Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Everybody.  Happy Easter.  Hey.  I just thought of this yesterday.  I’ve got another really great idea for a Spotlight.  How about a Phantom Of The Opera Spotlight?  With every single movie version ever made?  I think that would be really neat.  Besides the movie version of Andrew Lloyed Webber’s and Andrew Lloyed Webber’s play?  The only movie versions I’ve seen so far out of the original ones are.  The silent version here on TCM on Silent Sunday Nights and the one with Nelson Eddy as the Phantom.  Which was the one Michael Crawford saw and studied for the role in London.  New York on Broadway and LA and I also own that version on VHS too.  It’s great.  Even though the movie version of Andrew Lloyed Webber’s came out a while back.  At first I thought it kind of actually might still be a little to new to be included.  But here on TCM.  They’ve also shown movies from the early and mid 2000s from time to time.  So I think it will actually be alright to be included.  Again.  Happy Easter everybody.

• Like 2

Excellent idea, David. 

The 1925 version with Mary Philbin & Lon Chaney Sr. is probably the most well-known.

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 1.50.17 PM.jpg

However, my favorite is the 1943 version with Claude Rains.

screen-shot-2019-11-21-at-7.20.55-am.jpeg

• Like 1