Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watch TCM on Roku .no chosen film will play

mBuff

I have a strange problem involving my ROKU and Watch TCM.

For near a week now, I've been unable to view any selected film from Watch TCM.  Invariably, the screen flips to the Roku home screen, showing the Roku menu and my available channels.

The only part of Watch TCM that still functions to bring up a film is the pair of  'watch live' choices, but no 'on demand'.

I've tried roving the channel and re-adding it.

On demand works without any problem on any/all of my other Roku streaming channels.

Watch TCM works without a problem on my desktop PC with the same subscription login.

My Roku is an Ultra model 4660x2.  I have repeatedly tried resets by pulling the power plug with no success.

18 hours ago, mBuff said:

I have a strange problem involving my ROKU and Watch TCM.

For near a week now, I've been unable to view any selected film from Watch TCM.  Invariably, the screen flips to the Roku home screen, showing the Roku menu and my available channels.

The only part of Watch TCM that still functions to bring up a film is the pair of  'watch live' choices, but no 'on demand'.

I've tried roving the channel and re-adding it.

On demand works without any problem on any/all of my other Roku streaming channels.

Watch TCM works without a problem on my desktop PC with the same subscription login.

My Roku is an Ultra model 4660x2.  I have repeatedly tried resets by pulling the power plug with no success.

When you re-installed WatchTCM, did you have to reauthenticate, and login again?

If not, you might try that

I’ve got the same problem. I’ve tried to remove the reinstall the watch TCM app, logged off and on, rebooted the TV (this is a Roku TV - hitachi) in all manner of combinations.  I’ve been able to view the content on another Roku device I have (and Ultra model) and on an iPad app using the same credentials. Any recommendations?

I was ready to enter my subscriber info, but the app did not call for it at any of the numerous times I tried the remove/reinstall maneuver.

I got into a 'chat' with Roku support and then tried a system restart that failed to fix the problem.  Directed me to TCM support as the 'channel provider".

I'm thinking the support folks at Roku and TCM should confer.

I've been having the exact same problem as everyone is describing above--I try to click open a movie and get kicked back out to the Roku Home Screen. I can watch the Live movies but no others.

I was also able to watch one on my PC that I can't watch through Roku.

I first noticed this problem on Sunday March 28 and as of Friday April 2 things the problem continues in the exact same way.

I have unplugged and restarted my Roku, deleted the Watch TCM channel on Roku and then added it again, but nothing works.

It's broader than just Roku, I can't access it on either my Roku or over the internet.  It seems to be tied to specific cable providers, it doesn't work for my Frontier account but it works for my parents' Fios account.  TCM is still an active channel for me so it's not like Frontier removed it from my package.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings