Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where could I find out if a scene that 'shook' me from the original "The Ten Commandments" release was deleted from the film?

Oldie

I remember seeing "The Ten Commandments" when I was about 5-8 years old and being 'shaken' by a scene (if that word describes what a young child would feel) in which some of the slaves building a pyramid in Egypt were crushed by the mountainous rock they had been 'dragging' to the building site, but that the work continued on the pyramid since it was so monstrous an effort that they couldn't have stopped it.  (Not that the slave drivers cared.)

Where could I find out if my memory is correct?

Or does anyone else remember this?

There is a scene in the film that is similar; perhaps this is what you are remembering:  An old slave woman gets her dress cord stuck in the slabs of stone as it is being moved by thousands of slaves.  She cannot get it lsose and is in great danger of being crushed by the stones if the slavemasters do not order the moving stones to be stopped.  It does get stopped, just in the nick of time, and the old slave woman, Charlton Heston later learns, turns out to be Moses' birth mother.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings