Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is America - State Trooper

I am a retired Connecticut State Trooper. We have a museum in Meriden, Connecticut dedicated to our State Police. Recently we learned RKO made a short film in 1949 called “This is America, State Trooper”. It follows a Trooper from recruitment through the Academy,  to his first Barracks Assignment. We would very much like to obtain a copy of this for our museum.  

I contacted RKO and they told me they had sold their library years ago and no longer had an archive.  Through successor companies many of their films wee re acquired by Turner. Does anyone have suggestions where we could find a print or copy of this ? Would anyone  have  suggestions where I could keep looking ?

Below is a publicity poster for the movie.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

RKO State Trooper.jpg

• Like 1

A bit of googling gave me some contact information, including an address to write to and a customer service phone number.

1. TCM HELP CENTER 
  2.  GENERAL INFORMATION

General Information

Q: How can I contact TCM?

A: You can contact various TCM businesses at the customer service numbers/emails listed below. For general questions, comments or requests, you can contact TCM online at the TCM Help Center or you can send us a letter.

Online:

Visit the TCM Help Center at help.tcm.com to submit a question, comment or request.

Mailing address:

TCM Viewer Relations

1050 Techwood Drive NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

TCM Classic Film Festival Box Office:

(877) 826-5764

filmfestival@tcm.com

www.tcm.com/festival

TCM SHOP:

Customer Service: (888) 982-6746

SHOP.TCM.COM

740 Hilltop Dr

Itasca, IL 60143 USA

support@shop.tcm.com

http://shop.tcm.com/ 

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Note that a lot of RKO's non-fiction stuff was under the RKO-Pathe banner.

Here's the IMDb entry for State Trooper (it omits the "This Is America" title)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232153/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_33

According to this forum post, the "This is America" series was at one time distributed by McGraw-Hill for the classroom, and that "many of the Pathe co-productions, in particular, have been scattered all over the place in various vaults, sometimes with copyright issues and other legal red tape."

Maybe you can also contact McGraw-Hill to see what happened to their "This is America" properties?

• Like 1