Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where's Dave Karger today (Saturday 2021-04-03)???

It has been strange.  I was watching Bullitt on the WatchTCM West Coast live feed, and noticed there was no wrap-up after the film.

Shortly thereafter the movie was posted for on-demand streaming, and this version does include Dave's material.

I then watched the West Coast live feed for the start of Caged, and no introduction for that either.

Perhaps the on-demand version of Caged will include the wraparounds (if it is posted).

- Edit:

Caged has been posted to WatchTCM on-demand, and it does include Dave's intro and wrap-up.

• Thanks 1

TCM should at the very least make some written announcement on its website that no intros/exit remarks will happen on Sat afternoon!

Geez, I've had to pay an extra 10.00 for TCM for 18 mos now. Kinda feel I'm not getting money's worth, and it's been more like trying to "educating the moviegoer" instead.

1 hour ago, cmovieviewer said:

It has been strange.  I was watching Bullitt on the WatchTCM West Coast live feed, and noticed there was no wrap-up after the film.

Shortly thereafter the movie was posted for on-demand streaming, and this version does include Dave's material.

I then watched the West Coast live feed for the start of Caged, and no introduction for that either.

Perhaps the on-demand version of Caged will include the wraparounds (if it is posted).

- Edit:

Caged has been posted to WatchTCM on-demand, and it does include Dave's intro and wrap-up.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Yes, CAGED had the wraparounds on the streaming service. I suspect CALAMITY JANE will as well.

There have been a few hiccups over the years (An intro was replayed at the end of the movie for example. ) but far as I know this is the first time anything like this has happened.

Interestingly Ben's opening for CAREFREE was broadcast on air.

• Like 1