Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies For April Fool's Day

Det Jim McLeod

I was trying to think of movies which concerned a prank being pulled or somebody being fooled or deceived. I thought of these two:

Pillow Talk (1959)  Songwriter Rock Hudson fools sexy interior decorator Doris Day that he is a naïve Texan. What she doesn't know is he is the obnoxious womanizer who is on her telephone party line.

I Saw What You Did (1965) Two teenage girls are babysitting and play telephone pranks on  random numbers out of the phone book. They get in trouble when the say the movie's title to a psycho (John Ireland) who just murdered his wife.

Any others?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I was trying to think of movies which concerned a prank being pulled or somebody being fooled or deceived. I thought of these two:

Pillow Talk (1959)  Songwriter Rock Hudson fools sexy interior decorator Doris Day that he is a naïve Texan. What she doesn't know is he is the obnoxious womanizer who is on her telephone party line.

I Saw What You Did (1965) Two teenage girls are babysitting and play telephone pranks on  random numbers out of the phone book. They get in trouble when the say the movie's title to a psycho (John Ireland) who just murdered his wife.

Any others?

Offhand, i can think of .. several others...

The Great Race.

Arizona.

Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Md Wrld.

Kill Me Three Times.

Lies and Alibis (also called the Alibi).

Get the Gringo.

Life of Crime.

the Whistlers. ..

Also Maybe Trance.

and Dead Man Down. 

on the more serious side of things.

Probably others.. ...as they arrive in my recollection ...lol

😐

4 hours ago, Vidor said:

Do con artist movies count?  Then "The Sting" and many others.

I was about to say that, but then Steve Martin's plot against Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger (1999) sprang to mind.

(Two years after Martin turned con man in The Spanish Prisoner (1997).)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings