Snubs

Aritosthenes

So .. Oscar Nominations Have been released..

Β 

...and with that; while there HAVE Been Bright Rays of Sunshine in the academy's otherwise one dimensional, tone-deaf .. (seemingly) uninterested nominations of past years .. (Shape of Water,. And Joker; ..Both were practically Miracles).. .....THIS year,Β  (it) seems they forgot to watch Dreamland,. .. or News of the World...

πŸ˜¬πŸ˜ΆπŸ™„πŸ€πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ™„πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Ohh well.. .

Β 

Β 

This is Gonna Sound mean.. ..but cant say im surprised...

Madam Marg(g)ot Robbie and Mr Tom Hanks are .. ... the Best of the Best in this patchwork quilt season ..

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

🌈🎨🌈🌈🌈

• Like 1

Glenn Close and Anthony Hopkins received the nod to you are old (Close also nominated for a razzie)

Gary Oldman might have had a chance if Chad B. didn't die

Carey Mulligan's film has serious flaws in it (but Valerie Salanis (sp?), who wrote The SCUM Manifesto, would have loved it)

Awards should be based on merit rather than filling certain slots due to diversity, etc.Β  Also, do transgender actors get asked whether they want to be nominated as male or female?

• Thanks 1

My "thanks" response to your post CHAYA, is on the merit comment.Β  I don't either think an academy award should be granted simply because some actor or actress is of some particular ethnic group or gender.Β  Β 

And I would imagine that any transgender person would prefer to be nominated as the gender to which they transitioned.Β  Otherwise, what would have been the sense ofΒ the transition?

SepiatoneΒ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Glenn Close and Anthony Hopkins received the nod to you are old (Close also nominated for a razzie)

Gary Oldman might have had a chance if Chad B. didn't die

Carey Mulligan's film has serious flaws in it (but Valerie Salanis (sp?), who wrote The SCUM Manifesto, would have loved it)

Awards should be based on merit rather than filling certain slots due to diversity, etc.Β  Also, do transgender actors get asked whether they want to be nominated as male or female?

Even Taking into Account and Consideration the .. .... ..Subjectivity of a "Quality" Performance ..

Β 

Β 

It is Highly Unfortunate that (more often than not, it seems); the academy is (by and large) more interested in genre belly rubbingΒ  instead of actual grand slam, royal flush Performances ..

Β 

-D.. πŸ‘Ž

• Like 1

I've often wondered, in how many years can you make a case for Oscar making the correct decision?Β  "Sunrise", maybe "All Quiet on the Western Front", the "Godfather" films, "Casablanca"..."Schindler's List"?Β  "Unforgiven"?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vidor said:

I've often wondered, in how many years can you make a case for Oscar making the correct decision?Β  "Sunrise", maybe "All Quiet on the Western Front", the "Godfather" films, "Casablanca"..."Schindler's List"?Β  "Unforgiven"?

While Definitely a Subjective Matter (and im not tryin to b a nit picky little brat in saying that either),.

Β 

I +COMPLETELY Agree.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

And .. ... i Only Marginally Say this in tongue in cheek jest but (nonetheless) PLEASE tell me.. ...that (Just) A FEW of Said Titles Came Away With πŸŽ¨πŸŽ­πŸ‘ '! ...

πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜πŸ˜¬πŸ˜•πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ™„πŸ˜‘πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Β© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings