Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks For The Sherlock Holmes Movies

You know.  TCM has had a lot of great programming this month.  Thank you so much for the Sherlock Holmes movies.  They were great.  I still think that would make a great Spotlight sometime.  My request should still be there on the Friday Night Spotlight board.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

You know.  TCM has had a lot of great programming this month.  Thank you so much for the Sherlock Holmes movies.  They were great.  I still think that would make a great Spotlight sometime.  My request should still be there on the Friday Night Spotlight board.

Nice!

For fans of the Universal Holmes films, the late Michael Hoey - son of Dennis "Inspector Lestrade" Hoey - wrote a wonderful book about the Sherlock Holmes stock company (Sherlock Holmes & the Fabulous Faces - The Universal Pictures Repertory Company ). He reviews the cast members of all 12 films (and touches on the 2 Fox pictures as well) and gives well-researched bios of the supporting cast members.

• Thanks 3
5 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Thank you so much for the Sherlock Holmes movies.  They were great.  I still think that would make a great Spotlight sometime.  

Great idea, David. They would make a nice spotlight any day of the week for the entire month (and there are plenty of them to air.) They could show many of the different interpreters of Holmes and Watson (even some of the British TV versions.) Fun! :)

• Like 1

Yes.  Let’s do it.  Everybody head over to the TCM’s Friday Night Spotlight board.  If that’s the only way to make it happen and let’s figure something out.  I would also like my request for a Mel Brooks Spotlight to happen with an Online Course as well.  Let’s figure out how to make that happen too.  That should still be on the TCM’s Friday Night Spotlight board too.  I would  also request an Online Course for the Sherlock Holmes spotlight too.  But I’m kind of not sure if they would actually have two Online Courses in a row.  Like two months in a row for example.  So yes.  Let’s make this happen together.  Both Spotlight’s.